Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Home Hub 3 IPv4/6 port forward

• 02-12-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m trying to run a small web server apache Linux at home so I can host my CV and some things like that.

Normally when I had Eir I Just poet forwarded 80 to the IP addy of the raspberry pi.

However it seems Virgin runs a dual stack v4/v6.

Also it seems that only v6 “port filtering” is available. Which is weird as I thought poet forwarding wasn’t even a concept in v6.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can possibly allow my raspberry pi (which has both a v4 and v6 public address) to respond to port 80 requests from the public internet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

johnwoods wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m trying to run a small web server apache Linux at home so I can host my CV and some things like that.

Normally when I had Eir I Just poet forwarded 80 to the IP addy of the raspberry pi.

However it seems Virgin runs a dual stack v4/v6.

Also it seems that only v6 “port filtering” is available. Which is weird as I thought poet forwarding wasn’t even a concept in v6.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can possibly allow my raspberry pi (which has both a v4 and v6 public address) to respond to port 80 requests from the public internet?

You will need to ask VM to disable DSLITE on your account and move you onto an IPv4 address before you can use port forwarding

Don't mention that you want to run a webserver as its against their T&C

Advertisement