Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Development groups/projects for elderly

Options
  • 02-12-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭

I have an assignment due this week which is basically to create a profile on a community development group. I had planned to do one and was half way through when I realised that the group I had chosen was unsuitable as it didn't meet the criteria.

Basically the definition of the group is one where the people receiving the service are the people organising and delivering the service.

I am particularly interested in groups which are focused on for the elderly, preferably in the west side of the city/county.

Can anyone suggest a group or project around the city that I can focus on?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Maybe ALONE could help?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Maybe ALONE could help?.

Ya that's my plan if i cant find anything by monday. Any google searches i do just direct me to larger umbrella bodies rather than specific groups unfortuanetly

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Active Retirement?

University of the 3rd Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Active Retirement?

University of the 3rd Age?

This could be perfect. will get on to them first thing Monday. Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Check the Westside resource centre Facebook - they have several groups based there so there might be something suitable. There are definitely craft/knitting groups and a community garden linked there and at Westside library.

• Advertisement
Advertisement