Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Buds for TV

• 03-12-2017 9:36am

Some help if you would please.

I'm far from techie so pretty clueless what is out there to solve this.

My elderly father asked me last night if it was possible to get wireless ear buds for my mam for when she was watching tv.
    The problem is that when she is watching and he is reading the sound from the tv is coming across as "interference" for him. His own hearing is fading and unless he is focussed on tv/someone talking/music it becomes annoying background noise to him.
    The same happens when mam is watching something/listening to music on her tablet
    He still loves to read alot and would rather a book than tv....the opposite to mam.

Are there earbuds out there that would be wireless and that would be compatible with a 5yr old Samsung tv and Samsung Tab A?

I suggested that he get some type of ear plug but he wasn't having any of that.

Hopefully ye good techie folk can find a solution.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

To answer your tech question there are plenty of wireless earphones/headphones out there for use with a table or phone. Check our any electronics store. For the TV though you would have to get a additional bluetooth transmitter and connect it to the audio output of the TV that would then send the signal to the wireless headphones.

This can all be done but it's just not practical I'm afraid especially for your elderly parents cause those kinds of setups don't work seamlessly and I can't see her taking to it even if she was capable of switching the headphones from the tablet to the TV as and when required. And those things have to be constantly charged up like a mobile phone.

I think earplugs or either one of them moving to another room is the only answer unless anyone has any better ideas!

Advertisement