Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I've my FH, BB and TC left. I've been sort of planning ahead for GW31 so I should be able to field 7 players which seems grand.

Is it GW34 then that will have several teams playing twice? And GW35 will only have about 6 or 7 games?

If it is then I'm thinking that once we know the teams that will have a game in GW35 I can start gearing my transfers towards making sure I have 10/11 players for that week.

And use my FH and BB in GW34 for the double game week when I can fill it with 15 players (well 12 or 13 anyways) players that will play twice so that I can really maximise the bench boost.

Can leave the TC then for whatever week the teams that don't play in 35 make up the match again.

That approach seems logical enough to me but on reading the last few pages it doesn't seem like anyone else is doing this?

Surely combining FH and BB is a logical step in a double game week as you can get the maximum amount possible of players playing twice?

Or is there something obvious I've missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

I've my FH, BB and TC left. I've been sort of planning ahead for GW31 so I should be able to field 7 players which seems grand.

Is it GW34 then that will have several teams playing twice? And GW35 will only have about 6 or 7 games?

If it is then I'm thinking that once we know the teams that will have a game in GW35 I can start gearing my transfers towards making sure I have 10/11 players for that week.

And use my FH and BB in GW34 for the double game week when I can fill it with 15 players (well 12 or 13 anyways) players that will play twice so that I can really maximise the bench boost.

Can leave the TC then for whatever week the teams that don't play in 35 make up the match again.

That approach seems logical enough to me but on reading the last few pages it doesn't seem like anyone else is doing this?

Surely combining FH and BB is a logical step in a double game week as you can get the maximum amount possible of players playing twice?

You can only play 1 chip per game week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

One chip per gameweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Non Wilcard or Free-Hit Holders

Only BB and TC left myself.

Currently have 10 players that will be playing GW31. One more this week will give me 11 GW31 starters then bank the free transfer for GW31 leaving me with 2 to play in GW32. The following weeks will look like this
    [B]Gameweek	31 32 33 34[/B]
    GW31 players 	11 09 08 07
    DGW34 players	04 06 07 08(4 point hit)

The 3 players I will start in GW34 that don't have a Double that week will be Van Dijk, Salah and Firmino who are home to Bournemouth.

That's the plan at the moment. The likes of Stoke, Watford and Pool who don't have a DGW34 are guaranteed a game in GW35 so I should be able to get close to a full 11 that week too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rikand wrote: »
    Any reason to WC in 32 over 33. I was thinking of waiting to 33 so I'd have more up to date info on players before the dgw.

Could wildcard some dgwers in 32 and they'd be injured by 33

The crap players we have all brought in for GW31 have poor fixtures in GW32. You can also bank a transfer in 33 and react to injuries and team news in 34 with 2 FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If I play my FH for GW31, or what ever week, does my team automatically revert back to the orriginal team, as soon as the GW is finished?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    If I play my FH for GW31, or what ever week, does my team automatically revert back to the orriginal team, as soon as the GW is finished?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

F1ngers wrote: »

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but sounds like if I FH for GW 31, it will revert back to the orriginal team on the GW32 deadline line. Will I be able to see the orriginal team then after the the GW31 deadline.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

Currently have 10 players that will be playing GW31. One more this week will give me 11 GW31 starters then bank the free transfer for GW31 leaving me with 2 to play in GW32. The following weeks will look like this

The 3 players I will start in GW34 that don't have a Double that week will be Van Dijk, Salah and Firmino who are home to Bournemouth.

That's the plan at the moment. The likes of Stoke, Watford and Pool who don't have a DGW34 are guaranteed a game in GW35 so I should be able to get close to a full 11 that week too.

You will end up with a lot of crap players in 32/33/34 just to field 11 in 31. Very short terms

I'd leave it at 10 if you have ten and bank the transfer or start setting up a bench player for the following weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Maybe I am reading it wrong, but sounds like if I FH for GW 31, it will revert back to the orriginal team on the GW32 deadline line. Will I be able to see the orriginal team then after the the GW31 deadline.

:confused:

If you were to use you're FH now, the next deadline is 11:30 on the 10th.
    Unlimited transfers between now and then.

That's when your team will revert.

• Advertisement

Only have BB and TC too
    Currently have
    Hennessy
    VVd shawcross (if he gets his place back )
    Salah Shawcross doucoure
    Firmino Wilson
    I'll add one more MAX
    Possibly a huddersfield defender as chilwell won't be guaranteed to play in both games of dgw anyway so may as well sell
    I'll be carrying a FT for 32
    I'll only make a transfer between now and 31 as I'd lose it otherwise

I don't think my BB is going to be very effective either in 34 tbh
    I'll be keeping the pool lads but not the rest bar hennessy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Here’s what I’m doing

9/10 players in 31
    WC in 32 with DGW 34 in Mind
    BB or TC in 34
    FH in 35
    BB or TC in 37

My head is melted trying to work out my plan, but it is pretty much this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Plan sorted for next few gw bar wc team.
    Gw 31 10 players no hits
    Foster
    Van dijk daniels pva (one week punt)
    Salah shaq walcot milov
    Firm and maybe king
    Adrian otam kane sterling mbemba
    Gw32 king for aguero- decent gw32 team with otam kane sterling coming in. And wc
    Gw 34 bb 12 dgw plus salah and van dijk maybe firmino
    Gw 35 fh
    Gw 37 tc
    Should leave me a strong finish with some wiggle room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Plan at moment also is
    8-9 GW31 and hope to gain 15-20 points
    Gw32 Wildcard with 34-36 in mind
    Gw33 bank
    Gw 34 BB
    GW35 FH
    GW36-37 TC

At moment holding out for TC on Kane or Son.
    Going to avoid it on Man City player as majority would have Augero Sterling etc captain anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ps
    I assume after FA Cup weekend / CL games the first DGW will be confirmed???

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Ps
    I assume after FA Cup weekend / CL games the first DGW will be confirmed???

BGW31 ❄️- FA Cup QFs

New dates should be announced on or around Monday, March 19th.

DGW34 �� - most likely destination for GW31 Blanks
    BGW35 ❄️- FA Cup SFs
    DGW37 ��- most likely destination for GW35 Blanks

@BenCrellin

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jotting this down mostly for myself, but some may also find it useful.

As I only have FH and BB left (screw you Harry Kane) I'm in a slightly tricky position. My plan is to manage GW31 as best I can while building for a BB GW34. I'll then FH GW35 I think.

Squad atm is:

Pickford Coleman
    VVD Bavies Mawson Tomkins Mbemba
    Salah Sterling Ramsey Shaqiri McArthur
    Kane Firmino Wilson

£3m ITB.

So that is 8 starters for BGW31, 5 starters for DGW34, and two non-starters.

I'm happy enough to have 8 for BGW31 I think, so doing some quik maffs, I have 5 FTs before DGW34 which will bring me up to 10 players with two games. I'm aiming for 12 double gameweekers and 3 Liverpool, so looking at a total cost of -8.

With all this in mind, I think my transfers for the next two weeks will be to upgrade my two non-starters to double GWers. I can then go full steam ahead dropping the players that have played in GW31 afterwards.

Looking at the double GW fixtures I imagine I will be loading up on Chelsea and Utd, but that will become clearer a bit closer to the time, I'm happy enough for now to have a bit of a strategy for the run in to the season. As usual my aim is top 10k, currently @ 124k so a bit of work to be done.

EDIT: Of course, this is all with the assumption that CHE, MUN, TOT, BHA, LEI, SOT, ARS, MCI, BUR, NEW, SWA, and WHM are the teams with a DGW34, which could all change.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Jotting this down mostly for myself, but some may also find it useful.

As I only have FH and BB left (screw you Harry Kane) I'm in a slightly tricky position. My plan is to manage GW31 as best I can while building for a BB GW34. I'll then FH GW35 I think.

Squad atm is:

Pickford Coleman
    VVD Bavies Mawson Tomkins Mbemba
    Salah Sterling Ramsey Shaqiri McArthur
    Kane Firmino Wilson

£3m ITB.

So that is 8 starters for BGW31, 5 starters for DGW34, and two non-starters.

I'm happy enough to have 8 for BGW31 I think, so doing some quik maffs, I have 5 FTs before DGW34 which will bring me up to 10 players with two games. I'm aiming for 12 double gameweekers and 3 Liverpool, so looking at a total cost of -8.

With all this in mind, I think my transfers for the next two weeks will be to upgrade my two non-starters to double GWers. I can then go full steam ahead dropping the players that have played in GW31 afterwards.

Looking at the double GW fixtures I imagine I will be loading up on Chelsea and Utd, but that will become clearer a bit closer to the time, I'm happy enough for now to have a bit of a strategy for the run in to the season. As usual my aim is top 10k, currently @ 124k so a bit of work to be done.

EDIT: Of course, this is all with the assumption that CHE, MUN, TOT, BHA, LEI, SOT, ARS, MCI, BUR, NEW, SWA, and WHM are the teams with a DGW34, which could all change.

Much the same as what I've been doing. For those with no wildcard I think the 8 for gw 31 and 7 dgw players in place is the way to go. I think your right changing your non playing players to dgw players. I've done mbemba and rlc to naughton and alli the past few weeks over getting gw 31 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Beeeeeollix. I thought I only my three pool players for next week so I was going to use the FH. Now I've just realised my two palace lads are playing next week. That gives me 5, if I had noticed that earlier I wouldn't have wasted taking a hit this week on non-BGW players this week and stocked up.

If i had not been blind I could have at least 9 players for next week and keep the FH till GW35.

carnie wrote: »
    Beeeeeollix. I thought I only my three pool players for next week so I was going to use the FH. Now I've just realised I just realised my two palace lads are playing next week. That gives me 5, if I had noticed that earlier I wouldn't have wasted taking a hit this week on non-BGW players this week and stocked up.

If i had not been blind I could have at least 9 players for next week and keep the FH till GW35.

Who else do you REALLY want for next week though????
    Take a hit for 2 max
    Keep FH for 35

• Advertisement

Reckon it's grand to go with 7 next week?

carnie wrote: »
    Reckon it's grand to go with 7 next week?

Given the calibre of teams involved absolutely
    I have 2 FT
    I'm using one only
    And I may not even get a player for next week.

That it true. It's certainly food for thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

To free hit next week or in 35, tricky one. I have 8 for next week so I’d say that’s ok

bantee wrote: »
    To free hit next week or in 35, tricky one. I have 8 for next week so I’d say that’s ok

Much better options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I have 7 and 2 FT for next week, looking at Mane and Firmino in.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I have 7 and 2 FT for next week, looking at Mane and Firmino in.

3 pool is an absolute necessity anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've been a protagonist of using the FH in 31 previously, but I reckon I'm going to bow to yer superior knowledge and hold off for GW 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wilberto wrote: »
    I've been a protagonist of using the FH in 31 previously, but I reckon I'm going to bow to yer superior knowledge and hold off for GW 35.

You have to ask what players are you going to get on a FH next week that will nail everyone else? Other than 3 Liverpool players nobody else stands out at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dsmythy wrote: »
    You have to ask what players are you going to get on a FH next week that will nail everyone else? Other than 3 Liverpool players nobody else stands out at this time.

Yeah, that's exactly it really. And that's what KM (I think) said above as well.

At the moment I only have about five or six players (including 3 Liverpool) so I'm probably just going to stick with that! :pac:

Advertisement