Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lulu1 wrote: »
    So sorry that you are finding it hard to stretch to 35e but even you put 1e a day into a jar you would have the 35e saved in just over a month
    As far as i know if you have a badge you dont have to pay because you are already paying your 35e

Kind lady; bless you!

Just now I am too ill to go anywhere. See thread re shopping! And I am only out once a fortnight anyways so not a great issue. I almost never have any cash in the house as I don't need it .

I find now that as I am visibly disabled, when I am in eg Dunne;s car park seeking a space, folk keep directing me to empty disabled spaces, so kindly,
    If I park at LIDL it is free as is ALDI .

I read way back that you pay even when you have a badge? Not in Dublin I gather

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

looksee wrote: »
    That's the thing though, these people are trying to look out for disabled drivers!

Granted they are missing a point but they are doing it with the best intentions. If anyone says anything you could answer 'thank you for being concerned, disabilities are not always all that obvious but I do have a card' and a smile. If you are being glared at, catch their eye and smile indicating a willingness to be open with them. Lets encourage the people willing to get involved in the fight!

I don’t agree that they are doing it with the best of intentions. I think mostly it’s just begrudgery and misplaced envy. Nobody has the right to intimidate or harass anyone else like that, much less make a scene in public by challenging someone.
    Nobody is obliged to reveal their Disabilty to a stranger demanding to know it in a car park!
    If people are so concerned about possible abuse of a disabled parking badge then they won’t mind going to the bother of noting the car registration and a description of the occupants and ringing the authorities to voice their suspicions.

Advertisement