Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living out of the central isle in Aldi and Lidl

• 02-12-2017 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Okay who does this, I'm not the only one! :)

I hardly ever bother 'going into town'/DIY Superstore to buy say an extension lead, gloves, rope, trolley, industrial grade tape or indeed so much else these days. Wait a while and almost everything you might need will turn up in the bargain packed isles of clutter.

My last foray was pillows/covers, work trousers, 100% cotton shirt, ski-holiday styled jumper (hey it's for Christmas day!) all in Aldi. The trousers have as many pockets as the euros it cost to buy (about 11) the shirt is excellent and cost a fiver and so on. I nearly lashed out on a 70 euro microwave a few weeks ago but stopped myself as there are limits to culinary laziness.

While I could feel guilty about the product of Bangladesh tag on one item the truth is the same stuff at three times the price for a different outlet is being made in the same factories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I'm partial to an Aldi bargain myself. Their workwear stuff is decent. Got myself one of those heavy jackets with high-viz sleeve strips a couple of winters ago and it's still going strong. You could wear it going up Everest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

gloves, rope, trolley, industrial grade tape

I too look forward greatly to kidnapper week in Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Archeron wrote: »
    I too look forward greatly to kidnapper week in Lidl

Don't forget the ball gag to keep noise to a minimum, and canvas boot liner to prevent "spills" onto the car's carpet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

You must end up with a whole load of sh1te that you don't need OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sounds like they've got a new BDSM section. About time, too...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I bought some airtight lunchboxes in Aldi a while back and honestly, they weren’t great. They warped quite quickly and once that happened were difficult to close. A false economy. Much better to shell out a bit more for a long-lasting make like Sistema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

imme wrote: »
    You must end up with a whole load of sh1te that you don't need OP

Nope, I don't buy on impulse. If I need it I buy it otherwise I can resist the lure of a three piece saucepan set, which could be just what someone else wanted this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Nope, I don't buy on impulse. If I need it I buy it otherwise I can resist the lure of a three piece saucepan set, which could be just what someone else wanted this week.
    but all those sprocket-pockets or what have you

and that auld rubbish that you see there all the time,

do they not have ya in a quandry, "do I need it/ do I want it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Am I the only one who doesn't know what the central isle in Aldi and Lidl means? Don't shop in Lidl or Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Advertisement
Advertisement