Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FTTH install

Options
  • 04-12-2017 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I recently had a fibre to the home install carried out and there has been a problem with the first bill. The bundle I signed up for was to have a monthly bill of €45. The first bill arrived in my inbox at €104. I contacted the very poor customer service to be told that the first bill included an installation fee. When told that the install was free, the call taker replied that all first bills include an installation fee. When I persisted, I was put through (ditched) to the technical team. We both agreed that we shouldn't be talking to each other and he transferred me back to accounts. Finally, I got talking to someone who had a clue. He told me that the system glitched and dropped all the discounts. He said that he sorted it and my direct debit would be for the correct amount.

The my eir app still shows that I owe €104.44, due on December 12th . My concern is that this will be taken instead of the €47.50 I actually owe. This represents €45 plus a part period cost.

eir customer service is infamous on the web. I figured I'd change from Vodafone to eir as I shouldn't have to deal with the poor customer service too much. I was wrong. Barring the odd individual, they are totally clueless!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi there,
    I recently had a fibre to the home install carried out and there has been a problem with the first bill. The bundle I signed up for was to have a monthly bill of €45. The first bill arrived in my inbox at €104. I contacted the very poor customer service to be told that the first bill included an installation fee. When told that the install was free, the call taker replied that all first bills include an installation fee. When I persisted, I was put through (ditched) to the technical team. We both agreed that we shouldn't be talking to each other and he transferred me back to accounts. Finally, I got talking to someone who had a clue. He told me that the system glitched and dropped all the discounts. He said that he sorted it and my direct debit would be for the correct amount.

The my eir app still shows that I owe €104.44, due on December 12th . My concern is that this will be taken instead of the €47.50 I actually owe. This represents €45 plus a part period cost.

eir customer service is infamous on the web. I figured I'd change from Vodafone to eir as I shouldn't have to deal with the poor customer service too much. I was wrong. Barring the odd individual, they are totally clueless!
    Hi Ewan Hoosarmi,

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your bill and with our customer service. I'll pass your feedback about this on top the relevant department. 

If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into your billing issue for you.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hi Ewan Hoosarmi,

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your bill and with our customer service. I'll pass your feedback about this on top the relevant department. 

If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into your billing issue for you.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam, done.

Hi there,

Hi Ewan Hoosarmi,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam, done.
    Thanks,

I've responded to your PM.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Hi there,

Hi Ewan Hoosarmi,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam, done.
    Thanks,

- Adam
    Thanks, Adam. That's reassuring.

Hi there,

Hi Ewan Hoosarmi,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam, done.
    Thanks,

- Adam
    Thanks, Adam. That's reassuring.
    No problem.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement