Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim to Dublin

Options
  • 03-12-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Thinking of making the move to Trim. Just wondering what are the transport option like into Dublin?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thinking of making the move to Trim. Just wondering what are the transport option like into Dublin?

Cheers!

Your main / only Option by Public Transport is the 111: Timetable
    Good if your working in Town or along Cabra / Old Navan Road area. Anywhere else in Dublin not so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers for that Andru. Definitely looks ok, time wise. I'm wondering are the buses very busy, as in would a seat be guaranteed most mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

chases0102 wrote: »
    Cheers for that Andru. Definitely looks ok, time wise. I'm wondering are the buses very busy, as in would a seat be guaranteed most mornings?

Currently there are lots of issues with the 111 and a lot of unhappy commuters. Politicians and councillors are also aware (as the 109 is having similar problems). If you're on Facebook there's a group called "Bus Eireann Route 111 Discussion Board" and you can see all the comments about the bad service by BE over the past few months.

There's a 111x bus that leaves Trim at 6.50 but for some strange reason this is a single decker, even though there's demand for a double decker. So, it's usually full by the time it hits the outskirts of the town. And again in the evenings they only put on single deckers leaving Busarus at peak times, leaving passengers in places like Mater Hos, Phibsboro and Blanchardstown stranded!

So, if you don't need to leave Trim until after 7.30 and you're getting the return bus from Busarus in the evenings you should be fine....otherwise it's a guessing game as to whether you'll get to work on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I moved to Trim 4 years ago and I think it's a great place to live but I couldn't handle the commute and the buses weren't as busy then!! The morning journey wasn't too bad but the journey home was at least 1.5 hours and could take up to 2 hours depending on traffic. Lately the traffic seems to be very heavy on the M3 from early morning - from what I hear from traffic reports.

Another option is to drive to the M3 Parkway and get the train from there. It's not any quicker but might be handier depending where you work in Dublin.

Advertisement