Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

patmac wrote: »
    Would that team score much more than say a 7 side with Salah,Mane,Firmino, Shaq,Wilson, best keep the FH for later I think.
    Impossible to tell.

But if you're going to use the free hit in a regular game week (assuming you use BB and TC for a DGW), there's every chance it would backfire anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'll see when the time comes what players I have playing and what players I don't.

Personally, I'm just not seeing a use for it in the remaining weeks but then again, if the games to be rescheduled are spread out then it could definitely be of value then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just thinking about playing the Free Hit card during the skinny week GW31. In a way, it could work out brilliantly - tripling up on three teams means you're really covering all the big hitters you bring in, great chance of huge scores. Especially with Spurs and Liverpool at home to weak teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Just thinking about playing the Free Hit card during the skinny week GW31. In a way, it could work out brilliantly - tripling up on three teams means you're really covering all the big hitters you bring in, great chance of huge scores. Especially with Spurs and Liverpool at home to weak teams.

Maybe if Spurs do have a fixture but don't think anyone is predicting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Spurs will only have a game if Rochdale beat them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Spurs will only have a game if Rochdale beat them.

Ah. Scrap that so. That leaves me very very short on players that week. So there could only be 4 games in GW31? If that's the case then a WC or FH really isn't worth it that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

If the weather pans as bad as they are predicting next weekend could be bit of a right off in terms of games played so that is something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ah. Scrap that so. That leaves me very very short on players that week. So there could only be 4 games in GW31? If that's the case then a WC or FH really isn't worth it that much.

Depends on your own situation and how many players you can get for 31 without hits. If u can get 7/8 and still have wildcard it probably makes sense to hold onto FH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When are the rest of the unplayed fixtures likely to be shoehorned in at this stage? Theres currently 5 that have to be played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Juventus v Atlanta abandoned today due to snow that’s part of this Siberian weather front that’s hitting - wonder how many of next weeks games will be effected.

Played my wild card last week and have a very strong 11 all with home fixtures due out this week - will be tears if the majority of games are cancelled - but for people with all there chips left it would create some really nice DGW options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I thought the worst of the weather is supposed to hit midweek?

manual_man wrote: »
    I thought the worst of the weather is supposed to hit midweek?

Meant to last until Sat/Sun in Edinburgh so could effect some games possibly although councils have had enough warning of this so should be prepared to deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/925241/Arsenal-Manchester-City-UK-snow-forecast-postponement

"The odds have been cut from 20/1 into odds-on 1/5 that the game does not go ahead."

Oh.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/925241/Arsenal-Manchester-City-UK-snow-forecast-postponement

"The odds have been cut from 20/1 into odds-on 1/5 that the game does not go ahead."

Happy days. Only had a doubtful sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Probably works in city's favour, sure they haven't had as long a rest as arsenal having only played in the Cup final last Sunday.

J Ling first sub :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thursday is meant to be the worst of it so I'd be very surprised if it goes ahead

Wonder would they move it to GW 31 seeing as both them and Arsenal have blanks, and are out also out of the cup?

If that's the case I hope it goes ahead tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I found this strange so ....

https://www.paddypower.com/special-bets/weather-specials

Very probable to go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    If that's the case I hope it goes ahead tomorrow night

I hope its postponed, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Probably works in city's favour, sure they haven't had as long a rest as arsenal having only played in the Cup final last Sunday.

I see what you did there :cool:

@BenCrellin: There could still be one dramatic twist...
    There's definitely a chance that ARS vs MCI could be snowed off tomorrow night. If that happens, it would probably be rescheduled to GW31 because Arsenal & Man City are two of the five teams who don't have a PL or FA Cup fixture in GW31.

With my free hit played and no city players this would not be ideal to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Really hope it is postponed!

Have Glenn Murray sitting on 12 as first sub and Sterling will probably see 10 minutes off of the bench IRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Ill be gutted if its called off... I have triple City :(

This is the kind of luck you can’t buy.

On two occasions this season (can’t specifically remember either without using too much energy) a highly owned player missed out only for big points to come off the bench, on both occasions, from players that you wouldn’t expect it from.

I’m really really hope this game goes ahead.

Ideally Sterling would get the final 10 minutes but I wouldn’t begrudge his owners if he started.

Friend in London said it's fine there at moment

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Friend in London said it's fine there at moment

If we go by bookies odds then it will most likely go ahead.

Advertisement