Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction Hob Installation

Options
  • 02-12-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for some advice if I may.

I am looking to have an induction hob installed. Job involves removing the existing hob, wiring the new one and slotting it in.

I put the job up on trademen.ie but have not got any responses as of yet, and normally they are pretty quick. I put the price in as €30-€100.

Am I missing something. Is my pricing off ?

http://www.tradesmen.ie/jobs/install-induction-hob-monasterevin-Kildare.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s just like changing a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

ted1 wrote: »
    It’s just like changing a plug.

I know and I could do it in about 5 mins, but the wife is terrified of electricity and has this vision that I will blow myself up or burn the house down.

Its a lot less grief to hire a sparks believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I finally got a response. Some chancer is telling me it will take "at least half a day". Quoted stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

My experience from hiring in different trades over the past year is small jobs are not worth it for most. While it may only take 20 mins, they have to travel to the job, cover their overheads etc... so call out is minimum €80 and then depending on the job what it'll take. There's an opportunity cost also if they're travelling to your job for say an hour, then at your place for 30 mins/1 hour and need to nip out to buy a part...half a day isn't far off in terms of their time that they could have spent elsewhere.

As someone said it's quite easy to do, but if you're not confident just stump up the cash and have peace of mind and less grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Tzardine wrote: »
    Hi guys looking for some advice if I may.

I am looking to have an induction hob installed. Job involves removing the existing hob, wiring the new one and slotting it in.

I put the job up on trademen.ie but have not got any responses as of yet, and normally they are pretty quick. I put the price in as €30-€100.

Am I missing something. Is my pricing off ?

http://www.tradesmen.ie/jobs/install-induction-hob-monasterevin-Kildare.html

The hard part of this job can be removing the old one and fitting the new one.
    Wiring is generally the easy part.
    I've gone to jobs where the old one is stuck down with gunoprene or the new one won't fit flush because the counter top is warped or a different size.
    it can take 10 mins to connect up once this is all sorted.

You may have to increase your price or contact the crowd you bought it from for a recommendation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement