Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

I've been quite conservative with my chips - I have all of my WC, TC, BB, and FH still to use. I haven't been putting much time into DGW/BGW planning up to now, but I'm starting to give it more thought. A rough idea of what I'm thinking:

BGW31: Ignore, maybe try to have 2FT for that week.
    GW33: WC (with an eye towards DGW37 as well as 34)
    DGW34: TC or BB
    BGW35: FH
    DGW37: BB or TC

Am I missing anything important, or does this seem like a solid enough plan?

Same plan as me basically! TC on game 37 could be tricky due to rotation and things already potentially being decided on the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

All going well I'll have a keeper for the skinny weeks (Hennessy) and a keeper with one dgw (Adrian )
    Be nice if that's little bit of planning works out. Lot can happen yet though..........
    Bournemouth losing now makes it more difficult to sell Wilson but I HAVE to get Kane. If city could draw with Wigan and then win replay that will make my decision.........as is stands for 31 I have
    Hennessy
    Shawcross (and getting VVD or Robertson this week)
    Salah shaq
    Wilson firmino

I have 2 FT this week and I'll be getting kane . I can go 2 ways -
    Sanchez to ibe/doucore
    Or sanchez to anyone (probably mahrez ) and aguero to kane ? This will leave me more cash as I may also do Andy king to doucore at some point

One thing I'm not doing is ignoring teams with good fixtures for the next 3 gameweeks just for a gameweek made up of rubbish teams and Liverpool!
    Mahrez is a prime example . I also don't have a WC so have to balance out having enough for 31 and enough for BB in a dgw

Very likely after the draw that united city and spurs will be 3 of the semi finalists
    Leicster or Chelsea the other
    Need to start looking at TC /BB for 34/37 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

km79 wrote: »
    Very likely after the draw that united city and spurs will be 3 of the semi finalists
    Leicster or Chelsea the other
    Need to start looking at TC /BB for 34/37 now

Do the semi finals clash with GW 34?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ake, Cook or Daniels for #nailedonness and attacking threat?

• Advertisement

Do the semi finals clash with GW 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Nightmare draw for those of us who have used FH. Likely 4 top six teams in the semis, 35 will be carnage after a dgw 34 where you will want players from these teams in.

Going to be hard to manage this.

Ake, Cook or Daniels for #nailedonness and attacking threat?

Daniels surely if funds are no issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Been keeping a bit of an eye on the weather forum lately. There seems to be a bit of excitement building over there for some cold weather from the end of next week onwards. If (and a very big if it is) what some of the models are suggesting comes to pass, then we could be having some more blanks/doubles than what we were expecting. One to keep an eye on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Been keeping a bit of an eye on the weather forum lately. There seems to be a bit of excitement building over there for some cold weather from the end of next week onwards. If (and a very big if it is) what some of the models are suggesting comes to pass, then we could be having some more blanks/doubles than what we were expecting. One to keep an eye on...

I choosing to believe that you're looking at the weather forum purely from a fantasy football viewpoint.

Research for Doubles and Blanks is at an all time high. What a time to be alive, this is the type of dedication I can get behind. :D

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Daniels surely if funds are no issue

You’re not wrong in suggesting him but he never fails to disappoint.

I think Ake is as likely to put up a score as he is. Possibly even more likely.

Nightmare draw for those of us who have used FH. Likely 4 top six teams in the semis, 35 will be carnage after a dgw 34 where you will want players from these teams in.

Yeah 35 is a big worry !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Part of me is wondering how much value there'll actually be in dgw players this time round, with a number of the top teams involved on multiple fronts (league/champions league/fa cup) - rotation worries obviously but fatigue could play a part too. It will be very interesting to see how things play out.

manual_man wrote: »
    Part of me is wondering how much value there'll actually be in dgw players this time round, with a number of the top teams involved on multiple fronts (league/champions league/fa cup) - rotation worries obviously but fatigue could play a part too. It will be very interesting to see how things play out.

It could mostly impact City and Arsenal as City will have the league won and Arsenal may be too far adrift of 4th and therefore concentrate on Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle, west ham all have a dgw 34 and a game in 35. Salah, 3 arsenal, Burnley defender and Arnie gives you 6 players for 35. It will be possible to get 8 players out while not overly impacting your gw 37 plans.

Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle, west ham all have a dgw 34 and a game in 35. Salah, 3 arsenal, Burnley defender and Arnie gives you 6 players for 35. It will be possible to get 8 players out while not overly impacting your gw 37 plans.

Yeah Arsenal and Burnley have very favourable run ins too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

manual_man wrote: »

2nd to 5th could be really close all the way to the wire this season. If things stay as close as they are now, the team in 2nd might still be in danger of missing out on CL football in DGW37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

I've been quite conservative with my chips - I have all of my WC, TC, BB, and FH still to use. I haven't been putting much time into DGW/BGW planning up to now, but I'm starting to give it more thought. A rough idea of what I'm thinking:

Ye very similar to mine and the template plan almost. I will wc for gw 33. Bb in 34; 14 dgw players plus salah and maybe even firmino. Fh 35 and carry two transfers into dgw37 and use TC. Good planning last year let me claw back a 100 point deficit in last 5 gw

Gw 35 aint looking so skinny anymore
    This makes things a little easier for me
    I think !

For gw 34 the doubles are more than likely
    Burnley- Leicester H Chelsea H
    Leicester- Burnley A Arsenal H
    Chelsea- Burnley A Southampton A
    Arsenal-leicester A newcastle A
    Utd- West ham A West brom H
    City - Spurs A brighton H
    Swansea- Southampton H Everton H
    Spurs- City H newcastle H
    Southampton- Chelsea H Swansea A
    Brighton- city A Palace A
    West ham- utd H Sto H
    Newcastle - Arsenal H Spurs A
    Not the greatest of fixtures Utd and swansea probably with the best fixtures. May be possible to get away with having to use FH in 35 now.

• Advertisement

For gw 34 the doubles are more than likely
    Burnley- Leicester H Chelsea H
    Leicester- Burnley A Arsenal H
    Chelsea- Burnley A Southampton A
    Arsenal-leicester A newcastle A
    Utd- West ham A West brom H
    City - Spurs A brighton H
    Swansea- Southampton H Everton H
    Spurs- City H newcastle H
    Southampton- Chelsea H Swansea A
    Brighton- city A Palace A
    West ham- utd H Sto H
    Newcastle - Arsenal H Spurs A
    Not the greatest of fixtures Utd and swansea probably with the best fixtures. May be possible to get away with having to use FH in 35 now.

I'll say it again
    The person who used TC on a not fully fit in a SGW who then got 17 PTS ( I think ) w I'll easily outscore all the main DGW candidates

Also my early FH was a major success looking at the skinny weeks now

Arnie could be a big scorer ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

Does free hit for 31 make more sense than 35 I am wondering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

893bet wrote: »
    Does free hit for 31 make more sense than 35 I am wondering?

Doubtful I can see most people having 3 Liverpool, Wilson and Shaqiri, and the other games have no stand out defenders so Few clean sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What are the confirmed fixtures for 31 at the mo lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What are the confirmed fixtures for 31 at the mo lads?

Bournemouth vs West Brom
    Huddersfield vs Crystal Palace
    Liverpool vs Watford
    Stoke vs Everton

If I still had FH I'd be nearly tempted to play it in a DGW or the thank he at this point
    The skinny weeks are easily manageable as it stands .......
    In fact even next week triple spurs pool and leicster could be a tactic........

If I still had FH I'd be nearly tempted to play it in a DGW or the thank he at this point
    The skinny weeks are easily manageable as it stands .......

That's what I'm now thinking. It would mean BB in a sgw.

That's what I'm now thinking. It would mean BB in a sgw.

Or TC Salah

Or TC Salah

No I'm going to TC a dgw player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Final gw?

Advertisement