Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time does your post arrive?

• 02-12-2017 5:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭

Our post generally arrives at around 11am Monday-Friday. We only get Saturday post at Christmas time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dexter_morgan

*Gets popcorn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

*Gets popcorn*

Any links for that statement ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Thread of the year contender here, just you watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

We got post last Sunday around lunch time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Question is too easy. Why does it feel like a trap? :pac:

Roughly between 12-1pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

We had Last Post on Sunday afternoon.

Unfortunately, Sir Brigadier General Winston Gascoigne D'Ascoigne III M.B.E. died.

He was a hamster, but due to his military rank he deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Any time until 1pm depending on who's delivering it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Around 830am. Don't remember the last Saturday delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Our post generally arrives at around 11am Monday-Friday. We only get Saturday post at Christmas time.

Which means you are at least 50% into the postal route for that postman since they are normally scheduled to be on the road by 8am

Mine arrives approx 825am and that delay is because of the travel time to that route on a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

SPDUB wrote: »
    Which means you are at least 50% into the postal route for that postman since they are normally scheduled to be on the road by 8am

Mine arrives approx 825am and that delay is because of the travel time to that route on a bike

Some posties are working earlier....ours comes at 7.30 every morning, mon to fri.
    we're out in the country so wouldnt be the first drop by any means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Most probably coincidental, but our post always seems to arrive at the same time as the mailman does be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

09:10-09:30

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any links for that statement ?

tenor.gif

Between 1 and 2, it use too be between 10 and 11, not sure why they got so late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I have no idea because there's no one at home between the hours of approximately 8am and 2pm Monday to Thursday. The house is on a quiet rural lane just off the N26 and there is ample options to depart undetected. There is a spare key under the blue flower pot on the left hand side and there is a small amount of mixed used bank notes in handbag on the hall table. Duke looks really scary but is sweet natured, getting old and incontinent and a complete idiot, frankly (bring dog treats to be sure). Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

cantdecide wrote: »
    I have no idea because there's no one at home between the hours of approximately 8am and 2pm Monday to Thursday. The house is on a quiet rural lane just off the N26 and there is ample options to depart undetected. There is a spare key under the blue flower pot on the left hand side and there is a small amount of mixed used bank notes in handbag on the hall table. Duke looks really scary but is sweet natured, getting old and incontinent and a complete idiot, frankly (bring dog treats to be sure). Good luck.
    Nice try Padraig Nally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭badabing106

I heard a dreadful double banging on the door at 8 am one saturday morning. I was so pissed off thinking what kind of lunatic would do that at that time of the hour, then I remembered the saying "the postman always knocks twice"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I heard a dreadful double banging on the door at 8 am one saturday morning. I was so pissed off thinking what kind of lunatic would do that at that time of the hour, then I remembered the saying "the postman always knocks twice"

That wasn't the postman. He RINGS twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

9 AM on the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cagedbutterfly

Our post gets delivered around 4.30 p.m. every day but at this time of year it's normally between 6 and 7 p.m.

Post only delivered on a Saturday on the last weekend before Christmas.

As far as I'm aware I'm one of the last houses in my area to receive the post - someone has to be last I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

In my current house my post arrives about 8.50am. In my last house it was half 8. I lived only 5 mins walk from my parents and theirs never arrived until 12.00pm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

My post arrives when it arrives. This thread is a winner.

Advertisement