Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Overpayment

Options
  • 02-12-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

So ive only just become aware that I can only overpay my mortgage by max 65 euro while on a fixed rate. The thing is Ive been overpaying my fixed rate mortgage by significantly more than that for nearly three years. So if BOI have been taking this overpayment every month by DD where is it going? It appears to be coming off the principal but am I missing something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi tommypepper,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

That would be correct, you can make an overpayment to a fixed rate mortgage of 10% of your normal repayment, or €65, which ever amount is greater. We would advise you to call our Mortgages team on 01-6113333 as they can look into your specific account and advise on these payments. Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Op, check and ensure that all that extra payment you made did not just simply go in fees to BOI for going outside the terms of your mortgage.

BOI need to be more transparent about this.

Best of luck.

Advertisement