Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass 99p

• 03-12-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Was initially looking for an Irish NOW TV account code but came across this person selling a UK one for 99p on EBay so with the help of a VPN I created a UK account and signed up for a free trial and then immediately cancelled it and then bought the code from the below seller and it worked amazingly!

This is who I bought from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272966733749

Apologies if not a bargain but I use NOW TV from time to time and this seems like a bargain to me...
    See post #4 for how to signup for a UK NOW tv account.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭vidapura

This looks good...

So you have to set up a UK account yeah?
    The code wouldn't work with an Irish NowTV account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

UK and Irish codes are different - one will not work on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Thanks to my mate Mark for the below. He told me to just signup for the NORD VPN free 3 day trial which I did and then set it to the UK and signed up no problem for yet another NOW TV UK account and applied another code on it.

Link to Free Trial:
    https://free.nordvpn.com/

After I signed up I got rid of the VPN and just went to:
    https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and applied the code and happy days!

I think owing to the above this is now a definite bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I got one of these yesterday. Seller emailed codes in seconds. Remember they are for a U.K. Account. One month Movies and a Sky Sports Day Pass total £3.39 or make an offer. Movie code worked great. Not used sports one yet as have a few still to use. Also remember to use a 'U.K. address' for EBay or they will add on inflated Irish Postage prices. Read sellers info to see if deal suits you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-1-Month-Movies-Cinema-Pass-Bonus-FREE-1-Day-Sky-Sports-24-Hour-Pass/132400650077?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Advertisement

The seller I linked to in the OP takes business from Ireland so my normal Irish ebay account worked fine.

Hey MuddyDog,
    Thanks very much for this.. your timing has been great cos I only just bought a smart TV that has a nowtv app on it..
    So its all very exciting.. heh... Champions Cup this weekend and all..

I asked a different seller.. vevo_digital if his codes worked on irish accounts and he told me "No, I don't think so."

Maybe this other lad has different codes..

I'm not sure I understand now tho.. did you need to do the VPN thing at all then?
    Or are you just using the codes with an irish NowTV account?

vidapura wrote: »
    Hey MuddyDog,
    Thanks very much for this.. your timing has been great cos I only just bought a smart TV that has a nowtv app on it..
    So its all very exciting.. heh... Champions Cup this weekend and all..

I asked a different seller.. vevo_digital if his codes worked on irish accounts and he told me "No, I don't think so."

Maybe this other lad has different codes..

I'm not sure I understand now tho.. did you need to do the VPN thing at all then?
    Or are you just using the codes with an irish NowTV account?

Codes do not work with an Irish NOW TV account. You need to simply create the account using a VPN but then you can ditch the VPN and login normally.

The seller I linked to was very helpful with me in answering all my questions hence me linking it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Is it possible to create a Now TV account without a credit card?

Is it possible to create a Now TV account without a credit card?

Debit card works too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 jmccann

Will UK account it work with a NOW TV box in Ireland?

jmccann wrote: »
    Will UK account it work with a NOW TV box in Ireland?

I think so. Easy way to find out by creating the UK account through the VPN and trying to signin. I use it on my laptop and don't have an issue with it anyway.

Thanks very much for all this info Muddy Dog !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Thanks MuddyDog!

My experience - i got the NordVPN and was successfully able to create a UK NowTv account on their website.
    I had alot of difficulty getting the UK version of the app - Google Play seemed to be fixed on Ireland. When I checked how to change this it required going to Google Wallet and closing the existing Irish profile and creating a UK one (done all while on NordVPN to the UK). This didnt work for me at all.
    In the end i downloaded the UK NowTV apk from a third party website. (I know this is very risky as theres no guarantee that you think you are downloading is legit). Anyways that installed but every time i went to play something i got an error, something about the sim card. From a quick bit of research it appears the app was checking to see if my sim was a UK registered one which obviously its not. However i was able to chromecast the content directly to the tv.

Just wondering did other people have the same issues or did they just get the Irish version of the NowTV app? didnt think the UK account would work on it.

I got the UK version of the app in the appstore by simply changing by country of registration in settings to the UK. Then I downloaded, changed it back to Ireland and the UK app still works fully.

Think my original link is no longer available so here's the latest:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-Sky-Sports-Day-Pass/272969602075?hash=item3f8e41941b:g:R-4AAOSwe6FaJodS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I got the UK version of the app in the appstore by simply changing by country of registration in settings to the UK. Then I downloaded, changed it back to Ireland and the UK app still works fully.

Think my original link is no longer available so here's the latest:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-Sky-Sports-Day-Pass/272969602075?hash=item3f8e41941b:g:R-4AAOSwe6FaJodS

What are you using the app on?

I tried it on my android box but it says something about the box being rooted

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭BurnUp78

Del007 wrote: »
    What are you using the app on?

I tried it on my android box but it says something about the box being rooted

I had now TV for a month and couldn't stream from my android box, the PlayStation app would stop responding every 5 minutes and streaming from my laptop was unwatchable with the buffering.. Awful service.

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    I had now TV for a month and couldn't stream from my android box, the PlayStation app would stop responding every 5 minutes and streaming from my laptop was unwatchable with the buffering.. Awful service.

I've been using it on/off for months and never had any issues with streaming. My internet connection is only 10mbps as well!

This is what I do to put it on the telly:
    https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-your-iphone-to-cast-to-your-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Just bought one of these and did the UK account trick and it worked!

Thanks OP

starface wrote: »
    Just bought one of these and did the UK account trick and it worked!

Thanks OP

No bother.

• Advertisement

Bought a one day pass from the last link here - trying to use it on the website, it gets recognised but I get an error when I click pay now. Any ideas what to do please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

krazyklown wrote: »
    Bought a one day pass from the last link here - trying to use it on the website, it gets recognised but I get an error when I click pay now. Any ideas what to do please?

Is your registered card and address still an ROI one?

Davy wrote: »
    Is your registered card and address still an ROI one?
    Hi, my credit card is but I used a UK address. It's hardly polling the credit card is it? It's a zero transaction - but I guess it might be and if so that's probably the problem. Are other people using their ROI address with their credit card details?

UPDATE - sorted now - logged into my account on a laptop and applied the code. Came up no bother and watching sports on chromecast!
    Thanks a mill!

Glad ya got sorted. I'm running outta credit/debit cards to use now to buy these!!! ��

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone know what the time lag on watching live sports on this vs say normal cable sky sports?

For example using the sky go ap ad you can be 2mins behind at times.

Like the idea of this but if it's the same thing with the delay, I'll pass.

Thanks

Less than a minute I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Sorry for being an idiot but ive just signed up for that vpn webste. What exactly do i have to do after that?

Post number 4 explains it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

can i get the 14 trial ,then use a ebay code ?or must a cancel straight away after setting account up ?
    and can these codes be used on the same account or must you change account monthly .
    thanks

I have these codes running at the same time as a free 14 day trial of entertainment and movies and works fine. Then I setup a new account using a new card and buy another code and it works the same. The ebayer I linked was extremely helpful to me when I had all these questions hence me figuring all this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

The Darts were on Sky One last night so I compared the NOW TV time compared to that of Sky One and it was 47 seconds for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭funnyname

starface wrote: »
    The Darts were on Sky One last night so I compared the NOW TV time compared to that of Sky One and it was 47 seconds for me.

Interesting, why is that delay there?

Probably getting a bit off topic here but I think it's because it's streamed rather than using satellite so delays are naturally longer?

Have still to use a couple of the codes I bought from the above seller...saving them for this weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

TBH I find a lot of the free streams available for matches to be superior to NowTV. It has good picture quality but the video seems a bit choppy at times (when watching live football anyway), as if there's a missing frames or something, and that's on my well spec'd pc with 200mb+ connection. It's astonishing that they can charge for that when I can get it free elsewhere (legalities aside).

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »
    TBH I find a lot of the free streams available for matches to be superior to NowTV. It has good picture quality but the video seems a bit choppy at times (when watching live football anyway), as if there's a missing frames or something, and that's on my well spec'd pc with 200mb+ connection. It's astonishing that they can charge for that when I can get it free elsewhere (legalities aside).

Yeah but those illegal streams are so prone to not working and crashing I find. Different strokes for different folks I suppose but a quid isn't gonna break the bank. I haven't found any issues with the streaming quality thus far anyway!

I have these codes running at the same time as a free 14 day trial of entertainment and movies and works fine. Then I setup a new account using a new card and buy another code and it works the same. The ebayer I linked was extremely helpful to me when I had all these questions hence me figuring all this out.
    Hiya, sorry ..
    Can I please ask a coupla questions...
    (1)  you use a 'new card' ? 
    Do you mean a new credit card?
    If so.. where do you get all the new credit cards?
    (2) Has anyone used this on a smart tv? 
    I have a not tv app on the telly.. but I presume it will come from the Irish app store??
    (or maybe not?)

Thanks

Hiya, sorry ..
    Can I please ask a coupla questions...
    (1)  you use a 'new card' ? 
    Do you mean a new credit card?
    If so.. where do you get all the new credit cards?
    (2) Has anyone used this on a smart tv? 
    I have a not tv app on the telly.. but I presume it will come from the Irish app store??
    (or maybe not?)

Thanks

I have 2 debit card and a couple of revolut cards and skrill cards and a normal credit card and then the missus has almost as many so that's how!

I use it on my PS4...I created a new user on my PS4 and set the country to the UK and use the NOW TV app on that user without issue.

Sorry,
    Wasn't trying to pry.. was just wondering if you used those disposable cards...

ok.. I will have a look at the nowtv app on the tv after the ulster match and see if I can set the country to uk.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

Sorry,
    Wasn't trying to pry.. was just wondering if you used those disposable cards...

ok.. I will have a look at the nowtv app on the tv after the ulster match and see if I can set the country to uk.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

Haha yes I know it's ok! Did you manage to set it to the UK? I'm using one of my last day passes today for the Man Utd and Liverpool games later.

• Advertisement

Did you manage to set it to the UK? I'm using one of my last day passes today for the Man Utd and Liverpool games later.

Nahh.. I tried the free alternative first.. got Smart IPTV app onto my telly and then got a free trial with a premium IPTV supplier..
    Tried to watch the Munster match on Sunday with it.. but my broadband (Imagine Broadband) was crap.. down to like 7.5Mbs or something ... so twas like watchin stop motion animation...

I suppose 5:30pm on a Sunday arvo is peak time..

Imagine Broadband was ok when we moved out the country first..cos we do get 50Mbs a lot of the time.. but it seems to be crapola when the pressure comes on.. not happy ..

I want to try eliminate the telly as a possible problem (could just be underpowered.. an LG thingy) ... just waiting for a long hdmi cable to arrive.. to try the laptop with it instead...

But basically.. before I go any further with streaming I think I need to sort out the broadband..or the device.... NowTV or anyone else is going to be the same story if the broadband/device ain't up to it..

Again tho.. thanks for letting us all know bout these passes...

Anytime vidapura!

Thread's gone on a bit so gonna post the link again here to aid people in finding it as the link in the OP is broken:

Advertisement