Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats this weird yellow thing in the middle of this turkey

• 03-12-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I bought a boned and rolled turkey breast from the butchers yesterday. Its not stuffed just had a layer of streaky bacon on top. I cooked it last nigh and was just slicing it now to reheat for dinner. as i got towards the center i noticed white liquid coming out and then in several slices there is this yellow thing which i though may be Garlic bu there is no smell off it, it breaks into sort of chalk like material. Its only in the 6 or 7 centre slices.
    Any ideas what this is? Thanks
    See images: https://imgur.com/a/iVaLP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Looks like congealed fat to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

Ok, thanks.

Is it any harm, or can i just scrape it out an reheat the sliced turkey without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it is fat then if you stick it on a saucer and microwave it then it should melt, or stick in on a frying pan.

It does look like garlic, and some crappy garlic I got a while back did have pretty much no smell. If heated it might begin to smell

Advertisement