Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told I am covered for Fibre , but later told "No ports available" - just need to know

Options
  • 02-12-2017 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

[font=arial, sans-serif]  I am an existing customer, currently on mobile broadband (whole saled from Meteor).[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The service to my house is poor and does not meet my broadband needs at the moment - location issue.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]               [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                Last August eir sales people called to the door and told me Fiber would be there soon.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                1 month later the cables went up.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                However ever since I have been ringing to get connected and am being told there are no ports available on the network for my connection. I have rang at least 3 times inquiring on this.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                I need to know when this capacity problem will be resolved,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                I have repeatedly asked eir loyalty support on the phone, to be told they do not know when I can have the service, when any expansion in planned, or they don’t even know who to ask to get this info, or who to pass me on to.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                The level of support service here is very poor.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

[font=arial, sans-serif]  I am an existing customer, currently on mobile broadband (whole saled from Meteor).[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The service to my house is poor and does not meet my broadband needs at the moment - location issue.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                Last August eir sales people called to the door and told me Fiber would be there soon.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                1 month later the cables went up.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                However ever since I have been ringing to get connected and am being told there are no ports available on the network for my connection. I have rang at least 3 times inquiring on this.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                I need to know when this capacity problem will be resolved,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                I have repeatedly asked eir loyalty support on the phone, to be told they do not know when I can have the service, when any expansion in planned, or they don’t even know who to ask to get this info, or who to pass me on to.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]                The level of support service here is very poor.[/font]
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about your issue. I'm afraid that if no ports are available we'll have no way of determining when one will become available. This will only happen when/if a current fibre customer cancels their service.

Sorry I can't give you more information here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about your issue. I'm afraid that if no ports are available we'll have no way of determining when one will become available. This will only happen when/if a current fibre customer cancels their service.

- Adam
    So basically never. 
    Good response there from Eir. 
    My father has the same issue as the OP. Cabinet only couple of hundred yards from front door but no ports available in it. Its an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dave.don.dd

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam

Hi adam. Does that simply mean the service is completely used up in my area.if so i just need that confirmed . Or is there any expansion / further rollout planned. If not then why are the sales people telling me to wait.
    Dave

Advertisement