Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Final gw?

Yes damn autocorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Having an awful time deciding if Mane or Van Dijk is the Liverpool 3rd option I should be bringing in ahead of these plush fixtures and no blank in 31.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

CSF wrote: »
    Having an awful time deciding if Mane or Van Dijk is the Liverpool 3rd option I should be bringing in ahead of these plush fixtures and no blank in 31.

Think I am going to get Mane in,all he was missing was that bit of confidence and is a nice differential to have.I have VVD and hasn't done much really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think I am going to get Mane in,all he was missing was that bit of confidence and is a nice differential to have.I have VVD and hasn't done much really.
    My worry is that if I go Van Dijk, I keep Hazard until GW31, if I go Mane, I keep Alonso.

So it’s kind of a Hazard/Van Dijk, Mane/Alonso choice. And that isn’t an easy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thinking of Ogbonna and Lingard out to Bauer and Deulofeu this week have 2fts)

Then bank in 29 & 30 to help with the 31 squad

Currently have
    DeGea Elliot
    Gomez Mee Ota Ogbonna Tomkins
    Lingard Salah Sterling Walcott Milli
    Kun Kane Wilson

Any one any other suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If I could afford Mane I’d buy him in a heart beat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Is that lad still doing the online spreadsheet where you can see everything together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is that lad still doing the online spreadsheet where you can see everything together?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Xniaw-tEEiXoyqbGZLzMx6XEcv9TLolfa8GzndvTPw/htmlview?sle=true#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

He's doing nearly hourly updates on Twitter at this stage...just search for Ben Crelin.

He's making appearances soon as well on a couple of FPL podcasts afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cartman78 wrote: »

He's doing nearly hourly updates on Twitter at this stage...just search for Ben Crelin.

He's making appearances soon as well on a couple of FPL podcasts afaik
    Never listened to a FPL podcast, any goods ones? Can imagine its the sort of thing that people could ramble on about on about for too long and over-analyse everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Never listened to a FPL podcast, any goods ones? Can imagine its the sort of thing that people could ramble on about on about for too long and over-analyse everything

That's kind of it in a nutshell. An hour talking and what can be summed up (and generally followed easier) in an online article (again of which there are plenty around).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think I've got my plans more or less sorted. Will mean fielding a mere 7 (+Quaner) for gw28, with the plan that I'll more than make up for it in subsequent gws. More than likely then BB in gw34 and TC in gw37. I won't exclusively be loading up on doublers though. I'll have some single game players in there with good fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I listened to the Scout one a couple of times and that's it in a nutshell. When the novelty of hearing people discuss what I normally read online goes away, there wasn't anything new to learn beyond what I read here. And it went on for an hour and felt more unstructured than what it should be.

km79 wrote: »
    All going well I'll have a keeper for the skinny weeks (Hennessy) and a keeper with one dgw (Adrian )
    Be nice if that's little bit of planning works out. Lot can happen yet though..........

Well I well and truly ****in jinxed that didn't I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Looking long term, who would you drop? Otamendi or Alonso? Have 5 other players not playing GW 31, but thinking of taking the free hit for it, as dont want to lose many more potential DGW players. Have a further 5 more with that GW off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Looking long term, who would you drop? Otamendi or Alonso? Have 5 other players not playing GW 31, but thinking of taking the free hit for it, as dont want to lose many more potential DGW players. Have a further 5 more with that GW off.

If you don’t have VVD I’d look at doing Otamendi out for him, City likely to leak in a few goals over the next few gameweeks whereas Alonso still has a goal or two in him before the season is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thunderdog wrote: »
    If you don’t have VVD I’d look at doing Otamendi out for him, City likely to leak in a few goals over the next few gameweeks whereas Alonso still has a goal or two in him before the season is out.

What about Davis? But then are Spurs a doubt for GW31 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Spurs v Rochdale replay 28/2

Beam me up Scotty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

If I make 4 transfers between now and game week 31 I will have 9 starters (some not great th e.g. Mariappa) and still hold on to free hit and wildcard. Would people think that would be ok. Thinking I may need free hit in 34/35

If I make 4 transfers between now and game week 31 I will have 9 starters (some not great th e.g. Mariappa) and still hold on to free hit and wildcard. Would people think that would be ok. Thinking I may need free hit in 34/35

Have 3 Liverpool and then 9 is plenty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think 8 is fine. I currently have 6 with 4 FTS. However I have no wildcard left so would rather sign future dgw players than some of the blank players available that I would be transferring out a week or two later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I have Salah, Firmino, Choupo-Moting and Pickford with a game in GW31. I'll get another Liverpool player and probably Wilson, but I'm really struggling to see who else I'd want, even with a wildcard to sort things out after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Yeah I will have 7 incl 3 Liverpool (assuming Spurs have a blank) and considering the teams/fixtures of the others anymore would leave further problems going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

Currently have seven that will play gw 31, 3 Liverpool, 2 bour, 1 stoke, 1 wat.

Gonna bank 2 transfers and bring in 2 Huddersfield for 31.

Wildcard gw 32

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anyone else planning to use the Free Hit for GW 31. That's what I had rationally planned to do at the start so I think I'm going to stick with that idea. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wilberto wrote: »
    Anyone else planning to use the Free Hit for GW 31. That's what I had rationally planned to do at the start so I think I'm going to stick with that idea. :)

Go for it if it feels right. Depends i guess somewhat on what other chips you have and how you want to use them. It's certainly not impossible to put out a very decent team for gw35 without using free hit that week. I've used both free hit and wildcard already and reckon I can field a decent gw35 team going on my current planning. My plans obviously involve players with decent gw35 fixtures but it's not that hard when you consider Liverpool and Arsenal (and probably Man City) all have an appealing fixture that week. Also the likes of Walcott and Shaqiri have a nice gw35 fixture.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

manual_man wrote:
    Go for it if it feels right. Depends i guess somewhat on what other chips you have and how you want to use them. It's certainly not impossible to put out a very decent team for gw35 without using free hit that week. I've used both free hit and wildcard already and reckon I can field a decent gw35 team going on my current planning. My plans obviously involve players with decent gw35 fixtures but it's not that hard when you consider Liverpool and Arsenal (and probably Man City) all have an appealing fixture that week. Also the likes of Walcott and Shaqiri have a nice gw35 fixture.

I still have pretty much all of my chips available. WC, FH, and TC. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wilberto wrote: »

Possibly, you've no expensive players playing so can basically pick your dream team. 3 Liverpool is a no-brainer (Salah + VVD+ Firmino/Mane), after that where do you go?

Liverpool V Watford
    Stoke V Everton
    Huddersfield V Palace
    Bournemouth V WBA

Just looking, you actually can't even make up £100m from those teams, so you can ignore prices really.

Up front, you've a few retro options, Benteke, Defoe, Sturridge, Rooney.
    Plenty of mid-priced mids, Richarlison, Zaha, Shaquiri, Siggy, Walcott
    At the back, I'd just go all-out attack with attacking defenders, Coleman, Daniels, PVA, Baines.

Something like:
    Foster
    Coleman VDV PVA
    Salah Mane Shaquiri Walcott Siggy
    Benteke, Defoe, Sturridge

You could actually make an awesome team for the 2014 season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Possibly, you've no expensive players playing so can basically pick your dream team. 3 Liverpool is a no-brainer (Salah + VVD+ Firmino/Mane), after that where do you go?

Liverpool V Watford
    Stoke V Everton
    Huddersfield V Palace
    Bournemouth V WBA

Just looking, you actually can't even make up £100m from those teams, so you can ignore prices really.

Up front, you've a few retro options, Benteke, Defoe, Sturridge, Rooney.
    Plenty of mid-priced mids, Richarlison, Zaha, Shaquiri, Siggy, Walcott
    At the back, I'd just go all-out attack with attacking defenders, Coleman, Daniels, PVA, Baines.

Something like:
    Foster
    Coleman VDV PVA
    Salah Mane Shaquiri Walcott Siggy
    Benteke, Defoe, Sturridge

You could actually make an awesome team for the 2014 season

Would that team score much more than say a 7 side with Salah,Mane,Firmino, Shaq,Wilson, best keep the FH for later I think.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote:
    Would that team score much more than say a 7 side with Salah,Mane,Firmino, Shaq,Wilson, best keep the FH for later I think.

If you're in a tight league it might make all the difference. Now, I do still have my WC available so ideally I'd use that (plus maybe BB) for the dgw to push me ahead further in the only paid league that I'm in.

Advertisement