Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

What happens this week's one free transfer if I play the FH? Will it carry over giving 2 FTs for GW 32?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What happens this week's one free transfer if I play the FH? Will it carry over giving 2 FTs for GW 32?

no

ShaneU wrote: »
    no

What if I make it before I activate the FH? Again I presume no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What if I make it before I activate the FH? Again I presume no

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

Surely if you make the transfer before the free hit then you keep the transfer after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

893bet wrote: »
    Surely if you make the transfer before the free hit then you keep the transfer after?

No. Your team reverts back to what it was at 11.30am yesterday.

You do not get a free transfer the week you FH.

893bet wrote: »
    I was hoping so, to let me build towards GW32, but I would think if you activate the FH, the any prior transfer made becomes part of it. I plan to test it out, although have no idea what transfer to make as we’ll get very little concrete news on Kane and Aguero this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No.

And again no
    It was also asked on another thread
    The answer is still no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just looked at my team, 8 players for GW31, now tempted to hold off the FH for GW35, do we have any idea what the most probable matches will be that week yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    just looked at my team, 8 players for GW31, now tempted to hold off the FH for GW35, do we have any idea what the most probable matches will be that week yet?

The games at West Brom Everton Arsenal Stoke and Watford are definitely being played that week. The other games have varying chances of bring played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Mint Sauce wrote: »

The Crelin Spreadsheet covers it all.
    His predicted ordered page is great.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Xniaw-tEEiXoyqbGZLzMx6XEcv9TLolfa8GzndvTPw/edit#gid=1437245538

Most of this will be locked in early after Paddy's Weekend.

FH GW35 is part of a WC strategy to maximize DGWs

You don't need to use the FH this week but if you DON'T have a WC, it could be used in a DGW perhaps.

Just activated free hit now and seeing why a lot of you guys are saying it’s a bit of a waste given the crap teams/games this weekend. Struggling to pick a team. Anyway only have 3 players without the FH, so gotta go with it. Here is my first draft:

Begovic WBA (H)
    Coleman STK (A)
    Aké WBA (H)
    Zanka CRY (H)
    Zaha HUD (A)
    Walcott STK (A)
    Mané WAT (H)
    Salah(C) WAT (H)
    Tosun STK (A)
    Wilson WBA (H)
    Firmino WAT (H)

All in a Liverpool front 3, but if they do get a 2/3 nil win the front 3 could easily get 20 points, which could be huge in this game week. The rest of the team I don’t know. Probably too much Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just activated free hit now and seeing why a lot of you guys are saying it’s a bit of a waste given the crap teams/games this weekend. Struggling to pick a team. Anyway only have 3 players without the FH, so gotta go with it. Here is my first draft:

Begovic WBA (H)
    Coleman STK (A)
    Aké WBA (H)
    Zanka CRY (H)
    Zaha HUD (A)
    Walcott STK (A)
    Mané WAT (H)
    Salah(C) WAT (H)
    Tosun STK (A)
    Wilson WBA (H)
    Firmino WAT (H)

All in a Liverpool front 3, but if they do get a 2/3 nil win the front 3 could easily get 20 points, which could be huge in this game week. The rest of the team I don’t know. Probably too much Everton

If you only have 3 players you are right to FH. Most will have 3 liverpool so thats not what will get you gains. Mane is the one that could make the difference for you. Id be looking to get in baines(pens). Id probably get stanislas and shaqiri aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Good call on Tosun, in a bit of form - what about Van Aanholt?

If you only have 3 players you are right to FH. Most will have 3 liverpool so thats not what will get you gains. Mane is the one that could make the difference for you. Id be looking to get in baines(pens). Id probably get stanislas and shaqiri aswell

Ya changed to Baines after posting.
    For sure most will have 3 pool players but unless your on a FH, I doubt many will have the Mané, Salah & Firmino combo. So hoping it’s a bit of an advantage over say having 2 of the front 3 and going with a pool defender. The more I type the more I’m overthinking this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

budgemook wrote: »
    Good call on Tosun, in a bit of form - what about Van Aanholt?

ye pva another good one. Id go lossl over begovic and pva instead of zanka. Double bournemouth defence isnt ideal.

ye pva another good one. Id go lossl over begovic and pva instead of zanka. Double bournemouth defence isnt ideal.
    Good point, better to spread it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

After having previously thought that I would wait till gw 33 to wildcard, I did a mock wildcard and I would only have 3 of my current team left anywhere near it, so the time to go is definitely in 6 days time.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    After having previously thought that I would wait till gw 33 to wildcard, I did a mock wildcard and I would only have 3 of my current team left anywhere near it, so the time to go is definitely in 6 days time.

I was just looking at what my GW32 starting 11 would look like taking this week's presumed transfers into account and I don't mind the team. A transfer and a hit to get two potential high scorers in and it looks better again. So I'm suddenly thinking the opposite of you and stretching my WC out to 33 instead of 32. Now I'm redoubting myself....

dsmythy wrote: »
    I was just looking at what my GW32 starting 11 would look like taking this week's presumed transfers into account and I don't mind the team. A transfer and a hit to get two potential high scorers in and it looks better again. So I'm suddenly thinking the opposite of you and stretching my WC out to 33 instead of 32. Now I'm redoubting myself....

Yup it's very tempting to delay to WC GW33.

For me I guess the big advantage is the weeks extra info/one less week so better BB touch wood and hopefully seeing my rivals WCs but am I fooling myself?

If I go for WC GW33 I can justify a -4 this week but will my team in GW32 be competitive (enough) against the WCers?

ElTel wrote: »

Yup it's very tempting to delay to WC GW33.

For me I guess the big advantage is the weeks extra info/one less week so better BB touch wood and hopefully seeing my rivals WCs but am I fooling myself?

If I go for WC GW33 I can justify a -4 this week but will my team in GW32 be competitive (enough) against the WCers?

Yeah that's the crux isn't it. Not helping that I've 2FT this week. Could save one and do three transfers for a -4 going into GW32.

Will likely wait until GW31 ends imagine a wildcard team and compare it to my team+2 transfers for a -4.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah that's the crux isn't it. Not helping that I've 2FT this week. Could save one and do three transfers for a -4 going into GW32.

Will likely wait until GW31 ends imagine a wildcard team and compare it to my team+2 transfers for a -4.

2FT as well.
    Had not considered doing the hit next week.
    I'm considering Auba in a week early for Kane (say) and lots more besides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Note: international break after gw31 so there's still the possibility of some players that don't play in gw31 picking up an injury on international duty in advance of gw32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

manual_man wrote: »
    Note: international break after gw31 so there's still the possibility of some players that don't play in gw31 picking up an injury on international duty in advance of gw32

Had forgotten that, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Was going to leave my FH until GW 35 but now I think I might go with it this week. My reason being as it stands I'll have 5 players for this week (could bring this to 6 with my transfer) because there's only 4 games on this week.

There surely should be 6 or 7 games on in GW35 shouldn't there? So it should be easy enough for me to get 10 or 11 players playing hopefully.

So surely its better to have 11 this week plus a solid bench if needs be by using my free hit and then having 10/11 for GW35 than going with 6 this week just so I'll 11 players with better fixtures in GW35.

Seems to me like I'm essentially choosing between having 22 players guaranteed between the two weeks (with not perfect fixtures in GW 35) and having 17 players with perfect GW35 fixtures.

Any thoughts?

For the record I have 3 Liverpool players at the moment.

Edit: Just thinking now would I better off just playing the FH in the DGW to maximise my number of players playing twice? I don't have my WC but have all other chips left.

@FFScout: Further reports state that Harry Kane will be sidelined until May with the ankle injury sustained at Bournemouth on Sunday https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-hot-shot-harry-kane-12181336
    Thought his season was more or less as soon as I seen it
    Won't be putting TC on him even if he is back for 37 now
    TC going to be a tricky one
    Salah a live option for me now
    Still thinking of TC him in 34 as his captaincy will be very low ........would have an extra few weeks to build for BB too but more potential for dead rubbers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Was going to leave my FH until GW 35 but now I think I might go with it this week. My reason being as it stands I'll have 5 players for this week (could bring this to 6 with my transfer) because there's only 4 games on this week.

There surely should be 6 or 7 games on in GW35 shouldn't there? So it should be easy enough for me to get 10 or 11 players playing hopefully.

So surely its better to have 11 this week plus a solid bench if needs be by using my free hit and then having 10/11 for GW35 than going with 6 this week just so I'll 11 players with better fixtures in GW35.

Seems to me like I'm essentially choosing between having 22 players guaranteed between the two weeks (with not perfect fixtures in GW 35) and having 17 players with perfect GW35 fixtures.

Any thoughts?

For the record I have 3 Liverpool players at the moment.

Edit: Just thinking now would I better off just playing the FH in the DGW to maximise my number of players playing twice? I don't have my WC but have all other chips left.

If you don't have your WC left, I'd definitely hold off until the DGW to use FH. Just look at one of the posters above you. He has activated FH this GW and is struggling to find a team he is happy with. Now, he has a WC left so it's not so bad for him, but in your case I'd definitely hold off personally. :):)

• Advertisement

Lukaku is now back in the mix

Advertisement