Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryebridge - kilcock

• 02-12-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

Does anyone know anything about the new houses being built in Ryebridge?

Whats the build quality like?

I cant find much about them online!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Radient wrote: »
    Hi All

Does anyone know anything about the new houses being built in Ryebridge?

Whats the build quality like?

I cant find much about them online!!
    If you like Pyrites you will love the Ryebridge!
    The new ones are called Riverside or Riverview and but for the Pyrites (which these shouldn't have) the build quality will probably be OK going by the actual quality in Ryebridge which is 'Meh'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭f@steddie

The quality in the older Ryebridge estate is very poor. No idea about the new builds.

There is pyrite legislation in place so there should be no possibility of pyrite in the new builds.

f@steddie wrote: »
    The quality in the older Ryebridge estate is very poor. No idea about the new builds.

There is pyrite legislation in place so there should be no possibility of pyrite in the new builds.

I expect the quality in the new one will be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭SQ2

I lived in the older part of Ryebridge about 10 years ago and is wasn't great, you could hear plenty of sounds you weren't interested in listening to from the neighbouring units. The parking was like a game of musical chairs near the duplexes, there were far more people playing than there were chairs available however!
    Friends have recently bought in the new section and the quality appears to be far superior. Nice gaffs.

SQ2 wrote: »
    I lived in the older part of Ryebridge about 10 years ago and is wasn't great, you could hear plenty of sounds you weren't interested in listening to from the neighbouring units. The parking was like a game of musical chairs near the duplexes, there were far more people playing than there were chairs available however!
    Friends have recently bought in the new section and the quality appears to be far superior. Nice gaffs.
    Anyone from this area would have to be a mug to buy on any Deegan related development. Ryebridge is riddled with Pyrites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭f@steddie

Anyone from this area would have to be a mug to buy on any Deegan related development. Ryebridge is riddled with Pyrites.

Pyrite is not related to build quality but to materials used. Most the of the pyrite has been removed from the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lived in a pyrite remedied house there. No issues. Some noise from next door but I’ve never lived in a semi that didn’t and it was way better than some places I’ve lived. BER decent and people in the estate largely nice. Now I was surrounded by homeowners, there did appear to be more rentals towards the duplexes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daveke

Hi has anyone moved into the new development at a the back of rye bridge the riverside, what's it like and what are merlon construction like to deal with

Daveke wrote: »
    Hi has anyone moved into the new development at a the back of rye bridge the riverside, what's it like and what are merlon construction like to deal with
    They are fine to deal with.
    The main development had very serious pyrites problems but my understanding is that these are all fixed.

The build quality in all homes is quite high (caveats about pyrites notwithstanding).

Get the snagging done properly and it might be worth (if possible) getting the electrics snagged by an electrician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Living in a new 3 bed semi in the Riverside. Build is good quality. Don't hear too much from the neighbours. Merlon were very easy to deal with when making any changes etc. Nothing Major came up on the snag. They are to come back and fill settling cracks (happen in every new house).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Daveke

I went to see the riverside today and I was left disappointed, They only have one half arsed showhouse with only flooring and a kitchen no furniture. They only have one showhouse of the 3 bed semi and no 4 bed showhouses which left little to be desired. Merlon were very nice and let me into one of the four beds which was basically a shell with walls and a stairs but it gave me a view of what it could be like. Compared to ledwill park the set up is very Celtic tigerish where riverside are expecting you to come to them without them putting in much effort. The houses are also much smaller compared to ledwill park which we are now thinking of buying from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

Ledwill Park is infinitely better in all aspects.
    I went to see the riverside today and I was left disappointed, They only have one half arsed showhouse with only flooring and a kitchen no furniture. They only have one showhouse of the 3 bed semi and no 4 bed showhouses which left little to be desired. Merlon were very nice and let me into one of the four beds which was basically a shell with walls and a stairs but it gave me a view of what it could be like. Compared to ledwill park the set up is very Celtic tigerish where riverside are expecting you to come to them without them putting in much effort. The houses are also much smaller compared to ledwill park which we are now thinking of buying from.

Advertisement