Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Gift - Australia

Options
  • 03-12-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Husband's Godson (24) moved to Australia. Anyone any ideas what to send him for Christmas?

I'm completely stumped tbh!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Husband's Godson (24) moved to Australia. Anyone any ideas what to send him for Christmas?

I'm completely stumped tbh!

Care package from Home. Gaa gear, tatyos, Cadburys, club orange, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Depending on your budget, you could put a few Australian dollars in too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

My brother lives in Australia and we bought Jetstar vouchers so he could book himself and his girlfriend a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

The chocolate in Australia is terrible, so I'd send a selection of chocolate bars and maybe some teabags.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Staph wrote: »
    The chocolate in Australia is terrible, so I'd send a selection of chocolate bars and maybe some teabags.
    In the height of summer, posting chocolate might not work out.
    Loughc wrote: »
    Care package from Home. Gaa gear, tatyos, Cadburys, club orange, etc.
    Tayto, Club orange, Irish chocolate, Barrys tea bags, etc are available in the local supermarkets now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mellor wrote: »
    Tayto, Club orange, Irish chocolate, Barrys tea bags, etc are available in the local supermarkets now.

I imagine they’re not cheap and it’s a gift. Who doesn’t like a gift of free crisps and chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Loughc wrote: »
    I imagine they’re not cheap and it’s a gift. Who doesn’t like a gift of free crisps and chocolate.
    Pretty cheap tbh.

Free food is good of course. But it was much better getting a box of Irish junk food when you couldn't buy it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I sent him $50. Can't go wrong with a few Bob :D

Advertisement