Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Morzadec wrote: »
    Solid move imo, although if feasible could it be Silva you cut instead of Sane (or even go cheaper on your 3rd striker, like Quaner, to facilitate)? If not I would still say go for it.

Christy looks fairly nailed on now. DLC should be first choice given recent form, but could see Niasse playing his way in or some rotation. Everton fans are very unsure.

I think you've got enough options between your decent defence and RLC to go super cheap on your third striker

Thanks! Just 0.1 short of being able to swap Silva unfortunately or otherwise I would be going for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sterling, Zaha and Niasse
    to
    Coutinho, Loftus-Cheek and Austin

Worth a - 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

£9.6m left for an attacker.

Firmino or Vardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

-4 Alonso and sterling to femenia and hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    £9.6m left for an attacker.

Firmino or Vardy?

Was tempted by benteke myself . 4 nice fixtures and shouldn't be rotated went down a different route to get hazard in by selling Alonso. Was going to do morota to benteke.

• Advertisement

Was tempted by benteke myself . 4 nice fixtures and shouldn't be rotated went down a different route to get hazard in by selling Alonso. Was going to do morota to benteke.
    Can't go another route than downgrading Morata to getting Hazard in. Already have Zaha so feel like double Palace would be overkill.
    Firmino's on fire but he's inconsistent and will prob get rotated at some stage. Vardy's less chances of rotation but is less explosive for a team scoring less goals... This conundrum will end in a coin toss :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Tough one. Looks kinda like a sideways move on paper but if sterling is rested then it's worth it. Unfortunately there's a risk Coutinho could be rested. His form is great but that didn't stop Klopp benching Salah in that midweek game (Gw13 was it?).

I brought Coutinho in as part of a - 4 myself (slightly justified because that Incl getting rid of Pogba)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

With his rate of transfers out I think I'm one of a select few to still have Sane but I really have no desire to sell him so going to bank transfer I think as relatively happy with team.

I want rid of fabianski in goal but he has a decent fixture this week so I'll bank transfer and if I've no other pressing matters next gw I'll get rid of him.

Callum Wilson possibly on chopping block too but very unsure how I'd replace him in that price range so I'll leave him for now.

Can't go another route than downgrading Morata to getting Hazard in. Already have Zaha so feel like double Palace would be overkill.
    Firmino's on fire but he's inconsistent and will prob get rotated at some stage. Vardy's less chances of rotation but is less explosive for a team scoring less goals... This conundrum will end in a coin toss :P.
    Gone with Firmino in the end. Next 3 are really appealing. Will reassess then (hopefully not before :p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gone with Firmino in the end. Next 3 are really appealing. Will reassess then (hopefully not before :p).

Getting Firmino in myself, Paul Joyce tweeted:

"When Salah, Mane, Coutinho and Firmino are on the pitch together, one of them scores every 23 minutes."

Can't afford Cout so a double up of Salah & Bobby it is

DQc1YovVAAA6mEi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Sitting in the top 1000, have 2 FTs and the only change I'm considering is to my sub goalie

I'm worried about being this smug, a big fall is coming my way I suspect!

Kane v Hazard captaincy choice wrecking my head though

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Went Pogba and Sane to Hazard and Ritchie. Now who to captain Hazard/Salah/Kane? Leaning towards Salah as I think a lot got rid of Kane so just having him could be differential enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Benching sane this week

Midfield 3 of RLC (playing bournemouth) , salah and Ramsey.

Back 4 are Watford, Newcastle and Leicester defenders....

Am I underestimating sane against unite ? Just think Jose will park the bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think the United bus is useless without its driver Mr. Jones at 100% fitness. (Well what ever constitutes 100% for him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    I think the United bus is useless without its driver Mr. Jones at 100% fitness. (Well what ever constitutes 100% for him).

He will be playing
    United will be playing 3\5 at the back as well
    Won't be many goals in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    He will be playing
    United will be playing 3\5 at the back as well
    Won't be many goals in this game

All City need is one then it's on. I'd like to think they're too strong attackingly even for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Islander13 wrote:
    Sitting in the top 1000, have 2 FTs and the only change I'm considering is to my sub goalie
    Islander13 wrote:
    I'm worried about being this smug, a big fall is coming my way I suspect!
    Islander13 wrote:
    Kane v Hazard captaincy choice wrecking my head though

What's the rest of your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Got rid of Otamendi for Femenia at Watford. Think City have looked quite suspect at the back since they lost Stones, and he's not due back until after Christmas so happy with the mood. Can't bank on Otamendi to get a goal every week to make up for a clean sheet. Might not look great this weekend as think City v United as scoreless draw all over it, but Watford fixtures are very nice over next 6-10 games.

Don't have Hazard which is annoying me. Have KDB who I could move on and get Hazard in, but I also have Wilson up top who I need to move on as well. Not sure how pivotal Hazard is (Have Alonso & Morata). Tempted to take the hit and get Hazard in for KDB this weekend and look to move Morata on next week (think both is overkill)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Lukaku to Morata, like I should have done fcuking ages ago.

Will wait one more week for Martial I think, although I may well bring him in for a hit yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unless Moyes has a 'major change of Hart' the BBC say that goalkeeper Adrian will start against Chelsea in the early kick-off tomorrow. #WHUFC #MCFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think I need to dump one of my City players, which doesn't fill me with joy to be honest.

I have 2FTs but nothing in the bank. Robbie Brady is injured and Callum Wilson is 2 points waiting to happen. Replacing both doesn't give me enough cash to really upgrade either player, so thinking of holding Wilson for this week (probably go DCL next week if he starts the derby)

That leaves me with the option going Otamendi and Brady to any defender of 4.7 or under and Richarlison OR Sane and Brady to Ramsey and Richarlison.

I also have Ben Davies but he will start this weekend and I think he could do better than Otamendi.

Its weeks like this I wish we could keep a 3rd FT, so I could dump Davies, Brady and Wilson midweek!

Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Benimar wrote: »
    I think I need to dump one of my City players, which doesn't fill me with joy to be honest.

I have 2FTs but nothing in the bank. Robbie Brady is injured and Callum Wilson is 2 points waiting to happen. Replacing both doesn't give me enough cash to really upgrade either player, so thinking of holding Wilson for this week (probably go DCL next week if he starts the derby)

That leaves me with the option going Otamendi and Brady to any defender of 4.7 or under and Richarlison OR Sane and Brady to Ramsey and Richarlison.

I also have Ben Davies but he will start this weekend and I think he could do better than Otamendi.

Its weeks like this I wish we could keep a 3rd FT, so I could dump Davies, Brady and Wilson midweek!

Decisions, decisions!

I'd keep Otamendi over Sane.
    Ramsey is on good form and probably more nailed to keep his place than Sane.
    Richarlison is a fun player to own.

Dilva and Moreno have to go.

Still torn between Coutinho/Mariappa

Or Mahrez/Simpson

Leicester could tank a poor Newcastle team but in the long run a Salah/Coutinho double up would be exciting! 4 nice home games coming up.

Anybody think Coutinho plays the majority of those games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Gonna do Morento to Kiko

What's the story with David Silva?? When is Pep's presser or has he already said something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dilva and Moreno have to go.

Still torn between Coutinho/Mariappa

Or Mahrez/Simpson

Leicester could tank a poor Newcastle team but in the long run a Salah/Coutinho double up would be exciting! 4 nice home games coming up.

Anybody think Coutinho plays the majority of those games?

He'll probably start all but one of them. Easily capable of doing damage from the bench in the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone thinking Robertson for moreno? Will Robertson definitely start now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

eh i dunno wrote: »

I think he will start but you can never rule out Milner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Milner is probably more likely. I’m considering a very boring Cedric to Klavan downgrade, pending Matip news.

What's their back 4 likely to be?
    Klavan only 4.3 but hasn't been starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

What's their back 4 likely to be?
    Klavan only 4.3 but hasn't been starting?

He started on Wednesday. Missed the two previous league games with injury.

With Matip out hes pretty much nailed on as Gomez is needed at RB.

My guess is the back 4 will be Gomez-Lovren-Klavan-Milner. Robertson might play but as its the derby, I think he will go with Milner and start Robertson against WBA.

Advertisement