Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm with battery issue

Options
  • 03-12-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All, current alarm HKC has a battery light which is illuminated, looking to see can I resolve or need a registered company/person to change????

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi All, current alarm HKC has a battery light which is illuminated, looking to see can I resolve or need a registered company/person to change????

It is your property.
    If it was mine I would just change the battery myself as follows:

Switch off mains supply, open the panel, the alarm will sound, to stop the racket enter the user code (the outside bellbox will still sound, just ignore it). Disconnect the battery, insert the new battery (<€20), connect it up, the alarm will sound, enter the user code, the alarm will stop, close the panel, turn the power back on. Next enjoy the €80 you have saved :):):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Shinyboots75

2011 wrote: »
    It is your property.
    If it was mine I would just change the battery myself as follows:

Switch off mains supply, open the panel, the alarm will sound, to stop the racket enter the user code (the outside bellbox will still sound, just ignore it). Disconnect the battery, insert the new battery (<€20), connect it up, the alarm will sound, enter the user code, the alarm will stop, close the panel, turn the power back on. Next enjoy the €80 you have saved :):):D:D:D

thanks, what if I can not remember the user code? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

thanks, what if I can not remember the user code? haha

Shove a sock in each ear...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

rwNqqt7.gif

Advertisement