Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 Transfers

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Coutinho does this all the time
    In fact he did it not so long ago ........
    Sucks people in......blank.....injury

And then off to Spain

Hello

@DeadlineDayLive: Philippe Coutinho has refused to rule out a move to Barcelona in the January transfer window. (Source: SkySports) https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/939140260377763840/photo/1

@BenDinnery: No sign of Coutinho either. #LFC

Big Gulp. Deep Breath. No. Need. To. Panic.

#FPLnightmare https://twitter.com/JackSear/status/939138736016814081

And goodbye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

^^^ That throws a spanner in the works. One of the moves I was considering this week was Silva to Coutinho, in order to mitigate against Klopp resting one of his fab four. Back to the drawing board I go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Transfers done:
    TPT & Jesus OUT
    Hazard & DCL IN.
    For free.

Going to captain Kane, Haz vice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Im gonna keep Salah, if he is injured..he is injured. Just have to take my chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

All this will they won't they I'm just going with it and whoever doesn't play doesn't play. 2 free transfers used.

Silva to Ramsey
    Brady to Townsend.

Always wanted to take part in the experience ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Am having very little enjoyment in FPL this year so made 3 transfers to try reignite my season

Had done Sane to Hazard earlier in the week (should have waited a bit longer)
    Did Jesus to Vardy and Gross to Ramsey for a minus 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

041277331b75c4f9baa6a625200766f0.png

Sanchez and Niasse out i'm thinking.

Have exactly enough to get Trippeir and Murray... Could I do better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m gonna say definitely. Trippier would be a nightmare to own over the Christmas period when you’ve already enough worries with rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fab and moreno out. De gea and sakho in. Will get get Richardson in next week for chuopo or gross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭redarmy

Merseyside derby could be POSTPONED over predicted heavy snow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

redarmy wrote: »
    I've been keeping a close eye on the weather and it's unlikely anything will be cancelled. Will wait for news tomorrow before making transfers just in case.

7 years since any game was postponed for snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I've been keeping a close eye on the weather and it's unlikely anything will be cancelled. Will wait for news tomorrow before making transfers just in case.

Might be wise but there'll be no decision made before deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

Top of my leagues and not wanting to make a rash call on a big name I've gone for strengthening my subs for fear of rotation over next few weeks. left me with 1.3m in the bank
    Made transfer on the phone, fat fingers brought in Kabasale for Watford but meant to bring Kiko Feminia. Should hopefully still get away with it albeit minus the same attacking threat. At least one player in squad from current top 9 and 3 strong bench options. (D Silva, Wilson, Ward all on bench for this GW)

redarmy wrote: »

Had you made transfers before knowing this ?

If not, will it impact your transfers or starting 11 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A boring one - Niasse -> Calvert-Lewin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Paully D wrote: »
    A boring one - Niasse -> Calvert-Lewin.

i would of held out on that one personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

It looks a bit like you stretched your team to get some of the bigger hitters in, squad looks poorly set up for crazy xmas period where I think you need at least 14 playing players
    Sanchez and Rosenior to say Sakho and Jones at least gives you a solid back 4- and 5 playing options in def

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

siblers wrote: »
    Am having very little enjoyment in FPL this year so made 3 transfers to try reignite my season

Had done Sane to Hazard earlier in the week (should have waited a bit longer)
    Did Jesus to Vardy and Gross to Ramsey for a minus 8.

It's tough for most.
    There is nearly 200pts between 1st and 100k: there is about 80pts between 100k and 1M. Early days. Like the revamp. I've Jesus from the start and need him to match Kane.
    Benimar wrote: »
    He started on Wednesday. Missed the two previous league games with injury.

With Matip out hes pretty much nailed on as Gomez is needed at RB.

My guess is the back 4 will be Gomez-Lovren-Klavan-Milner. Robertson might play but as its the derby, I think he will go with Milner and start Robertson against WBA.

We have 7 GWs in three weeks for Milner to continue as an OOP defender vying for starts in midfield. :pac: I'm getting Robertson with my FT for Moreno.

Now to hit in Coutinho or not...

ElTel wrote: »
    It's tough for most.
    There is nearly 200pts between 1st and 100k: there is about 80pts between 100k and 1M. Early days. Like the revamp. I've Jesus from the start and need him to match Kane.

We have 7 GWs in three weeks for Milner to continue as an OOP defender vying for starts in midfield. :pac: I'm getting Robertson with my FT for Moreno.

Now to hit in Coutinho or not...
    Don't .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Was all set for
    Shaqiri/Niasse/Monreal to Firmino/RLC/Marriappa
    No thinking

Kun/Niasse/Elliot to Morata/Austin/Speroni depending on depending on weather or weather or not Morata starts.
    Fingers at the ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

patmac wrote: »
    Was all set for
    Shaqiri/Niasse/Monreal to Firmino/RLC/Marriappa
    No thinking

Kun/Niasse/Elliot to Morata/Austin/Speroni depending on depending on weather or weather or not Morata starts.
    Fingers at the ready!

Wouldn't be a fan of the first option. Shaqiri is on fire and you don't know yet if Big Sam fancies Niasse or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Wouldn't be a fan of the first option. Shaqiri is on fire and you don't know yet if Big Sam fancies Niasse or not.

I’ve always had Sam down as a bit of a Niasse man:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Went with it anyway plan is to dump Yedlin/Gross next week and get back Shaqiri and another 4.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Morzadec wrote: »
    Thoughts on Palace defenders?

I have Dann (4.7). I'm thinking of banking my transfer this week in the hope he plays. Hodgson said Tomkins was just a decision to combat Brighton's style. Tomkins then got injured and Kelly stepped in in the last match. So it seems all up for grabs and I think there's a chance Dann comes back in.

Otherwise the nailed on options seem to be Schlupp (4.7), Ward (4.8) and Sakho (4.9). Seems like Sakho is a bps magnet if they keep a cleany and is close to rising, so Dann out for Sakho seems logical. The extra .1 or .2 might be useful in squeezing in Jones or Smalling later however (have 1.0 itb and a couple of 4.4 defs)

If I take the risk on Dann and he doesn't play then I have Yedlin (Leicester home) or Francis (Palace away) to call upon.

Worth this transfer or would you bank?

Very glad I didn't do this and stuck with young Scotty, the absolute legend

Advertisement