Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash Of Champions (SD PPV)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Orton leaving his hair grow a bit is the most character he's shown in years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm off to bed. There's plenty of time to get annoyed at WWE in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

J. Marston wrote: »
    Orton leaving his hair grow a bit is the most character he's shown in years.

Tbf, watching his hair grow tends to be the most entertaining part of his matches.

This is an odd match.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

watching this match was a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I take it back watching that man in the crowd chant 'holy ****' to his small child made it worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Thank **** AJ won.

Jinder worked hard, but right now, he is not good enough to main event PPV'S.

Roman for all his flaws and he has many, is so far ahead of him when it comes to ring work which illustrates how much Jinder needs to improve if he wants to close PPVS on a regular basis.

There was no point to that ppv at all. A glorified episode of smackdown.

This Sam Phillips fella is the pencil necked geek Freddie blassie warned us about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Jinder failure is over! Oh and Bryan took a bump...in the ring. He's 100% coming back now.

• Advertisement

There was no point to that ppv at all. A glorified episode of smackdown.

Peaked at Rusev Day and everything afterwards underwhelmed somewhat.

Finish of the Shane McMahon tag was fun though. First two matches were decent. Women were just God awful and Jinder is beyond hope.

Also if Bryan is back that's a great thing.
    However shocked that anyone would want him to wrestle Shane ****ing Mc Mahon in 2018. Shane unless he is falling off stuff is a really bad worker and its not as if the card won't be lacking old part time dudes.

Bryan vs a good wrestler would be too much to ask. Need the McMahon's as the focal point of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I loved their use of grey and ambiguity in Shane and Bryan's actions, only for the crowd to utterly sh1t on it and side with Bryan resoundingly. Did they really think it would go any differently?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well, glad AJ won and that someone backstage has a bit of sense when booking.

After the first two matches I thought we might have had a surprisingly good show, but the quality went down the toilet real fast.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The main takeaway I have from this is the look of utter happiness Rusev had as the crowd were so, so behind him. They didn't even attempt to hide their happiness. Was awesome.

That, and I love The Usos now (which I never thought I'd ever say...)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The main takeaway I have from this is the look of utter happiness Rusev had as the crowd were so, so behind him. They didn't even attempt to hide their happiness. Was awesome.

That, and I love The Usos now (which I never thought I'd ever say...)

Yeah, it was fecking great seeing Rusev looking so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the usos have easily been the best tag team in any company this year just shows what a heel turn can do for people

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    the usos have easily been the best tag team in any company this year just shows what a heel turn can do for people

Yep simply as the WWE have no idea what to do with faces other than go out there and smile from ear to ear and look like a dork.

Oh and have a generic personality.

At least heels get to show a bit of personality.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets jobbed out to some jabroni on Tuesday now. I know it's no different to how he's been handled anyway but they'll have to stop those positive reactions incase he gets over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gable's German suplexes are art.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Raw has the bigger teams, yet Smackdown's tag division is easily the one I prefer to watch. All the teams deserved to win.
    And the preshow bit with New Day, I liked seeing Big E kinda resurrect his "Five" gimmick. .

Once again, Dolph is confused about whether he wants music or not. I wonder if he asked for his release and they offered him this title instead.

The long haired guy that's at all thes things seemed to be supporting Jinder.

sky88 wrote: »

Not had a match on the main event of Mania ever which is crazy. I appreciate the main show is only 5 hours these days and you need to get in some crappy musical performances and Trips needs his 20 minute entrance, but they really deserve to be on the main card this year for how great they have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hopefully they go somewhere with the Bryan/Shane angle ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I loved their use of grey and ambiguity in Shane and Bryan's actions, only for the crowd to utterly sh1t on it and side with Bryan resoundingly. Did they really think it would go any differently?

This has been on my mind all day, and now I realise why.

There was no ambiguity in Shane's actions. He outright screwed Owens and Zayn. There were no shades of grey in how Shane behaved. He said he wanted them fired and then tried to unfairly cost the two their jobs.

And thus, because his were actions of a heel. The crowd cheered Bryan for righting the wrong. I don't believe that was their intentions. I think WWE want to run the story that Bryan unfairly helped the heels. But Bryan was only fixing Shane's attemptmat a screw job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

This has been on my mind all day, and now I realise why.

There was no ambiguity in Shane's actions. He outright screwed Owens and Zayn. There were no shades of grey in how Shane behaved. He said he wanted them fired and then tried to unfairly cost the two their jobs.

And thus, because his were actions of a heel. The crowd cheered Bryan for righting the wrong. I don't believe that was their intentions. I think WWE want to run the story that Bryan unfairly helped the heels. But Bryan was only fixing Shane's attemptmat a screw job.

I saw it as Bryan righting a wrong also but I also don't believe that was their intention. A fast count is a fast count which always looks bad and dodgy, and I think that was their attempt at making Bryan look ultimately like the bad guy/the heel.

The way they played it in the aftermath with the lingering shots on Randy and Shane was to portray them as the wronged parties, with Byron the alleged face commentator backing that up.

I've no doubt they'll have Bryan come out on Tuesday and apologise for his actions, having been caught up in the emotion of the moment.

The one cool thing that I absolutely digged was how much the crowd got fired up at the mere effort of Bryan getting worked up. They wanted him to smack Shane desperately. :pac:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hopefully they go somewhere with the Bryan/Shane angle ??

No need for that, just a tag match will do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

who's next in line for a world title shot ???

surely Jinder is done ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Fine PPV, some parts very good like the WWE title and the tag titles matches, duds like the womens title and the obvious screwy ending to KO/Zayns match

A solid 6.5 in my books, not a dud but not one to rewatch any time soon
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    who's next in line for a world title shot ???

surely Jinder is done ?

I'd like to see a proper AJ v Orton match, I know most are done with him but he's someone with a bit of credibility for AJ to face

AJ v KO could be done either, but I'd prefer to see him do something else and let AJ v Nakamura happen at Mania and keep building up Owens, he was feeling like a proper main eventer for me in the lead up to his Hell in a Cell match but things haven't been on fire for him since then

Advertisement