Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trip to Poland - looking for suggestions?

• 02-12-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

want to visit Poland but a bit unsure where to go - Warsaw, Krackow or Gdansk... probably just for 3-5 days during feb mid term break.

Will have 2 teenage boys in tow so need to factor that in too.
    looking at City & Places To Visit, adjacent Ski areas (never been), day trips .. anyone here have any suggestions that I might consider? TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭pjproby

All are worth a trip - my favourites are Krakow and Gdansk - there is so much to see but I don't know about skiing areas

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Superniamh

holly8 wrote: »
    want to visit Poland but a bit unsure where to go - Warsaw, Krackow or Gdansk... probably just for 3-5 days during feb mid term break.

Will have 2 teenage boys in tow so need to factor that in too.
    looking at City & Places To Visit, adjacent Ski areas (never been), day trips .. anyone here have any suggestions that I might consider? TIA!

I've been to krakow twice. In fact have only just told the husband I want to go back!! Highly recommend the salt mines and Auschwitz concentration camp is about an hour away. Well worth taking a tour but you'll need a stiff drink after it!! There's a ski resort called Zakopane close by. I've heard it's fab but personally haven't visited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Only been to Gdansk so far, definitely worth the trip.
    Westerplatte peninsula (where WW2 started), Solidarity museum and also all the Maritime sights like the Crane might interest the teenage boys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gdansk is a great spot and my favourite city in Poland, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be outside the summer flights schedule, unless of course you'd like to experience Polish trains, which are always interesting.

I think if you can do the five nights, maybe 2 nights in Krakow, one in Zakopane and then back for another one or two in Krakow would be a goer.
    Three nights, I would just stay in Krakow.

There are plenty of things to see in Krakow and depeding which end of the teens they are they might enjoy Park Wodny (Water park).

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

thanks all for information provided - decided on Warsaw in the end, got a great deal on flights and like the look of the city too - looking for hotel recommendations in separate thread, if any? thanks again!

I hope this trip is the 1st of many ... so much to see and do, will defo go Gdansk next though

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105772651#post105772651

• Advertisement
Advertisement