Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of rented house

Options
  • 03-12-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I moved out of my rented house on Friday and I took down the number on the meter. I went onto the website to pay my last bill but I can't find the suitable option, as I don't know whether the landlord wants the account closed. I just want to pay what I have to pay and leave it at that.

Could you help me please? I can send more info by PM if that helps.

Thanks you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi kaji,

Thanks for your message.

If you are the named account holder for the property you have just left, we would recommend that you close the account. Please note, closing an account will not affect the supply at the property, the property owner or new tenant will just need to register the premises into their own name.

We can complete this for you here on Boards.ie. In order to do so, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number 
    • Your address
    • Your forwarding address
    • Your contact number and date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    • The name and telephone number of the person who will now be responsible for the supply at the property (property owner, letting agent, estate agent, etc.)
    • The meter reading taken the day you moved out of the property
    We can then look into closing the account and issuing you with a bill up to the date and reading you left the premises.

If you are not the named account holder then we must advise that you cannot close the account. However, you may be able to submit a meter reading up to the day you left the property. If you could send us a private message with the account number and meter reading, we can look into updating this for you.

However, we must advise any bill would be issued to the property as normal. As such, you would need to contact the account holder to confirm the amount owing on the balance, up to the date you moved out.

Once you have moved to a new property, and if you would like to avail of savings with Electric Ireland, you can register for the property online or over the phone with a member of the Sales team on 1850 305 090. 

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement