Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frenulum Breve (Help)

• 03-12-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am 16 years old and require a procedure to solve frenulum breve (Short bowstring).
    Obviously, I’m too embarrassed to talk to my parents about it so I was going to to go to the GP myself. I wanted to know how I’d go about arranging this appointment, what would I ask when I phone up? I’m a medical card holder so would I have to have my medical card in my possession? Or am I on the record? Do I need to bring money with me?

Alternatively, is there a way I could bring it up to a parent? Very embarrassing and just can’t find the courage to do it for months now and it’s playing with my self confidence something shocking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I am 16 years old and require a procedure to solve frenulum breve (Short bowstring).
    Obviously, I’m too embarrassed to talk to my parents about it so I was going to to go to the GP myself. I wanted to know how I’d go about arranging this appointment, what would I ask when I phone up? I’m a medical card holder so would I have to have my medical card in my possession? Or am I on the record? Do I need to bring money with me?

Alternatively, is there a way I could bring it up to a parent? Very embarrassing and just can’t find the courage to do it for months now and it’s playing with my self confidence something shocking

I’m really sorry to hear that it’s playing with your self confidence. So you’re right to get it sorted out.

You say you can’t talk to your parents but why do you say that? If your parents care about your health it won’t matter whether it’s your genitals or your heart or your foot or your arse, they’ll want to help you get it sorted out.

Are you sure you can’t chat with one of them or an aunt or uncle?

‘Mam I have a medical problem and I need your help’. I bet your parent would take it very seriously and do whatever it takes to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Birdseyefeud

I’m really sorry to hear that it’s playing with your self confidence. So you’re right to get it sorted out.

You say you can’t talk to your parents but why do you say that? If your parents care about your health it won’t matter whether it’s your genitals or your heart or your foot or your arse, they’ll want to help you get it sorted out.

Are you sure you can’t chat with one of them or an aunt or uncle?

‘Mam I have a medical problem and I need your help’. I bet your parent would take it very seriously and do whatever it takes to help you out.

Oh they would. Both fantastic, understand people who have gone out of their way for me more than once. Just not quite sure how to say it, what to say, how to summon the courage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I'd be inclined to mention a problem with my willy to my da rather than my ma...your problem MAY be genetic, so he may have had a similar problem!

Just as a matter of interest, you may benefit from a procedure called "frenuloplasty" in which the banjo string is lengthened..
    In many cases, a full formal circumcision isn't required (and even if it is, it's not half as bad as they say it is. Honest!)

Hope everything turns out ok for ya, but I really think you should have a man-to-man with your oul fella....about your little fella!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Just ring up and say you want an appointment. Doctor's receptionists NEVER ask what the problem is and if they did it would be very unprofessional. When speaking to them say youre on a medical card and ask them to see if they have it on record.

But yeah, ultimately it may be better to talk to your parents about it, even if you keep it vague and say that you just have a general pain in your genitals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Oh they would. Both fantastic, understand people who have gone out of their way for me more than once. Just not quite sure how to say it, what to say, how to summon the courage

No courage needed - it's a medical problem. What's the issue, you'd need to ask how you "found out" about it? Your parents have been teenagers themselves, like myself - we all know what we were "up to" when we were 16 - they willingly "pretend" not to see or understand certain things, but they do ALL TOO WELL :D

Frankly dad or mom should make no difference - he has a..."tool" just like yours, and she is familiar with the same kind of tool, otherwise you wouldn't be around :D

As someone who had a similar issue (phymosis), I am well in the know about how much it can affect your confidence, and I will tell you - get it fixed sooner rather than later; You'll be kicking yourself in the sack if you delay it - personally I "waited" until I was 27, pretending it not to be an issue.

Biggest mistake I've ever done!
    exaisle wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to mention a problem with my willy to my da rather than my ma...your problem MAY be genetic, so he may have had a similar problem!

Just as a matter of interest, you may benefit from a procedure called "frenuloplasty" in which the banjo string is lengthened..
    In many cases, a full formal circumcision isn't required (and even if it is, it's not half as bad as they say it is. Honest!)

Hope everything turns out ok for ya, but I really think you should have a man-to-man with your oul fella....about your little fella!

True that - it can be genetic indeed, but it doesn't necessarily come from the father's side; Mommy can carry the genes even if she doesn't have a sausage down there.

As for circumcision I can concur, it's not nearly as bad as it's made to look. Been..."coverless" for over ten years now, would never go back :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not beyond the beyonds that your Dad might have had the same problem.

They will know something is worrying you. Best tell them, or one of them if you like.

Advertisement