Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falcon Heavy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,875 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beeker wrote: »
    It's been a long time coming but the maiden launch of Falcon heavy should be in January from Pad 39A. Now it looks like the payload will be a Telsa Roadster car. :)
    https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/02/spacex-will-try-to-launch-elon-musks-tesla-roadster-on-new-heavy-lift-rocket/

Pad39A the Saturn V old stomping ground many moons ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pad39A the Saturn V old stomping ground many moons ago.

The very one, Shuttle as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,875 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beeker wrote: »
    The very one, Shuttle as well :)

Yeah that's true. I've soured on the shuttle recently but yes it was launched from there. Many historic space flight memories from that piece of ground some good and some not so good.

Anyway I digress. What are the chances of this being a disaster ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah that's true. I've soured on the shuttle recently but yes it was launched from there. Many historic space flight memories from that piece of ground some good and some not so good.

Anyway I digress. What are the chances of this being a disaster ?

Very historic and great memories for me. I watched 2 shuttle flights leave from there.
    There's always a chance a launch will fail and this one is no different maybe even more so because it is an untried vehicle. Musk himself has said theres a chance it will fail. This is a test flight after all but hopefully it will work.

Advertisement