Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Vs Manchester United : BT Sports and others @ 17:30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That was a great game best one I've seen this season. Arsenal will be kicking themselves they didn't win . DDG is surely the best keeper in the world at this stage. I thought pogbas red was harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liam O wrote: »
    And if Lionel Messi was was playing for United they'd still have won. So what?

Salty. Also makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Just back from the pub. Utd deserved to win the game based on the two gifted goals by Koscielny and Mustafi. The two should hang their head in shame after that. Can’t give away two goals to a top team and expect to get anything out of it. Renders the rest of the performance void after that.

City will walk this league, they won’t be as generous as Arsenal were in the first ten mins. Top 4 battle for Arsenal this season, how exciting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Neutrals managing to be more classless than any players actions this evening.

Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

ez, stay salty neutrals :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arsenal the better team overall.
    Utd fans won't give a shít, and nor should they. Brilliantly clinical with Arsenal's gifts.
    DDG is the best in the world.
    Phenomenal game of football.
    City will still walk the league.

Not much else to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Quazzie wrote: »
    I bet you, you'd let Pogba fúck your missus!

Thats well a well thought out post as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

niallo27 wrote: »
    Hopefully arsenal can score first to prevent Jose from draining the life out of football for 90 minutes.

To quote Gladiator, "Are you not entertained?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just back from the pub. Utd deserved to win the game based on the two gifted goals by Koscielny and Mustafi. The two should hang their head in shame after that. Can’t give away two goals to a top team and expect to get anything out of it. Renders the rest of the performance void after that.

City will walk this league, they won’t be as generous as Arsenal were in the first ten mins. Top 4 battle for Arsenal this season, how exciting :rolleyes:

Your being harsh on Arsenal there. 15 shots on target (at least four great saves from DDG) and two penalty shouts turned down (the first was definitely a pen). You could have easily had a draw today at the least.

Toobz wrote: »
    Neutrals managing to be more classless than any players actions this evening.

Nice one

Well i'm a neutral, i'm just well not ignorant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your being harsh on Arsenal there. 15 shots on target (at least four great saves from DDG) and two penalty shouts turned down (the first was definitely a pen). You could have easily had a draw today at the least.

Conceded three had another off the post and the rebound blocked. Should have had a red before either penalty incident as well.

Arsenal played well but he's right. The start from their pov was shocking and cost them the game.

Yeah it was a very good performance by Arsenal overall, but for the two mistakes by Koscielny and Mustafi. I take no positives from the game, as at that level you can’t gift two goals and expect anything. On another day they may have grabbed something, but can’t have any complaints about the result.

It was an embarrassing start to the game and I have seen this from Arsenal before countless times over they years. It’s hugely frustrating as they are more than a match for Utd, but individual errors cost the team yet again. They don’t learn from their mistakes and don’t see it changing for another 18 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jayop wrote: »
    Conceded three had another off the post and the rebound blocked. Should have had a red before either penalty incident as well.

Arsenal played well but he's right. The start from their pov was shocking and cost them the game.

Kos got a yellow correctly, Bellerin was on the cover and would have covered the space so no red.

Two howlers from the defence giving the ball away needlessly (second was good pressing from Lingard though) put them up against it. Arsenal were very good after that though and United looked very nervy at parts when Arsenal attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Yeah it was a very good performance by Arsenal overall, but for the two mistakes by Koscielny and Mustafi. I take no positives from the game, as at that level you can’t gift two goals and expect anything. On another day they may have grabbed something, but can’t have any complaints about the result.

It was an embarrassing start to the game and I have seen this from Arsenal before countless times over they years. It’s hugely frustrating as they are more than a match for Utd, but individual errors cost the team yet again. They don’t learn from their mistakes and don’t see it changing for another 18 months or so.

More than a match??? There could not be a wider gap in football terms. It's ****ing grand canyon stuff.
    Arsenal bottled it early on, all this talk about 12 straight wins at emirates and it was blown to smithereens inside 5 mins of football. Sure Arsenal then "took the game to United" but it was like a team that defends for 85 mins, concedes and then has a go. Embarrassing stuff - Mustafi sums it up perfectly for me - hurt his pride after gifting a goal and quits on his team mates. Didn't even have the bottle to break up Pogba after he gave him the ball. Gutless. Hobbled off pretending to be injured.

Fascinating game in so many aspects. De Gea getting plaudits for making routine saves ( even the one from Lukaku was easy save) and then goes and makes some actual world class saves! Thought Pogba bullied a few players at times, i'm not a believer in him yet but he dismantled Kos for the 3rd. If United manage to beat City next week it'll be a serious haul of points against the Top teams.

Kos got a yellow correctly, Bellerin was on the cover and would have covered the space so no red.

Two howlers from the defence giving the ball away needlessly (second was good pressing from Lingard though) put them up against it. Arsenal were very good after that though and United looked very nervy at parts when Arsenal attacked.

Sorry but that about Kos is pure rubbish. Had he been sent off you'd have had the ref on bt sports saying it was absolutely the correct decision. Lukaku was well ahead of bellerin and was clean through on goal. Stonewall red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Who is iwobi keeping out of this arsenal team?

No one

He was subbed on for Mustafi
    Oh right. Well I don’t think he even deserves a place on the bench given the calibre of Arsenal’s attacking players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SlickRic wrote: »
    Arsenal the better team overall.

Disagree. They had more chances and more of the ball, but their defending was rubbish at times and knocks the rating down of their team by style

Arsenal were the better attacking team, but massive individual errors cost Arsenal in defence.

That "overall" means for me they were poorer than United tonight

More than a match??? There could not be a wider gap in football terms. It's ****ing grand canyon stuff.

Ah come on man, I admitted that Utd deserved to win the game as they took the chances that were given to them.
    But those opening two sentences couldn’t be any more wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Apparently De Gea made the most saves in any premier league game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I still think Matic is more important player to Utd than Pogba. Utd can replace a player like pogba easier than a matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I thought pogbas red was harsh.
    If he was ‘getting back’ at bellerin for the tackle in young he deserves it for stupidity imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I still think Matic is more important player to Utd than Pogba. Utd can replace a player like pogba easier than a matic.

Uniteds poorest form coincided exactly with the period Pogba was out injured.

Perhaps the players actually thought it was Matic who was injured and played as if he was missing?

Now to kick back and read the thread with some tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Can't agree with that. Pogba is very tough to replace while Matic possible could be

Drumpot wrote: »
    Uniteds poorest form coincided exactly with the period Pogba was out injured.

Perhaps the players actually thought it was Matic who was injured and played as if he was missing?

Just my opinion. I think he is fantastic player. The form wasn't that bad if they are 2nd in the league.

• Advertisement

Just not true.

Utd are an entirely different animal with Pogba. They're a very good, functional, effective team without him. But with him, there's an added dimension entirely. Creativity, power and pace in CM. There's not many at all like him.

Pogba is Utd's most important player, closely followed by DDG and Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Turtwig wrote: »
    Pogba missing for derby could be a blessing for united.

Love to know how you figure that out.

Scrap the cap!

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Apparently De Gea made the most saves in any premier league game ever.

Surely he couldnt have beaten Mignolet in his sunderland seasons :eek:

Love to know how you figure that out.

Maybe he meant to say City, only way that comment makes sense at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://archive.org/details/BPZONEEpisode5

Check out my post match podcast lads :( sickener of a result

• Advertisement

Watching the Pogba tackle a few times. He looked at him for a few seconds before diving in. How people can say it was accidental is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching the Pogba tackle a few times. He looked at him for a few seconds before diving in. How people can say it was accidental is beyond me.

Could have killed him.

What a huge surprise.

It's the little wins I suppose niallo :P

No malice in it all tbh. He's getting his ban anyway but you don't think he's vital to Utd so that shouldn't bother you anyway.

Reading through the thread has been a hoot.

Some also going out of their way to start calling Pogba a Scumbag is a kind of pathetic attempt at just having a go at a player / team they don't like.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's the little wins I suppose niallo :P

No malice in it all tbh. He's getting his ban anyway but you don't think he's vital to Utd so that shouldn't bother you anyway.

Reading through the thread has been a hoot.

Some also going out of their way to start calling Pogba a Scumbag is a kind of pathetic attempt at just having a go at a player / team they don't like.

If there was no malice then he just an idiot for jumping in like that. If he had eyes on the ball I would agree with you he was clearly looking at bellerin before jumping in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just seen Pogba decision on motd, not sure it's even a free kick, went with outside of boot to flick the ball, flicked the ball, only clashed with Ballerin because of the stupidly weird way he tried to block the ball

If there was no malice then he just an idiot for jumping in like that. If he had eyes on the ball I would agree with you he was clearly looking at bellerin before jumping in.

You are hilarious buddy
    Ill be honest im not impartial at all when it comes to Pogba, french connection
    But yo are so biased about United its beyond hilarious

Nah, nothing in it. I think your trying to grasp the straws. You ultimately hate Utd and want to find something to tickle us with :P

It was the correct decision but nothing malicious in it.
    Huge blow for the Derby game next week. That's what is annoying me about it. We will be missing our best player.

irishman86 wrote: »
    You are hilarious buddy
    Ill be honest im not impartial at all when it comes to Pogba, french connection
    But yo are so biased about United its beyond hilarious

You have quoted 78 posts of mine in the 2 last two months. I wouldn't be surprised to see you hiding in my garden soon.

You have quoted 78 posts of mine in the 2 last two months. I wouldn't be surprised to see you hiding in my garden soon.

Off those 78 posts im sure most of them were asking about your obsession with United as i find it strange :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

All that says is you probably post in a lot of united threads.

limnam wrote: »
    All that says is you probably post in a lot of united threads.

I love you guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

theteal wrote: »
    Just seen Pogba decision on motd, not sure it's even a free kick, went with outside of boot to flick the ball, flicked the ball, only clashed with Ballerin because of the stupidly weird way he tried to block the ball

kY6YzY_9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Good, good. Let the hate flow through you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

The defence of the performance yesterday tells you all you need to know. If they think the only reason Arsenal peppered their goal is because they scored two goals early on, they will learn a harsh lesson next weekend. United are there for the taking against a side not so wasteful and vulnerable as Arsenal eg Manchester City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Pogba’s turning of Koscielny inside out with his trickery was sublime. He is definitely one of the most skilful players in the league.

De Gea’s reflexes were awesome. He saved United from a very different fate.

Sanchez showed how selfish and lack of awareness he has with the amount of times he lost possession.

Arsenal deserved at least 1 penalty and I have no doubt that the red card decision was correct.

Very entertaining game.

I’d take a few quid of city or PSG for Sanchez and buy a more team orientated player.

Just saw the double save by DDG from Lacazette and Sanchez again.

Good grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Maybe it seemed like a few seconds to you while your brain ticked over. Could it be that ?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Maybe it seemed like a few seconds to you while your brain ticked over. Could it be that ?

Maybe he definetly looked in front of him before he made the tackle. Would you agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Maybe he definetly looked in front of him before he made the tackle. Would you agree.

My point is that the quote below is a lot of bollocks that means you either cant tell time, are a liar or a wind up merchant.

He looked at him for a few seconds before diving in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement