Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Vs Manchester United : BT Sports and others @ 17:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't know how DDG managed to keep that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

What a bizarre match this has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

This has been the most entertaining match I have seen in years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

What a half

We're really lucky to not have conceded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Don't know how DDG managed to keep that out.

he's a class act..... Utd's best player for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Arsenal very unlucky to be 2-0 at this stage.

Theyve dominated the 1st half but made school boy errors.

Great game though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Utd are really haging on at the moment. Half time cant come quick enough.

Not really Arsenal look shaky at the back & need 800 chances to score.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

You have to imagine Zlatan comes back in for important games. Lukaku has done nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Fuuuuuck Jesse. The right pass and it was three.

Half of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

United are the best team in the league on the counter, they'll score plenty more the way this game is shaping up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thought Ramsey should of been booked there for that cynical foul on Pogba when United were starting a counter attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Seems strange to say being 2 up at Emirates but United need to improve a lot second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Weird game. United 2-0 up but they've been battered for the past 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Blessed to still be 2 goals up. So much messing about in our own box. Clearances need to improve.

Anytime we break we cause a problem for Arsenal so just need to be clinical.

United could easily have another few on the break but haven't been clinical after the goals. Arsenal unlucky I guess not to have scored one of the chances, but that's what happens when you have the best keeper in the world. Nothing lucky about having a brilliant player like DeGea.

eagle eye wrote: »
    United are the best team in the league on the counter, they'll score plenty more the way this game is shaping up now.

I'd give pool the edge in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Are they city and Liverpool are much better for two. I thought they have been quiet poor on the counter in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jayop wrote: »
    United could easily have another few on the break but haven't been clinical after the goals. Arsenal unlucky I guess not to have scored one of the chances, but that's what happens when you have the best keeper in the world. Nothing lucky about having a brilliant player like DeGea.

He's made 1 good save. He's hardly been the difference today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Jesus lads I've seen Under 10s defend better than this. Lovely flick by Martial for the second though.
    Haha that was comical defending

Lovely link up play . Well done Lingard
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Arsenal are so sh*t.

:pac:

Waat were the doing at the back, if you done that down the park Sunday morning youd be whipped off.
    Arsenal are so poor at the back...

Arsenal had 3 clean sheets in a row before this game, United tore them apart. Give them credit.

Pogba a passenger in the middle of the field. He really needs to get some control in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Quazzie wrote: »

1 world class save, also he saved a shot onto the bar was a brilliant save but everyone just ignored it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

They're really not, a good counter attacking team would be 5 or 6 up against that shambles of a defence Arsenal have today.

incorrect....

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goal_fastbreak

Nice, if blatant, try but I'm not a fan of either team so I don't care about your opinion on the matter.

Neither am I, give credit where it's due wherever your allegiances lie.

• Advertisement

Nice, very blatant, try but I'm not a fan of either team so I don't care about your opinion on the matter.

Bit harsh.

Ah stop. He's made one worldie save and a few other very good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

In fact I'd say he hasn't commanded his 6 yard box well enough at all today and has contributed to some of United's defensive issue. The major problem is the 3 at the back though. Looked ropey against Chelsea and looks ropey here.

Lampard is such a sound lad. One of the better analysts I think.

Ah stop. He's made one worldie save and a few other very good ones.

1 worldie, and the rest are standard saves. I'm not saying he's had a bad game, or that he hasn't contributed to his side, but with the exception of the one save from his own player, he has done what most keepers in the league would do, and no better. I don't think he's been the difference today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know what the hell that stat means mada999, but United have a lot more goals than that on the counter.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Pogba a passenger in the middle of the field. He really needs to get some control in this game.

This is a load of bollocks. Been one of the only people relieving pressure for United with some great runs forward.

I'd lol at you but we both know what your up to :pac:

1 worldie, and the rest are standard saves. I'm not saying he's had a bad game, or that he hasn't contributed to his side, but with the exception of the one save from his own player, he has done what most keepers in the league would do, and no better. I don't think he's been the difference today

You can't say apart from a worldie that had he not saved we'd have conceded that he's not been ah the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He's made two quality saves that should have went in, so he's been absolutely the difference if not for his Arsenal score 2 goals

Good effort

irishman86 wrote: »
    I'd lol at you but we both know what your up to :pac:

Niallo is just honest lad, shur he's only a simple neutral.

You can't say apart from a worldie that had he not saved we'd have conceded that he's not been ah the difference.

Take the worldie out of it, United are still winning. The two players who scored have had just as much a positive impact for United.

Next goal will be crucial in this

Niallo is just honest lad, shur he's only a simple neutral.

And there i was thinking he was the least neutral poster about United on the forum :o
    Morto

• Advertisement

Take the worldie out of it, United are still winning. The two players who scored have had just as much a positive impact for United.

My original post was in regards to arsenal not scoring. Obviously our motm has been Lingard.

I don't know what the hell that stat means mada999, but United have a lot more goals than that on the counter.

scroll down the page under the attack column it'll show you the link to "Goals from Counter Attack"..when you click on that you will get to the page below

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goal_fastbreak

does look a bit dodgy...may not have been updated

Get in you beaut. Ramsey nearly Fúcked that right up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

THat was coming, since the 2nd minute ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shocking defending.

Wtf happened there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats a great goal.

Well done ramsey. :o

Too easy, game on.

What a pass by Rambo

• Advertisement