Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Guinness in Limerick City/suburbs?

• 03-12-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

To me it’s either Fennessys on South Circular Road near Mary I or Myles Breens

Any other notable mentions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Charlie Malone's on Wolfe Tone Street is worth a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Don't rate the Guinness in the Hurlers at all. For me, Charlie Malones, Myles Breens, and JJ Bowles are the best around. Hard to pick between them. Never been to Fennessys though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Don't rate the Guinness in the Hurlers at all. For me, Charlie Malones, Myles Breens, and JJ Bowles are the best around. Hard to pick between them. Never been to Fennessys though

Fennessy's used to be one of those very rare pubs that had Guinness, Murphy's and Beamish all at the one bar. I must pop in there sometime and see if they still have all of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Fennessy's used to be one of those very rare pubs that had Guinness, Murphy's and Beamish all at the one bar. I must pop in there sometime and see if they still have all of them!

I’m pretty sure they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Weird choice here, but genuinely the Still House on Thomas St do a very very nice pint!!
    One of the nicest I’ve had in the city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yep I'd say they are best pubs for a Guinness with myles breens being the best.

I'd prefer a beamish though to a Guinness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep I'd say they are best pubs for a Guinness with myles breens being the best.

I'd prefer a beamish though to a Guinness

Same here...always preferred the taste of Beamish and I find the Woodfield on the Ennis Road is consistently very good for Beamish and people tell me the pint of Guinness there is also among the best in town.

Honestly, I've never tried Beamish or Murphys. Often I've said to myself that I'll try it the next timeI'm out but I'm just brainwashed to say 'Guinness' when I get to the bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

The Guinness in Souths is excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Myles Breens, great Guinness and Beamish. Timmy Martins does a lovely pint as well. The Beamish in the Swamp is as good as any you'd get in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Myles Breens, great Guinness and Beamish. Timmy Martins does a lovely pint as well. The Beamish in the Swamp is as good as any you'd get in Cork.

The swamp sells as much beamish as Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

The Still House does a very nice pint but its a soccer pub so not to everybody's taste, South's do a beautiful pint, staff have been there for years and know what they are doing. Never been to Charlie Malone's, must try it. Front bar in Nancy's is also good for a nice pint, they even have the old Guinness type signs at the bar

South’s has been mentioned a few times. I’ve always found it to be a tad overrated, and also not a huge fan of the pint in front Nancy’s

ciog52 wrote:
    The Still House does a very nice pint but its a soccer pub so not to everybody's taste, South's do a beautiful pint, staff have been there for years and know what they are doing. Never been to Charlie Malone's, must try it. Front bar in Nancy's is also good for a nice pint, they even have the old Guinness type signs at the bar

"Nancy's" and "nice pint" are two terms I never thought I'd hear in the same sentence!

Collins bar in Dooradoyle serve a decent pint too.

Seeing as the suburbs are included in the title, I have to say Na Piarsaigh GAA club's bar pours a perfect pint of the black stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Bradshaw's Castleconnell

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

had a Guinness in the new bar Katie Dalys across from the castle. was very good... lovely little pub

damowill wrote:
    had a Guinness in the new bar Katie Dalys across from the castle. was very good... lovely little pub

Any idea if that pub is doing well in general? I was in there before/after Oktoberfest, was packed that night but, then again, most places around were packed that night.

• Advertisement

Stritch's Clonlara

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

lovely pint in the Black Swan, Annacotty

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Any idea if that pub is doing well in general? I was in there before/after Oktoberfest, was packed that night but, then again, most places around were packed that night.

I've been in twice although both times were early evening, once for a couple of pints & once for grub which was good. They seem to be drawing a nice crowd, they will get a few tourists id imagine & a few locals, & possibly pull some from the Curraghgower & JJ Bowles..

Had the Beamish in Fennessy's last night, cracking pint, don't think they have Murphy's though as someone asked previously

Had the Beamish in Fennessy's last night, cracking pint, don't think they have Murphy's though as someone asked previously

The last few times I've had Murphy's in Limerick it's been terrible. It's pretty bad at the best of times in Cork.
    Had 2 Beamish in the Swamp last night and it was delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Murphys is muck compared to Beamish and to a smaller extent to Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

damowill wrote: »

Katie Daly's has been going for a long time, they've just refurbished it lately. Good to hear the pint in there is still top notch, easily one of the best I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

The Gate is also worth a mention. Agree with the above in that Souths, JJ Bowles, The Black Swan, Myles Breens all safe bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Mc Love wrote: »
    Murphys is muck compared to Beamish and to a smaller extent to Guinness

Murphy's trumps both of them imo. Would take Beamish over Guinness.

Bobby Byrnes does a lovely pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What or where is the Swamp? :eek: I’m intrigued.

Advertisement