Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Offer Issued Incorrectly

Options
  • 02-12-2017 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

We received our loan offer yesterday and were shocked to see they were offering 50,000 less then what our approval in principle had confirmed.

Not only that but the cost of the house was incorrect (they had the amount we needed to borrow in as the cost of the house) so I can only assume that's why the amount were borrowing is incorrect.

Anyone else have experience with these kind of errors? Surely if they were going to reduce our borrowing amount they'd have to advise us.

No circumstances or anything had changed and she had confirmed we should be fine to borrow as per our approval in principle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

This happened to use with PTSB and it was an error on their part. When I contacted them they sent out the paperwork again with the correct amounts. Hopefully it is just an error and it's fixed for you soon.

ETA: I'm assuming you've contacted them but if not that's your first port of call :)

Advertisement