Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triggerhappy Closing of Threads

Options
  • 03-12-2017 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭

I have gotten very tired of threads just being shut down with little or no reason Last one I saw the Mod just went "we are done here folks" and that was that.

Then you have other threads which are news related. When that topic is back in the news 6 months or a year later you go search the thread with thousands of posts on the topic and BANG, all that valuable discussion on the topic has been shut down and thats the way it will stay. This kind of stuff really turns me off this site. I know Mods and Admins will say "why didnt you contact us?" but TBH this stuff shouldnt be happening in the first place. There are threads on here with much superb discussion which have got shut down for no apparent reason.

Unless a thread is running dangerously close to defamation or trolling can we ot just leave them open? Let the demand of the discussion determine what happens a thread, and whether it rises or falls. Shutting down discussion of any topic just means it is less likely that someone else with raise that topic again.

Unlike Reddit threads here make their way to the top and back down to the
    Boards.ie has bec
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In order to help me better understand your concern, can you provide me with some examples?

Threads get closed for multiple reasons, but unless I have a few cases to review, I can’t really respond to you

Advertisement