Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Lukaku is now back in the mix

He could be a good TC option in GW34 for anyone with the cojones to BB as late as GW37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    He could be a good TC option in GW34 for anyone with the cojones to BB as late as GW37.

It would give me more time to build up a bench......but so much can go wrong by then
    And it's lukaku !
    One game is against city
    I'll stick with BB

It would give me more time to build up a bench......but so much can go wrong by then
    And it's lukaku !
    One game is against city
    I'll stick with BB

No it’s not. It’s potentially WBA at home and West Ham away.

Interested now? :)

No it’s not. It’s potentially WBA at home and West Ham away.

Interested now? :)

Its starting to smell a bit like the Andy Carroll TC.

Its starting to smell a bit like the Andy Carroll TC.

For all Lukakus flaws, he’s always been a flat track bully and both WBA and West Ham are awful.

If Kane isn’t back, there aren’t too many other TC options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

When do GW32 transfers Open?

Is it during GW31 yeah? I think I have my WC team planned out.

FitzShane wrote: »
    When do GW32 transfers Open?

Is it during GW31 yeah? I think I have my WC team planned out.

As soon as the GW31 deadline passes at 2pm on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:
    As soon as the GW31 deadline passes at 2pm on Saturday.

Brace yourself.

The Gw32 wildcards are coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Right time to get serious :cool:

I printed off the Ben Crelin spreadsheet last night and started scribbling around the margins.

Early musings:

1) WC next week, BB in 34 and TC in 37
    2) Gonna try to go with a DDG/Fabianski combo
    3) Aubameyang seems the only viable Arsenal option
    4) Chelsea :confused: Giroud would be tempting if nailed on and not possibly injured...he was a major factor in my 200+ pointer in the DGW last year
    5) Liverpool - Salah & Robertson
    6) City - Sane/Jesus
    7) Kennedy
    8) Gross from Brighton
    9) Vardez
    10) Bavies and Son
    11) Burnley defender

Obviously haven't priced out any of that so it's merely a high level wish list at this stage.

Contemplating TC on Lukaku, Mahrez or Son

Cartman78 wrote: »

I printed off the Ben Crelin spreadsheet last night and started scribbling around the margins.

Early musings:

4) Chelsea :confused: Giroud would be tempting if nailed on and not possibly injured...he was a major factor in my 200+ pointer in the DGW last year
    6) City - Sane/Jesus
    7) Kennedy
    8) Gross

1. Who is your GW37 TC? I *think* your approach makes sense, and am likely to follow it, but I don't see a lot of discussion around TC 34 and BB 37. Are we considering all options? If Kane isn't right for GW37, whats the back up plan?
    2. For a GW32 WC, I think this is a popular option, but you won't have a GW35 keeper - or it will be Fabianski at City :o
    3. Agreed
    4. Hard to know what Conte is going to do week to week. Giroud is a punt, Hazard very expensive for inconsistent returns. Willian would be an option but prone to rotation (even if he shouldn't be)
    5. At a minimum. For a GW34 BB I'd consider a 3rd Liverpool - home to Bournemouth.
    6. Sane or Sterling. Jesus and Aguero will share game time.
    7 and 8. I'd certainly have one, maybe not both unless money is tight.
    9. At least 1
    10. Yes to Son, no to Ben Davies. Rose and himself will get a game each in the DGWs
    11. Definitely

Your TC options look good BUT - Man U could have secured Top 4 and be preparing for a cup final. Leicester could just be playing out the season and 9 of Sons 12 goals have been at Wembley - he has 2 away games in DGW37. I'm sure at least one will be a viable option, but I'm still considering a GW34 TC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Early musings:

6) City - Sane/Jesus
    7) Kennedy
    8) Gross from Brighton
    9) Vardez
    10) Bavies and Son
    11) Burnley defender

Obviously haven't priced out any of that so it's merely a high level wish list at this stage.

Contemplating TC on Lukaku, Mahrez or Son

Not sure I have all my chips this late on in the Season before. Thinking TC my self for GW 37, thats on Kane asuming he is back. WC GW32, FH GW35, and BB also in GW34.

For the WC, if Jesus stays fit, it will probably be him over Aguero, costs wont allow anyway. Will probably have to drop Firmino to get Jesus and Kane as well, although will work Kane back in nearer his return date, leaving funds to do so. Maguire to Davis, even though both have DGWs.

But looking at that spread sheet again, with two DGWs, and so many involved, the WC is going to be an absolute head scratcher!

Cheers for the replies lads - working out my notice at work at the minute so will be doing much much much deeper dives into the options in the coming days :cool:

re: Keepers - Karius might be on the radar too I guess; and the new Newcastle keeper perhaps....but it's hard to look past Fabianski tbh...EVE and SOU at home for the DGW

I think the key will be managing assets from the likes of Chelsea, City and ManU....swore I'd never own a Chelsea player again after being stuck with Hazard and Morata for an eternity earlier this season.

First draft:

DDG | Fabianski

Duffy | Mee | Azpi | Robertson | Smalling

Kenedy | Salah | Son | Ki | Sterling

Lukaku | Aubameyang | Murray

Not bad but deffo a few kinks to be ironed out....no Leicester and have never had any luck owning Sterling.

Murray, despite not great fixtures, has Double DGW Hero written all over him :pac::pac::pac:

First draft:

DDG | Fabianski

Duffy | Mee | Azpi | Robertson | Smalling

Kenedy | Salah | Son | Ki | Sterling

Lukaku | Aubameyang | Murray

Not bad but deffo a few kinks to be ironed out....no Leicester and have never had any luck owning Sterling.

Murray, despite not great fixtures, has Double DGW Hero written all over him :pac::pac::pac:

Not a bad starting point.

However, and this isn't a criticism of you, anyone without a FH in GW35 has massive problems with a WC32, BB34, TC37 approach.

You are fine for DGW34 (barring injuries) with 13DGWers and 2 Liverpool, but (if my calculations are correct), you will have:
    - 8 for GW35, including Fabianski and Ki away to City
    - 7 with 2 games in DGW37 (Salah is at Chelsea)

Obviously you can increase your GW35 contingent by using your FT(s), but any player you transfer out has a DGW37!

As I say, its not a criticism of you, its a problem we all face, so getting the balance correct will be tricky.

Not a bad starting point.

However, and this isn't a criticism of you, anyone without a FH in GW35 has massive problems with a WC32, BB34, TC37 approach.

You are fine for DGW34 (barring injuries) with 13DGWers and 2 Liverpool, but (if my calculations are correct), you will have:
    - 8 for GW35, including Fabianski and Ki away to City
    - 7 with 2 games in DGW37 (Salah is at Chelsea)

Obviously you can increase your GW35 contingent by using your FT(s), but any player you transfer out has a DGW37!

As I say, its not a criticism of you, its a problem we all face, so getting the balance correct will be tricky.

Try having no WC or BB............I'll have a big decision to make after this week which route to go
    There are a couple of TC options in 34 .......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If I had all my chips I'd be looking at wildcard 32 bb 33 tc 34 fh 37. Set yourself up for gw 34 and 35 with wildcard. BB isn't that valuable a chip and can be used in a sgw. You could then FH in 37 eleven dgw players with up to date info just beforehand.
    I have no wildcard but am strongly considering a sgw BB , gw 34 TC and gw 37 FH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If I had all my chips I'd be looking at wildcard 32 bb 33 tc 34 fh 37. Set yourself up for gw 34 and 35 with wildcard. BB isn't that valuable a chip and can be used in a sgw. You could then FH in 37 eleven dgw players with up to date info just beforehand.
    I have no wildcard but am strongly considering a sgw BB , gw 34 TC and gw 37 FH.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree. My bench boost played in the last couple of seasons during a double game week has reaped massive rewards

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'd have to disagree. My bench boost played in the last couple of seasons during a double game week has reaped massive rewards

Your BB or your overall score in that dgw. Do you remember how many points your actual bench got. I think I got 21 from my sgw BB last year.

Your BB or your overall score in that dgw. Do you remember how many points your actual bench got. I think I got 21 from my sgw BB last year.

I looked up last years dgw thread. You got 163 with 25 pts from BB. So your BB score was good. Other scores given that gw 166(10 from BB), 188 (15 from BB), and 201( 15 from BB). With a big dgw people must remember that most are using two chips that should give you a boost, the wildcard and a bench boost and then the fact they have a load of players playing twice and a captain. You more than likely are going to make gains, however other people will have more than likely made gains on you when they deployed the wildcard or used the BB. A lot of the time the BB players you will have will fail to play twice although it should be a bit easier this year as the big dgw is earlier in the season than last year. The FH for me is the most valuable chip as it has the potential to give you the biggest boost.

So this morning I faced a very difficult choice.....invest yet more time slogging through my notice period, handing over tasks I no longer care about to colleagues who have no interest in taking them on...

Or....I could put my talents to use and flute about with an add-on to Ben Crelin's much vaunted DGW planning file :D

So what I've come up with is the following (will be of most use to Wildcarders I think but might be useful for all hopefully):

Based on the Crelin fixture file, I've added another sheet called 'Team' to the file attached.

This will allow you to enter your squad in Column C and see their respective fixtures from now until the end of the season.

Note: the player name doesn't need to be official here so DDG, Bavies, TPT etc. won't cause any errors.

The key thing to get right is the three letter team code (CHE, TOT etc.) in Column D) which will pull the data from the other sheet. Any typos or spaces will screw with the lookups.

Perhaps the handiest feature is on Row 21 which will show you the count of GW players for each week.

Not ground-breaking I know but might save some manual work and headaches...would be great to have the full player database with values available.

There's no controls in place in relation to position (eg. picking 3 keepers won't show as an error) or teams (eg. 4 from the same team) so bear that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

So this morning I faced a very difficult choice.....invest yet more time slogging through my notice period, handing over tasks I no longer care about to colleagues who have no interest in taking them on...

Or....I could put my talents to use and flute about with an add-on to Ben Crelin's much vaunted DGW planning file :D

So what I've come up with is the following (will be of most use to Wildcarders I think but might be useful for all hopefully):

Based on the Crelin fixture file, I've added another sheet called 'Team' to the file attached.

This will allow you to enter your squad in Column C and see their respective fixtures from now until the end of the season.

Note: the player name doesn't need to be official here so DDG, Bavies, TPT etc. won't cause any errors.

The key thing to get right is the three letter team code (CHE, TOT etc.) in Column D) which will pull the data from the other sheet. Any typos or spaces will screw with the lookups.

Perhaps the handiest feature is on Row 21 which will show you the count of GW players for each week.

Not ground-breaking I know but might be save some manual work and headaches...would be great to have the full player database with values available.

There's no controls in place in relation to position (eg. picking 3 keepers won't show as an error) or teams (eg. 4 from the same team) so bear that in mind.

That's fantastic. Simple and really useful if you're wildcarding.

Fair play for sharing.

elefant wrote: »
    That's fantastic. Simple and really useful if you're wildcarding.

Fair play for sharing.

Cool - thanks for the feedback.

I've probably been a net taker rather than a contributor on here over the years so happy to give something back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Cool - thanks for the feedback.

I've probably been a net taker rather than a contributor on here over the years so happy to give something back

Nice excel work with the nested IF Statement.

I never use my excel work for FPL wasting my skills I have learned in work over the years.

Best of luck with your new job and the difficult notice period ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not ground-breaking I know but might save some manual work and headaches...would be great to have the full player database with values available.

Nice one!

That is an invaluable resource Cartman. And one that we didn't have before. Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

That is an invaluable resource Cartman. And one that we didn't have before. Thanks a million

Where can i access the file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Where can i access the file?

5 or 5 posts up, it's attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

5 or 5 posts up, it's attached.

D'oh

Sorry to be that guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

That's fantastic Cartman. I am always in awe of anyone who can do stuff like that.

• Advertisement

That's fantastic Cartman. I am always in awe of anyone who can do stuff like that.

Cheers....it's undoubtedly the most useful (and appreciated) 'work' I've done in about 18 months ;)

Advertisement