Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone clock bug

Options
  • 02-12-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

An iPhone bug has appeared overnight (happened around midnight for me). Every 40s or so the black screen with spinning wheel will appear, followed by the passcode screen.

It seems to be linked to a bug in the Clock app. Turning off all notifications appears to have temp fixed the issue for me. Other users are reporting that changing the time zone or date / time back to a date in the past resolvesit.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

11.2 was just released and fixes this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I tried the update immediately, as it was on my list to do anyway. But it didn’t fix it for me, was still happening after I updated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You sure it wasnt the previous update? 11.2 was just released.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely 11.2

11.2 definitely fixes this so something must have gone wrong. Check that it installed, sometimes updates fail and the phone reboots as if nothing happened. You might have to restore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Went into the Apple Store here in Singapore this morning, it was a disaster, the phone couldn't do nothing ( new iPhone x- only have it 5 days) ,they reset the date to yesterday and turned off all notifications, 11.2 is currently downloading on my phone as I type this. they were super helpful, but then started taking groups of 10 people and explaining how to fix. you have to work fast as mine was rebooting every 10-15 secs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Same here. Every 10-20 seconds.

The bug is caused by a local notification set to repeat, usually on a daily basis. If you know what notification that is then disable notifications for that app and update to 11.2. If you don’t know, disable all notifications (time consuming) or change the date back a day (may mess up stuff) and update to 11.2.

Advertisement