Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone extensions no longer work after FTTH installed

Options
  • 04-12-2017 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    We just had FTTH installed last thursday but now our landline no longer works.
    We arranged for fibre box to be installed in utility room and then run to wifi router in attic where the original eir phone port is located.
    Now if we plug a handset directly into the router it does get a dial tone ok.
    I assumed just plugging router into the eir port would have worked but not so.
    I'm guessing you will say that internal wiring is responsibility of homeowner, in which case I have 2 points/questions:
    1) It would be nice to be told you would need to rewire, ahead of installation, or that the install engineer would offer guidance.
    2) Have you any documentation/guidance on how to connect the F2000 router to multiple internal points?

If i cant get this figured out (without paying an engineer to do the job) then we may have to cancel within the 14 days..

Thanks,
    Fergus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

fme wrote: »
    Hi,
    We just had FTTH installed last thursday but now our landline no longer works.
    We arranged for fibre box to be installed in utility room and then run to wifi router in attic where the original eir phone port is located.
    Now if we plug a handset directly into the router it does get a dial tone ok.
    I assumed just plugging router into the eir port would have worked but not so.
    I'm guessing you will say that internal wiring is responsibility of homeowner, in which case I have 2 points/questions:
    1) It would be nice to be told you would need to rewire, ahead of installation, or that the install engineer would offer guidance.
    2) Have you any documentation/guidance on how to connect the F2000 router to multiple internal points?

If i cant get this figured out (without paying an engineer to do the job) then we may have to cancel within the 14 days..

Thanks,
    Fergus.
    Hi Fergus,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues with your service. You'll need to get in touch with our technical support department about this and they'll be able to advise you further. their direct number is 1890260260 or you can freephone 1901 and you'll be able to get through to them on the phone. You can also get in touch with them through our online chat service here: https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fme

Thanks.
    I managed to get this sorted by rewiring cables myself in the end. Its not pretty but it works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

fme wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I managed to get this sorted by rewiring cables myself in the end. Its not pretty but it works...
    Glad to hear you've got this sorted :)

- Adam

Advertisement