Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP - Latest cyclist fatality in Co. Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

RIP, christ.

Anyone else starting to get an uncomfortable feeling each time they go out on the bike? The pleasure and enthusiasm to get out on the bike is being replaced with fear and what-ifs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

RIP – Very sad news.

I am starting to question if cycling to work is worth the risk.

There have been more cycling fatalities this year than the infamous ongoing fued, yet it gets more reporting and more Garda resources! 45,000 checkpoints since 2015. Garda say these save lives, but so would the same resources if directed at traffic enforcement.

I don’t want to derail this. Again, my condolences to all affected by this tragic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

RIP.

There's a myriad of factors contributing to this and I don't think this is the thread to discuss it. Thoughts are with the mans family, extremely tragic.

The number dead this year is staggering when you consider you're just going out to pedal on a few metal tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭solderon

Gutted to hear of another life lost. RIP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mod note - as with all these threads. Condolences only. No speculation and absolutely no blanket blaming of any group or trolling. I'll be happy to ban anyone who ignores this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've edited/removed a couple more which are a debate for a different thread/a different day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

That's a stretch of road I'd be on often enough early on a Sunday morning. My thoughts are with his family, RIP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RIP to our brother on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

RIP - saddened to hear of another fatality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Dreadful :( R.I.P. Stay safe folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

RIP I’m from Waterford and was there visiting this weekend. I’d usually have the bike with me to pop out on a spin, there for the grace of god. RIP to the man and condolences to his family.

I too am becoming concerned at the road culture here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Mee too. I nearly got taken off the bike this morning by someone driving and reading the Irish times at the same time.

RIP and condolences to the Family

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

RIP, and thoughts with his family and friends.
    Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Well Saturdays spin was the first one in a long time I didn't have a "FFS" moment with a motorist, but it's definitely upping my better half's concern everytime I go out on the bike.

She is talking about starting going out on the bike, but the deaths and more particularly the attitudes she reads, is putting her off. And I have to say I'm not encouraging her as much as I might've in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

R.I.P

Not too far from me, and my Clubs Sunday routes .

Its too dangerous now......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: this is a condolences thread only.
    Please consider the deceased and their family and friends when posting, and move the chat elsewhere.

R.I.P., another tragedy. Condolences to his friends and family, scant comfort though it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Why is there a condolence thread for a complete stranger?

Is it because they rode a bicycle?

Troll on a week's holiday.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement