If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49/50" advice

Options
  • 03-12-2017 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at the following TVs

Can you offer an opinion on which you might recommend for general viewing?

Samsung UE49MU6400 - €679
    Sony KD49XE7002 - €679 or XE8004 - €799
    Panasonic TX50EX700B - €699
    LG 49SJ800V - €749

...or any others in that price range that you would recommend

I have a Panasonic GT50 plasma as my main TV which I love and will continue to use this as main TV until it fails and i will then replace it with an OLED.

Also I would be interested in a soundbar if you can do me a good deal on the two!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Hi,

LG 49SJ800V - €749

I have a Panasonic GT50 plasma as my main TV which I love and will continue to use this as main TV until it fails and i will then replace it with an OLED.

Also I would be interested in a soundbar if you can do me a good deal on the two!

Thanks

Any suggestions?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

LG 49SJ800V - €749

Thanks

Any suggestions?
    Hi Holy Diver.

Apologies for the delay.

The Sony 49XE8004 would be the best TV listed above and is the starting point in the Sony range for the Android operating system. Priced at £629 with £6.99 shipping or 799 Euro.
    The 49SJ800 are currently out of stock and we are chasing an ETA. Great television and value for money.
    Both the 49MU6400, 49XE7002 and the 50EX700 are very similar with the Sony maybe pipping it on picture quality.

The best price on the TVs would be the ones listed above. You can pay in either sterling or Euro, which ever would work out the cheapest for you.

In terms of soundbar. There are many options out there. Would you have a rough budget in mind and I can see what there is available.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Holy Diver.

Apologies for the delay.

The Sony 49XE8004 would be the best TV listed above and is the starting point in the Sony range for the Android operating system. Priced at £629 with £6.99 shipping or 799 Euro.
    The 49SJ800 are currently out of stock and we are chasing an ETA. Great television and value for money.
    Both the 49MU6400, 49XE7002 and the 50EX700 are very similar with the Sony maybe pipping it on picture quality.

The best price on the TVs would be the ones listed above. You can pay in either sterling or Euro, which ever would work out the cheapest for you.

In terms of soundbar. There are many options out there. Would you have a rough budget in mind and I can see what there is available.

Hi Kenny
    Budget for soundbar would be max €200 or £ equivalent
    Bluetooth would be a bonus

Hi Holy Diver.

Apologies for the delay.

Hi Kenny
    Hey Holy Diver.

There is the NEW range from the Steljes the ERATO priced at 179.00 Euro. I could offer at 148 Euro along with a TV.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202989-400477.aspx

You could add the Polk Audio Signa S1 priced at 199.99 euro.  I could drop to 180 euro if purchased with the TV.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202890-samsung-ue50mu6120.aspx

Let me know if either of these might suit.

Hi Holy Diver.

Apologies for the delay.

Hi Kenny
    Hey Holy Diver.

There is the NEW range from the Steljes the ERATO priced at 179.00 Euro. I could offer at 148 Euro along with a TV.

You could add the Polk Audio Signa S1 priced at 199.99 euro.  I could drop to 180 euro if purchased with the TV.

Hi again Kenny,

Unfortunately Ive been directed to downsize to 40-43"...

So now Im looking at
    Samsung UE40MU6400 or UE40MU6120 - not sure is there much difference?
    Sony KDL40WE663 or KDL43WE753
    or possible equivalent other

Based on the price Im tending towards the Samsungs although I could be convinced either way by your good self

Either soundbar looks good so whichever has better sounds quality (for streaming music) I will go for

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi Holy Diver.

Apologies for the delay.

Hi Kenny
    Hey Holy Diver.

Hi again Kenny,

Unfortunately Ive been directed to downsize to 40-43"...

So now Im looking at
    Samsung UE40MU6400 or UE40MU6120 - not sure is there much difference?
    Sony KDL40WE663 or KDL43WE753
    or possible equivalent other

Based on the price Im tending towards the Samsungs although I could be convinced either way by your good self

Either soundbar looks good so whichever has better sounds quality (for streaming music) I will go for

Thanks again
    Hi Holy Diver.

I would rule the Sony's out as they are not 4K and you want to get the most out of your money.

The main differences between the 2 Samsungs would be the refresh rate. The 6400 would be the faster.

You could perhaps also look at the 43UJ670 priced at 479.00 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx

Right so it is between the 43UJ670 and 40MU6400 i think

Tbh i wasnt hugely impressed with the 50UJ800V that I saw recently - seemed fairly grey and washed out picture compared to Sony and Samsungs in similar price range, but that could have been down to source also

Most important thing for me really is that the TV has saorview and either freeview or freesat built in. 

Thanks

Right so it is between the 43UJ670 and 40MU6400 i think

Tbh i wasnt hugely impressed with the 50UJ800V that I saw recently - seemed fairly grey and washed out picture compared to Sony and Samsungs in similar price range, but that could have been down to source also

Most important thing for me really is that the TV has saorview and either freeview or freesat built in. 

Thanks
    Hi Holy Diver,

Both have Saorview and Freeview built in but the LG also has freesat and I prefer the operating system of the smart features.

Kind regards

David

Hi Holy Diver,

Both have Saorview and Freeview built in but the LG also has freesat and I prefer the operating system of the smart features.

Kind regards

David

Cool - I’ll ring there tomorrow

Thanks

Hi Holy Diver,

Kind regards

David

Cool - I’ll ring there tomorrow

Thanks
    No problem Holy Driver.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.