Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

If wba fail to make the sf it means no dgws for Liverpool. Rules out the chance of salah TC.

Taht person who triple captained Kane in the SGW a few weeks back is looking like a genius
    By the time the DGW come the main TC options could still be in Europe. And the FA cup

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Wildcard 33 BB 34 FH 35 TC 37.

What are peoples thoughts on the above, now? I still think it works. You're banking on City getting through for a strong TC (SWA & HUD) essentially, and not sure how much you will get out of Bench Boost, but seems most sensible. Just need to try get through until GW33 without using my Wildcard (Arnie, RLC, Stones, Smalling could all be at risk of rotation/dropped).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Good god that fa cup draw was troll-worthy of epic proportions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

wardides wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on the above, now? I still think it works. You're banking on City getting through for a strong TC (SWA & HUD) essentially, and not sure how much you will get out of Bench Boost, but seems most sensible. Just need to try get through until GW33 without using my Wildcard (Arnie, RLC, Stones, Smalling could all be at risk of rotation/dropped).

If things pan out as they should the gw31 FH would be a waste. I much prefer gw35.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

If things pan out as they should the gw31 FH would be a waste. I much prefer gw35.

Yeah plan is to stick to as you said and Free Hit on GW 35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Just on this lads, am I right in saying that GW28 is guaranteed to be unaffected now?

Also, it's gw31 that will likely be the next affected week and those cancelled fixtures will be pushed to gw34/37 depending? Is that an accurate enough summation of what's happening without going to the google excel chart.

Just trying to get my head 100 percent around it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

McBain11 wrote: »
    Just on this lads, am I right in saying that GW28 is guaranteed to be unaffected now?

Also, it's gw31 that will likely be the next affected week and those cancelled fixtures will be pushed to gw34/37 depending? Is that an accurate enough summation of what's happening without going to the google excel chart.

Just trying to get my head 100 percent around it :p

If City are forced into an FA Cup replay their GW28 game is under threat. The GW31 games should end up landing in those two GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ok, long post incoming.

For the last few weeks I had been planning on building up a few players for the blanks in GW31.
    Then
    wildcard: gw33
    Benchboost: gw34 for 13-15 DGW-ers
    Free hit: gw37 for 11 DGW-ers

But I'm wondering is there any point to this. And should I just use free hit for gw31 to get 11 starters. Apart from Liverpool players and Mariappa (enabler at 4.1), I won't really want any players from the teams involved long term. And I'll be using up my transfers until gw31 on these players I don't want long term.

When roughly should we learn the teams that are likely to have doubles in gw37?

As in I'm trying to figure out if I would already have close 11 players with a double in gw37 in my squad already and use my transfers between gw34 and gw37 to get up 11 double gameweekers.

Potential blanks in gw35 may affect this but if I have close to 11 players for this week I reckon I'll be ok.

Anyone looking at something similar to this?
    Or thoughts on this?

shineon23 wrote: »
    Ok, long post incoming.

For the last few weeks I had been planning on building up a few players for the blanks in GW31.
    Then
    wildcard: gw33
    Benchboost: gw34 for 13-15 DGW-ers
    Free hit: gw37 for 11 DGW-ers

But I'm wondering is there any point to this. And should I just use free hit for gw31 to get 11 starters. Apart from Liverpool players and Mariappa (enabler at 4.1), I won't really want any players from the teams involved long term. And I'll be using up my transfers until gw31 on these players I don't want long term.

When roughly should we learn the teams that are likely to have doubles in gw37?

As in I'm trying to figure out if I would already have close 11 players with a double in gw37 in my squad already and use my transfers between gw34 and gw37 to get up 11 double gameweekers.

Potential blanks in gw35 may affect this but if I have close to 11 players for this week I reckon I'll be ok.

Anyone looking at something similar to this?
    Or thoughts on this?
    Thats not a long post;)
    Ive been thinking gw 35 will be better for FH than 31 or 37. We will know more about the layout of fixtures after the weekend. We will know after fa cup qf gw 31 about the gw 37 doubles. Im going to make a lot of assumptions here to give an example of how things could pan out. Fa cup qfinalist are city, utd, spurs , chelsea, wba, sheff wed,brighton, leicester.
    Fa cup sfinalists are city, utd, spurs and leicester.
    Assuming all GW 31 blanks become dgw 34 and gw 35 blanks become dgw 37 the fixture list is this.
    Gw 31
    Huddersfield Palace
    Swansea southampton
    Liverpool Watford
    Stoke Everton
    Dgw 34
    Utd, City, West ham, brighton, Spurs, newcastle, leicester arsenal, burnley, chelsea, bournemouth, wba all have a dgw. Liverpool play bournemouth at home but dont have a double so assume salah will remain in most squads.
    Gw 35
    Arsenal west ham
    everton newcastle
    stoke burnley
    watford palace
    wba liverpool
    Chelsea huddrsfield
    DGW 37
    bournemouth , utd, brighton, spurs, leicester, southampton , city, swansea all have a double. These will have a double double so probably the core of your wildcard.
    So your wildcard team to BB I assume is 14 dgw and salah. Lets say 3 spurs, 2 city, 2 chelsea, 2 utd, 1 bournemouth, 1 leicester, 1 arsenal, 1 burnley, 1 west ham.
    So gw 34 14 dgw players and salah
    In gw 35 you will only have salah, 2 chelsea, 1 arsenal,1 burnley and 1 west ham . 6 players now of course you can make transfers but you are taking out gw 37 double players which impacts you in 37.

Then in gw 37 assuming you use FH in gw 35 you have 9 dgw players in play and 2 fts.
    The fixtures that go ahead in gw 35 should also be more attractive in gw 35 over 31. FH team for 31 something like this
    Pickford
    vvd naughton bauer
    salah shaqiri walcott zaha
    ayew firmino niasse
    Is something like that going to make huge gains on the likely team even with just 6/7 players you can put out. Salah will be the default captain which also limits potential damage.
    GW 35 will have more good teams with good fixtures and its at a much more awkward time being between two doubles.

Thats not a long post;)
    ,This is a long post :D
    Is how I read that line.

I wrote mine on the phone thought it was huge :pac:
    Thats not a long post;)
    Ive been thinking gw 35 will be better for FH than 31 or 37. We will know more about the layout of fixtures after the weekend. We will know after fa cup qf gw 31 about the gw 37 doubles. Im going to make a lot of assumptions here to give an example of how things could pan out. Fa cup qfinalist are city, utd, spurs , chelsea, wba, sheff wed,brighton, leicester.
    Assuming all GW 31 blanks become dgw 34 and gw 35 blanks become dgw 37 the fixture list is this.
    Gw 31
    Huddersfield Palace
    Swansea southampton
    Liverpool Watford
    Stoke Everton
    Dgw 34
    Utd, City, West ham, brighton, Spurs, newcastle, leicester arsenal, burnley, chelsea, bournemouth, wba all have a dgw. Liverpool play bournemouth at home but dont have a double so assume salah will remain in most squads.
    Gw 35
    Arsenal west ham
    everton newcastle
    stoke burnley
    watford palace
    wba liverpool
    Chelsea huddrsfield
    DGW 37
    bournemouth , utd, brighton, spurs, leicester, southampton , city, swansea all have a double. These will have a double double so probably the core of your wildcard.
    So your wildcard team to BB I assume is 14 dgw and salah. Lets say 3 spurs, 2 city, 2 chelsea, 2 utd, 1 bournemouth, 1 leicester, 1 arsenal, 1 burnley, 1 west ham.
    In gw 35 you will only have salah, 2 chelsea, 1 arsenal,1 burnley and 1 west ham . 6 players now of course you can make transfers but you are taking out gw 37 double players which impacts you in 37.

Then in gw 37 assuming you use FH in gw 35 you have 9 dgw players in play and 2 fts.
    The fixtures that go ahead in gw 35 should also be more attractive in gw 35 over 31. FH team for 31 something like this
    Pickford
    vvd naughton bauer
    ayew firmino niasse
    Is something like that going to make huge gains on the likely team even with just 6/7 players you can put out. Salah will be the default captain which also limits potential damage.
    GW 35 will have more good teams with good fixtures and its at a much more awkward time being between two doubles.

Wow, that is exactly and a lot more than what I was looking for, that'll take some digesting tomorrow.

I'm concentrating on one private league and I'm pretty sure very few of them will play the free hit or benchboost correctly/optimally. Some have already used one or the other.
    I'm being that guy and started a spreadsheet on them ;)

Going on your predictions I think I'll be very close to fielding 11 in GW35. Especially if I know most of the fixtures that will go ahead in GW35 prior to me playing my wildcard.
    I'd be hoping to not make a transfer in GW34 while playing bench boost so as to have 2 FT's carrying into GW 35 (If I don't use the free hit in GW35)

Will plan on doing the same for GW37 to get as many DGW-ers as possible (if I'm not using free hit there)

I might not beat my rivals on inspired captain picks but I'll give it a good shot of beating them with simple maths, by trying to have more players getting minutes in, than the other people in my league

• Advertisement

Thats not a long post;)
    Gw 31
    Huddersfield Palace
    Swansea southampton
    Liverpool Watford
    Stoke Everton
    Dgw 34
    Gw 35
    Arsenal west ham
    everton newcastle
    stoke burnley
    watford palace
    wba liverpool
    Chelsea huddrsfield
    DGW 37

Pickford
    vvd naughton bauer
    ayew firmino niasse

I agree with ye on FH 31
    I’ve already used it and I hope those that haven’t play it then
    I’ll have 3 pool VVD, firmino and captain salah . And I’ll Shaq and shawcross so I’m up to 5 already . I’ll have a keeper too. So with a bit of luck I’ll have damn near 11 without even making a transfer .
    Illl tell you what really jumped out at me on your analysis though
    Pool have Bournemouth at home 34
    Salah will not be widely captained
    I know what I’m thinking now ..........

km79 wrote: »
    I agree with ye on FH 31
    I’ve already used it and I hope those that haven’t play it then
    I’ll have 3 pool VVD, firmino and captain salah . And I’ll Shaq and shawcross so I’m up to 5 already . I’ll have a keeper too. So with a bit of luck I’ll have damn near 11 without even making a transfer .
    Illl tell you what really jumped out at me on your analysis though
    Pool have Bournemouth at home 34
    Salah will not be widely captained
    I know what I’m thinking now ..........

With no wildcard left like myself I wouldn't go more than 8 players in gw 31 as every player you have in 31 doesn't have a dgw 34. So let's say you get 11 out in 31 you will only have 4 dgw and 3 FTS for 34.

With no wildcard left like myself I wouldn't go more than 8 players in gw 31 as every player you have in 31 doesn't have a dgw 34. So let's say you get 11 out in 31 you will only have 4 dgw and 3 FTS for 34.

Yeah there is that in it alright
    At this stage I’ll have around that and will be hoping to carry a FT after it as well
    I’m not buying in anymore players I won’t want after 31
    I already have a stoke defender
    Why do I have a stoke defender :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DGW's are a fools gold. They're super for the supserstars (see Kane/Sanchez last year), but just full of rotation and misery for the other players that we tear up our teams to get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wow. Even looking at the last page, makes my head hurt!

:D

City more or less through
    There will be soon be tough decisions to be made on aguero and maybe sterling

City more or less through
    There will be soon be tough decisions to be made on aguero and maybe sterling

At least they will go full strength against Chelsea in gw 29 now. The 2nd leg is 3 days after that.

At least they will go full strength against Chelsea in gw 29 now. The 2nd leg is 3 days after that.

The league will be won too around the blanks and DGW so will probably start to unload then
    Certainly can’t TC
    Which brings me back to Liverpool Vs Bournemouth gw34 when salah will be captained by very few .....

The league will be won too around the blanks and DGW so will probably start to unload then
    Certainly can’t TC
    Which brings me back to Liverpool Vs Bournemouth gw34 when salah will be captained by very few .....

I think its midweek gw 32 and 33 for cl qf and midweek gw 35 and 36 for cl sf. City assets could be useless by then alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

If you use your free hit does your free transfer bank?

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    If you use your free hit does your free transfer bank?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Some quality posts.
    These game weeks are a complete mine field.I have used my Free Hit and wild card and those chips have been a success. Now I need to plan for these weeks .DGW never work for me or anyone really.Dumping Sterling is high risk move or any city players.Are people seriously going with out city cover?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I’ve learned my lesson from the last two seasons. Quality over quantity.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I’ve learned my lesson from the last two seasons. Quality over quantity.

Quantity over quality has won me my leagues in those 2 seasons.

Well a mixture of both, but focused on having an many big hitters and starters as possible with decent fixtures. But everyone with doubles, I think Josh King was my only exception last season, maybe Mahrez the season before.

It will be tougher this season as my team value isn't near as high and previous years but it'll be the way I'll be trying to line out for the run in.

I look at it, as simple as if I have players with more matches, more minutes = more potential opportunity to get points, over people I want to beat.
    It's worked well for me in the past, so I will be continuing that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any updates on confirmed fixtures for 31 yet lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any updates on confirmed fixtures for 31 yet lads?

Next FA Cup round has to be played first. Liverpool and Stoke games are on for sure that's all we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bournemouth vs WBA is on in GW 31. Swansea vs Southampton is a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

No DGWs for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If Spurs and United win then only Liverpool players are worth getting in for 31 imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've been quite conservative with my chips - I have all of my WC, TC, BB, and FH still to use. I haven't been putting much time into DGW/BGW planning up to now, but I'm starting to give it more thought. A rough idea of what I'm thinking:

BGW31: Ignore, maybe try to have 2FT for that week.
    GW33: WC (with an eye towards DGW37 as well as 34)
    DGW34: TC or BB
    BGW35: FH
    DGW37: BB or TC

Am I missing anything important, or does this seem like a solid enough plan?

Advertisement