Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long does the recruitment process take?

• 04-12-2017 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am interested in applying for the next recruitment campaign in 2018, whenever it opens.

However, I am interested to know how long should I expect the general recruitment process to take once applications have been received?

I am aware that there are 3 phases of the recruitment process but I have no idea if the whole process would take for instance, 3 months or 12 months.

I am considering going abroad for 6 months so not sure if I should apply while away or wait until I get back.

For anyone who has completed each stage of the recruitment process, can you please advise how long it roughly took in your experience?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Hi there,

I applied in June. Had online tests in July. Sit down tests in August. Interview in September. Results in October. Waiting on a medical now. If it wasn’t for xmas I’d have my medical in December and fitness test in Jan. But it’ll be Jan before I get my medical. So basically, you’d be required to attend after 2 months and then again for the interview up to 2 months later.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sarahf2k16

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I applied in June. Had online tests in July. Sit down tests in August. Interview in September. Results in October. Waiting on a medical now. If it wasn’t for xmas I’d have my medical in December and fitness test in Jan. But it’ll be Jan before I get my medical. So basically, you’d be required to attend after 2 months and then again for the interview up to 2 months later.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! That's very helpful to have a guideline! I hope the fitness test goes well and all for you! Will you know how long you have to wait to start training if your successful in the final stage? Must be hard waiting all this time to know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

sarahf2k16 wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to reply! That's very helpful to have a guideline! I hope the fitness test goes well and all for you! Will you know how long you have to wait to start training if your successful in the final stage? Must be hard waiting all this time to know for sure.

There’s still a meeting with my local Seargent and Super to go through and then my fitness test. Think they said the June 17 campaign will start going in at Q3 of next year so anywhere from 15 months onwards is the wait. Don’t mind waiting as I’m in full time employment now anyway and what’s waiting a year or 2 for 30 years in there ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Hi there,

I am interested in applying for the next recruitment campaign in 2018, whenever it opens.

However, I am interested to know how long should I expect the general recruitment process to take once applications have been received?

I am aware that there are 3 phases of the recruitment process but I have no idea if the whole process would take for instance, 3 months or 12 months.

I am considering going abroad for 6 months so not sure if I should apply while away or wait until I get back.

For anyone who has completed each stage of the recruitment process, can you please advise how long it roughly took in your experience?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Depends on your OOM which is the number you recieve after your interview as well as your vetting, some are waiting months others are waiting years. Im from September 2016 and i have everything done since May of this year and my vetting came back a few weeks ago if that gives you an idea, so im hoping to make the next intake in February

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Depends on your OOM which is the number you recieve after your interview as well as your vetting, some are waiting months others are waiting years. Im from September 2016 and i have everything done since May of this year and my vetting came back a few weeks ago if that gives you an idea, so im hoping to make the next intake in February

Do you know how many new Gardai are they taking from your campaign? I'm in current one June 2017 and they want to take 800 . None of you from September 2016 went to college yet ?

• Advertisement

AniaSz wrote: »
    Do you know how many new Gardai are they taking from your campaign? I'm in current one June 2017 and they want to take 800 . None of you from September 2016 went to college yet ?

As far as I can tell there have been a couple of hundred offers and theyre in college right now, highest OOM ive seen getting offers are mid 500s so i would reckon there are at least a couple of hundred from my selection still waiting for offers

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sarahf2k16

That's very helpful, thank you. So it's the waiting list that causes the most delay, while the process could only take a few months, the waiting list could be a few months or years. So I take it that the higher your OOM, the longer you have to wait?

In theory, I could postpone travelling until I got my OOM, depending of course if I was actually lucky enough to pass the previous application stages.

That's very helpful, thank you. So it's the waiting list that causes the most delay, while the process could only take a few months, the waiting list could be a few months or years. So I take it that the higher your OOM, the longer you have to wait?

In theory, I could postpone travelling until I got my OOM, depending of course if I was actually lucky enough to pass the previous application stages.

No problem at all glad to help. Its a mictjre of your number and mostly vetting it all depends on if you pived abroad or any previous records and such

Advertisement