Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visit Santa - Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 03-12-2017 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Bringing our 4 year old, 2 year old and grandparents up to Dublin in 2 weeks to experience the buzz! Would like to visit Santa somewhere. Did a quick Google and I like the fact that we can book the Ilac Centre Santa but have heard Santa in Arnotts is very good also. Anyone have any experience of either or make recommendations?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

toby2111 wrote: »
    Bringing our 4 year old, 2 year old and grandparents up to Dublin in 2 weeks to experience the buzz! Would like to visit Santa somewhere. Did a quick Google and I like the fact that we can book the Ilac Centre Santa but have heard Santa in Arnotts is very good also. Anyone have any experience of either or make recommendations?

Ikea Santy is free, get free cuddly toy, €2 breakfast and free creche for the 4 year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Powerscourt beside Stephens Green SC looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Ikea Santy is free, get free cuddly toy, €2 breakfast and free creche for the 4 year old

Ah yes, nothing shows off the joy and wonder of Christmas to kids quite like a free toy from the IKEA store.
    It's almost like a Christmas miracle in the middle of Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

judeboy101 wrote: »

Thanks but we're getting the train up!
    Can Powerscourt Santa or Stephen's Green SC Santa be booked? Really don't fancy standing in queue for hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Thanks but we're getting the train up!
    Can Powerscourt Santa or Stephen's Green SC Santa be booked? Really don't fancy standing in queue for hours!!

Not sure about Powerscourt. With SGSC, you go early in the day and get s ticket and they tell you what time to come back at. So you don’t have to stand and queue.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Do you know how much it is?

Thanks. Do you know how much it is?

Not sure, although I did read about it somewhere online last week. I think around €15? We may pop in today as we live close by. If so, I’ll let you know how it was.

Not sure, although I did read about it somewhere online last week. I think around €15? We may pop in today as we live close by. If so, I’ll let you know how it was.

That would be great, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Arnotts Santa, you get a ticket with a time to come back at so no queuing.

He's the best.

Looks like a toss up between Arnotts and Stephens Green Santa so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Ah yes, nothing shows off the joy and wonder of Christmas to kids quite like a free toy from the IKEA store.
    It's almost like a Christmas miracle in the middle of Ballymun.

What a horrible comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We love the Stephens green Santa here. Never been to Anotts tho!

Defiintly avoid illac. We decided to do more of an 'experience' with it last year and it was woeful. We had to sit and wait in a crowded room for over an hour past our booked time. Kids were cranky as hell before it even started. Then by the time we got through all the little rooms , Santa had no clue who any of the kids were even tho we filled out the form. Really terrible experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

lazygal wrote: »
    What a horrible comment.

You think so?
    I would have said it was a silly answer to a stupid post. The op posted that they wanted to bring their kids and parents into the city centre to experience the buzz of Christmas in the city centre and to get their meeting with Santa in there.
    The post I replied to suggested bringing them to an oversized warehouse with zero ambience in an area with less than zero Christmas cheer to see a free Santa and get a two euro breakfast and a free crèche.
    My post was not helping the op but made a lot more sense than the post I replied to.

So we went yesterday and the Stephens Green Santa was brill. We went a t 1pm and were told to come back at 4, so I’d suggest going early. There’s about a 20 min queue again when you come back too.

He’s really really good though - worth the wait. Looks like the real thing and is super with kids - even I was convinced he was the real deal! The present was good too - my boy is only a baby but it was a good book for his age. And the photo we got was great. €15 all-in.

My only criticism is that there was a bit of a smell when you got in.... whether that’s off Santa himself I don’t know. I would go again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

Anyone been to the arnotts santa? I always went there as a kid have fond memories you always got a great present then came out to legoland! :D

Regards the santa in St Stephens green can you get a ticket a day in advance as I work in Dublin but live in kildare dont fancy hanging around for the day.. Plus my son is in drama school Sat mornings... Stressing out a bit...

Afaik, you can’t get tickets in advance for either arnotts or Stephens Green

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Defiintly avoid illac. We decided to do more of an 'experience' with it last year and it was woeful. We had to sit and wait in a crowded room for over an hour past our booked time. Kids were cranky as hell before it even started. Then by the time we got through all the little rooms , Santa had no clue who any of the kids were even tho we filled out the form. Really terrible experience!

Thats sounds horrible!! :eek:

Arnotts always got good word of mouth.
    How much is it though?

What are peoples ideas on the cost of a good Santa these days?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Brought my son to Ilac for Santa last year. You are guided through a few scenes with different Elf's/Helpers, which were setup as different parts of lap land, such as a Post Office, Workshop, Stables.

It would have been more enjoyable if he didn't throw a typical Toddler fit through the whole thing. have a picture in the bedroom of him looking grumpy next to Santa :P

Last year I just walked up and we were in. In fairness, the waiting room seemed nice enough with activities to do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You can get tickets for Arnotts Santa the morning of and he's free, no gift though. Take photos yourself.

Advertisement