Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacOS update has crashed my MacBook Pro

• 03-12-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some help!

I went to install the latest OS on my MacBook (I held off doing so for a while). Unfortunately it has now crashed my system. It downloaded but fails to go past the Apple logo. I tried a repair, where it downloaded the OS again, but it fails on the last few percent every time.

Is it possible to make a book disk (usb) from my iPad Air, as it’s the only other device I have?

I’m open to all suggestions as I’ve hit a block wall and need to get access to files asap!

Thanks in advance.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

You don't say how it's crashing, if it just seems to not be doing anything, how long are you leaving it before you've decided it's crashed? If I were you I might just leave it install overnight or something, just in case it's taking a really long time.
    Failing that, if you have another machine, can you install the OS on a usb drive, and start up from that?

If all else fails, and you have a laptop with firewire, you can start it up in Target Disk mode (hold T when restarting) to access the contents of your HDD and do a compete reformat.

Advertisement