Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried I might fail

• 02-12-2017 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

So exams are in less than two weeks, and in all honesty, I think I might fail one of my modules. I'm taking foundation of Political Theory and International Relations (INRL10010) this semester, and I'm worried I may fail the Political theory part of the exam. I'm finding it impossible to study for the exam, and I feel as though I'm not really grasping the concept properly. Does anyone have any advice/study tips on how to get through it?? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

So exams are in less than two weeks, and in all honesty, I think I might fail one of my modules. I'm taking foundation of Political Theory and International Relations (INRL10010) this semester, and I'm worried I may fail the Political theory part of the exam. I'm finding it impossible to study for the exam, and I feel as though I'm not really grasping the concept properly. Does anyone have any advice/study tips on how to get through it?? :(

I was going to take a look at the past papers for that module on SIS, but they aren't available, so it's hard to guess from a distance what's important. It's also a weird module that spans both semesters, which is pretty unusual in arts. Were... the tutors any use?

Surely you must have been given some impression of what topics/people are important within the module? The lecturer/s would typically highlight these in lectures, and then base exam questions off of such. Is it that you know what topics are important in the module, but you don't understand them/know how to approach them from an exam pov? Without more information it's hard to help.

For some modules (some exam seasons) it can be very difficult to work up the enthusiasm to study for them... particularly if you aren't sure if the work you're doing is useful to that end. Sometimes anything is better than nothing though, and there are few worse feelings than being in an exam hall surrounded by thousands of people, not having anything else to write after a depressingly short amount of time (it's happened to me). Think about how much better you'd feel with an arsenal of things to write about going into the exam. Even if you aren't sure these things are exactly what are being looked for by the mod coordinator, it's infinitely better than going in with your dick in your hands.

Advertisement