Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TWD | S8 | E7 | Time for after | AMC | SPL

• 03-12-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

TWD | S8 | E7 | Time for after | AMC | SPL

Airdate
    - D 3rd on AMC at 9/8c | D 4th on FOX UK at 9PM

Negan has to enlist the help of his lieutenants in solving a huge issue facing the Sanctuary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

No poll? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

DoozerT6 wrote: »

You can't post polls until the day of the episode because for some reason, special people like to vote 0 before the episode has even aired....

Also, Keplar...wow...can't believe you're stepping on my patch like this...the cheek! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

DoozerT6 wrote: »

This Isn't a Democracy Anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

You cant put up a poll in advance.

But something tells me I could put up a review in advance and get it spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Another aggravating and confusing episode (poor editing maybe?) with some absolutely mind-boggling decisions (both in context of the show and in terms of the mindset/attitude of characters that they have been building over 8 seasons). The end was ridiculous and unexplained - I feel like the show would actually be a lot better if the writers weren't trying to be so "clever" in how the are structuring the storytelling on the show.

If they can't write a compelling TV show that will keep people tuned in week-after-week, the writers instead make us sit through 38 minutes of build-up and then throw an unexplained and confusing plot twist in at the end (I hesitate to even call it a plot twist as it would imply that there is a plot to most of these episodes).

Other than the fact that absolutely nothing of note happened in this episode, it was still better than the awful episode they put out last week, but just barely... 5/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If TWD doesn't improve significantly this season, I'm done. This is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair while I think this season is beyond dire, this was definitely an actual decent episode more in line with previous seasons. Not without some gaps in logic but overall as TWD has always gone, it was pretty reasonable and most definitely a massive improvement on the farce that was the last episode.

I don't get this season. It's literally like dud, dud, decent, dud, dud, decent. It's like the episodes are all produced and directed totally independently, there is zero consistency in quality which is pretty baffling.

Won't bother getting into the junkyard ladies obsession with Ricks.....junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

that was all over the place, in a bad way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Apart from the junkyard that was a good episode. Eugene and Dwight played their parts well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Terrible boring rubbish. This show is dead. Don't think there is any coming back after this and last season.

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Confusing episode - what was the point of the motorised plane? Did I miss some explanation other than it was a signal to attack, so how did Eugene know?
    Rick arriving at the end - uh?

Least there was zombies galore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Eugene's speech was incredibly hard to understand at times. His low monotonous tone, high speed of talking and exaggerated accent made me go "wha'?" more than once, more so than in any other episode he's been in. I'm still not entirely sure whether he's playing the long con for the benefit of Alexandria, or if he really is 'Negan'. He's certainly panicking right now, that's for sure.

I don't understand why Jadis didn't just shoot Rick at the start - in fact, I don't know why Rick just went marching up to them by himself. Did anybody else know where he was going? He could have been in real trouble.

I think long-term viewers are just starting to get a little....jaded. It's bound to happen. Basically every single storyline in a post-apocalyptic world is going to be about survival, zombies or no zombies. How do you change that up, year after year? Throw in the odd love story, the odd bit of comic relief, but essentially every single episode will be a whole lot of tired, dirty people looking for food, water, shelter, and trying to avoid - or actively trying to engage!! - whatever Bad Thing is out there.

I just hope they don't do a musical episode :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The plane was to play the iPod (which seems to have great batery life) and lure the zombies away.

Am I the only one who finds it helps to have subtitles on when Eugene is talking?

I'm guessing we'll get another flashback next week as to how they all escaped.
    Midseason finale next week and I may forget when it comes back.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The plane was to play the iPod (which seems to have great batery life) and lure the zombies away.

OK, thanks, that makes sense - but why did Ricks gang start attacking at the same time - that's what confused me

Spent a lot of time on Eugene this episode - contract must be up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

The rubbish dump scenes were pointless. You knew Rick was easily getting out of it.

Also the michonne/rosalita inclusion in the last two episodes was pointless 'im not up for this'. Would have been better having Carol in there.

Ending was just baffling. Awful shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

fritzelly wrote: »
    OK, thanks, that makes sense - but why did Ricks gang start attacking at the same time - that's what confused me

Truth be told I wasn't paying the closest attention but Eugene was attempting to fly the home-made drone to lure away the walkers for the benefit of the compound, but it was iron-face's gunshots that signaled the attack to get underway.

RE: Eugene, absolutely, hadn't a clue what he was saying half the time, in his mumbling drawl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The day Eugene is killed off will be a happy day.
    In general it was an ok episode but still I'd give it a 5 out of 10.
    This stone age English the recycle bin people have is ****ing killing me though.
    I can't see in any reality that native English speakers would forget how to string a proper ****ing sentence together so soon after the decimation of the population.

fritzelly wrote: »

Was just coincidence that Dwight shot the plane down just as Daryl was attacking. No big plan behind it.
    Though since I don't think the plan was ever explained to the viewers since we were just dropped into it at the start of the season, it could've been planned. (Yeah I know it wasn't because that's why Rick and Daryl fought over the dynamite E E)

Maybe the trash people are speaking in text speak. Wait until we get to the ones who only speak in emojis.

Maybe the trash people are speaking in text speak. Wait until we get to the ones who only speak in emojis.

That made me giggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Next week's needs to change the narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

It's just a complete mess, appalling tv .....I've actually no idea what's going on in it

I'll make a prediction for next week's mid season finale.
    Please read the below in the Clarkson introducing top gear voice.

Rick explains wtf happened to the cilit bang group.
    Daryl looks sad
    Lion king man grows balls
    Negan fights back.
    ****e cliffhanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I haven't a clue what happened with Jadis and the Junkies... Rick posing for a photo shoot in his boxers then later fighting a walker on a stick? I genuinely didn't understand a word she said. The writers have lost the run of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Am I the only one who finds it helps to have subtitles on when Eugene is talking?

No definitely not!!!I cant stand the way he speaks.
    bear1 wrote: »
    This stone age English the recycle bin people have is ****ing killing me though.
    I can't see in any reality that native English speakers would forget how to string a proper ****ing sentence together so soon after the decimation of the population.

The total opposite to Eugene adding words to a sentence that make it incomprehensible,these rubbish clowns remove words so its incomprehensible what they are actually talking about.
    I'll make a prediction for next week's mid season finale.
    Please read the below in the Clarkson introducing top gear voice.

Rick explains wtf happened to the cilit bang group.
    Daryl looks sad
    Lion king man grows balls
    Negan fights back.
    ****e cliffhanger.

Genuine laugh out load at this...well played that man:D

Patience running thin but Im invested now so ill stick it out...needs ending soon....Also no fcuking mention of the helicopter from a few ep. ago is pissing me off

The helicopter I'm guessing will be mentioned in the mid season.
    But it wouldn't surprise me if it simply crashed and that was the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That for me was the worst episode of this show so far. I had it on while playing 8ball pool on my phone. Eugene needs subtitles, I hope the walkers get him soon and eat his mullet.
    Negan, is by far, the worst baddie I've ever seen. He's not even bad, he's just annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's not even bad, he's just annoying.

Not even Michael Jackson bad? :(

I thought Morgan was gone... didn't expect him to be there. It was not really in-keeping with his little psychotic hissy fit a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

What was Eugen's brilliant plan? As far as i could see it was just shoot them. I mean was this not a viable plan all along?

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    What was Eugen's brilliant plan? As far as i could see it was just shoot them. I mean was this not a viable plan all along?

It was shoot them, with the addendum: I'll make more bullets later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

It was shoot them, with the addendum: I'll make more bullets later

Wasnt this always on the cards though? Dont see what was so special about it

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I think its telling, that two story points not directly taken from the comics stand out like a sore thumb and hurt the overall story.

1. The garbage pack people and their forgotten english talk
    2. Rick's gang preemptively attacking an outpost and murdering 30 people in their sleep.

The writers here have lost the run of themselves.
    *Disclaimer, I have not read the comics

They've already done the helicopter way back in season 1 and 2. It ended up attracting a the heard to the farm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I watched this last night and am not even bothered I missed the previous episode. It's gone to pot. Seriously all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm not sure any TV show in history has ever had so many annoying characters that people would love to see killed off.

Ezekiel
    Hipster Jesus
    Eugene
    Negan

You could probably throw Morgan and Gabriel in there as well. And the entire collection of junkyard people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Carl & Rick are also expendable.

Nay way to get Shane back?? With these writers..... possibly!!

Its so far removed from its glorious beginnings.

I still watch though...

• Advertisement

I'm not sure any TV show in history has ever had so many annoying characters that people would love to see killed off.

Ezekiel
    Hipster Jesus
    Eugene
    Negan

You could probably throw Morgan and Gabriel in there as well. And the entire collection of junkyard people.

Sure, might as well, just end it now then. You'll have no one left for Rick and Co to fight with. Maybe they could turn it from a survival horror to a period drama next season.

I do with agree with Hipster Jesus though. I am surprised, how much I have grown to dislike him. Got old real fast.

Guffy wrote: »
    Wasnt this always on the cards though? Dont see what was so special about it

Yeah, I was being rather sarcastic. Sorry that didn't translate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭CiaranW

I can't stand Tara (I think that's her name) either.
    There is so many characters, they need a cull!
    The Michonne Rick romance is just still weird, there was never any inkling of a bit of romance before blondie Alexandria woman hair dresser died!

I think Scott Gimple changed the direction of the show in the complete wrong way, focuses more on character episodes. So that cuts costs on actors etc.

The show is a real drag watching it now.
    I am invested so I will watch, but it is getting close to Lost (Which I did give up on!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Ezekiel
    Hipster Jesus
    Eugene
    Negan

You can even add Rick to that unless they do something good with his character It wouldn't bother me if he was killed off.

Just waiting for the junkyard group's origin episode now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

jonon9 wrote: »
    You can even add Rick to that unless they do something good with his character It wouldn't bother me if he was killed off.

have to disagree on that. For me if Rick was killed off Id be done with the show. He holds it all together. Now the writers arent doing much to help him but as an actor hes a cut above. Though the writers must hate him as his WHOLE gang just seem to do what they want and never listen to him!! Him and Jadis should get it onnnn. Theres more chemistry with them than with Michonne...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Just as I thought there was some promise in this season, I found this episode quite dull. I liked when the zombies invaded the warehouse, but at the same time found the camera-work to be shockingly bad in those scenes.

At this stage I'd have been happy for Rick to stay in that container for 5 or 6 episodes and go a bit mad when he gets released.

Characters I think they should kill off:

Gabriel
    Eugene
    Rosita
    Tara
    Enid
    All of the junkyard gang

I'm also disappointed that they're not giving Michonne any good storylines/scenes anymore. She used to be such a badass.

Just as I thought there was some promise in this season, I found this episode quite dull. I liked when the zombies invaded the warehouse, but at the same time found the camera-work to be shockingly bad in those scenes.

At this stage I'd have been happy for Rick to stay in that container for 5 or 6 episodes and go a bit mad when he gets released.

Characters I think they should kill off:

Gabriel
    Eugene
    Rosita
    Tara
    Enid
    All of the junkyard gang

I'm also disappointed that they're not giving Michonne any good storylines/scenes anymore. She used to be such a badass.

Gabriel is top of the list of most pointless characters

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭CiaranW

fritzelly wrote:
    Gabriel is top of the list of most pointless characters

Amen to that!

Think Tara's the most expendable one now but after what happened CW with The 100, they can't kill the only lesbian. There are other LGBT representatives though. Could kill Enid I suppose.

Sasha was smart getting out to join a series which is much better than current Walking Dead

Dafuq is enid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Ohhhh the humanity.. The weight of the universe rests on whether our heroes will drive a truck into a wall. Those who are involved may witness the 10 plagues and forever be in soulless straights, whilst those who bravely questioned and rejected such a heinous act will be rewarded with eternal life and 10 golden virgins. Who would have thought the walking dead could evolve into such incredible depths.

Dafuq is enid?

Exactly. She's that girl who may or may not be Carl's girlfriend, that Maggie and Glen kinda adopted

Carl can go and **** as well.
    That bastard hat he keeps wearing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Carl can go and **** as well.
    That bastard hat he keeps wearing..

They need to make Carl a badass. I liked the finale episode where he grew a set of balls and fired on the trash people after realizing that sometimes doing nothing is worse than doing the wrong thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement