Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal injury solicitor

Options
  • 04-12-2017 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know a good personal injury solicitor in Galway, needed for a road traffic accident.
    Never had to use one before and don't know where to start. Not really any proper reviews online.
    Any advice on who to go to/stay away from would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Recommendations only. No anti-recommendations allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Id say most general law practices will take PI cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

PM sent. (It's a recommendation, not an anti-recommendation ... just seems best to do it that way).

There are a surprisingly large number of building around the place with signs outside saying that this is a solicitors office. They might all be willing to take cases, but I'm sure that some have a better success rate than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lcgalway

Yeah there are loads but you hear that some are not great at all, just wondering if anyone knows of a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wasn't the whole point of PIAB to negate the need for a PI Solicitor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Lcgalway

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point of PIAB to negate the need for a PI Solicitor?

They basically put a value on the claim and if both sides agree then that's it, good for very simple cases.

However if one/both sides don't agree the amount is fair, or if there is an issue with liability, or if the case is in anyway complicated then a solicitor would be of benefit.

If both sides don't agree on the value then the case is released by the piab into the court system where a solicitor is needed anyway.

Basically all they do is put a value on an injury, not always the most appropriate/fair one though. They have ranges they stick to called the book of quantum, so if it's more than that amount for that particular injury then you need a solicitor to go to court.

Also they don't deal with personal injury through medical negligence so that one needs a solicitor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Hi,

I have sent you on a PM, with name and details.

Hope you get a good outcome.

Kayanne Horgan in Forster St.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Little Mc

Oliver Foley in Woodquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

kal7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have sent you on a PM, with name and details.

Hope you get a good outcome.

Kayanne Horgan in Forster St.

A very competent solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi,

I am looking for a good solicitor in Dublin for the same subject(Personal Injury due to accident), can any one recommend me a good solicitor, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This forum is for Galway city only.
    I suggest you post in Dublin forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement