Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFB comms on car radio

Options
  • 04-12-2017 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I am hearing DFB comms all over Dublin on my car radio on 84.5MHz. My car is a jap in import with factory fitted radio I think the Japanese radio stations frequency rage is 76-90 MHz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

sweet thats a bonus your radio is prob wfm maybe a bit muffled but still nice to have when normal stations are rubbish

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Surprised DFB are still active around there, thought that they would be long gone and have moved to digital like the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

deaglan169 wrote: »
    sweet thats a bonus your radio is prob wfm maybe a bit muffled but still nice to have when normal stations are rubbish

yes WFM. so you have to turn your volume up higher than normal (for a radio station) and letting through more noise. Also it would not be able to separate any other transmissions (if present) on very close NBFM channels .

BTW The Japanese FM band has been extended to 76 to 95 (previously 76 to 90) , so any newer Japanese FM radio used here will get a few more FM stations .

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Nice one.

Years ago, if you dialled a tuner all the way to the left you could hear the ESB and Telecom Eireann (as it was called back then)

Fire Service is going Tetra next year (eventually) or so it is said

http://ctri.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have they finally moved off to tetra or is FM still live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

ED E wrote: »
    Have they finally moved off to tetra or is FM still live?

Still on FM, however they were using Tetra during the St Patrick’s Day parade between the parade control room and DFB control room

Advertisement