Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Quick question- if you have used FH earlier in season....and have WC,BB and TC left to use what is the likely best order in which to use them..( if there is one)?....thanks for any replies/opinions.

If it helps current squad is
    Fab/Speroni
    Mariappa Francis Robertson Davies Fernandez
    Walcott Salah Doucoure Shaqiri Surman
    Aguero Firmino Vardy.

Prob only 6/7 starters for GW31 but I don’t think that it was worth getting any more players in for it.

Thanks for any ideas/feedback.

Ps thanks Cartman for all the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Wilson dropped himself from his own fpl team .... hmmmmmmm

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/644959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

COH wrote: »
    Wilson dropped himself from his own fpl team .... hmmmmmmm

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/644959

That was last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Benimar wrote: »
    That was last week.

My bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Great work Cartman!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Great work Cartman, I am assuming Arnie the Liverpool midefielder is actually Salah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great work Cartman, I am assuming Arnie the Liverpool midefielder is actually Salah?

Haha....good spot..I'll have to get on to the beta testing team about that one ;-)

Actually just realised that all of the fixtures aren't confirmed 100% (?).....if yer man Crelin makes any changes I'll update my file and reissue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nice work Cartman. See what I've been missing!!

Any debate about a DGW37 free hit plan hereabouts? Something I think is a great option for those with no TC. Better upside that BGW35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FHFC wrote: »

Any debate about a DGW37 free hit plan hereabouts? Something I think is a great option for those with no TC. Better upside that BGW35.

Depends on how many teams still have something to play for at that stage. This season I'd say the odds are that more teams will, going by the closeness of both the top 4 race and all the teams currently in danger of relegation. A better idea will be had by the time gw35 rolls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Haha....good spot..I'll have to get on to the beta testing team about that one ;-)

Actually just realised that all of the fixtures aren't confirmed 100% (?).....if yer man Crelin makes any changes I'll update my file and reissue

This concerns me, anyone know when everything becomes official?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Depends on how many teams still have something to play for at that stage. This season I'd say the odds are that more teams will, going by the closeness of both the top 4 race and all the teams currently in danger of relegation. A better idea will be had by the time gw35 rolls around.

Yeah that's part of my reasoning. Gonna be very hard to set yourself up for a good DGW37 team if wildcarding in 33, with all those factors being unknown, and especially with only 2 free transfers to transition from your DGW34 team if using Free hit in BGW35.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »

We're waiting on the confirmed fixtures. :o

I just can't see past the idea of maximizing 34,35, (36) 37 even if you don't have the TC.

Busts still has the alternatives.

ElTel wrote: »

I just can't see past the idea of maximizing 34,35, (36) 37 even if you don't have the TC.

I’m taking a serious look at TC34, 35, WC36 and BB37. Will need a bit of luck with injuries etc to avoid using my WC till GW36, but I’m having trouble (with no FH) fielding a respectable team in 35 if I WC for a BB34

I can get a half decent GW35 team, but I’d be very short of DGW players in 37 then.

I’m banking a FT this week and if the rescheduled fixtures fall nicely I might hold off on the WC as late as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't be too surprised if one of the cancelled gw 35 games gets moved to the Thursday of gw35 for TV purposes to give us one less dgw37.

I wouldn't be too surprised if one of the cancelled gw 35 games gets moved to the Thursday of gw35 for TV purposes to give us one less dgw37.

I’m not sure about that. Arsenal could have a EL semi final that night. Can’t see a league game being put up against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    I’m not sure about that. Arsenal could have a EL semi final that night. Can’t see a league game being put up against it.

Ye I was thinking about that being an issue. I just wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a surprise fixture somewhere along the line to get an extra telivesed fixture. Its been made easier with Chelsea,utd and spurs all going out of Europe.

ElTel wrote: »

I posted a thread on Twitter on the FH37 option.

Maximising 37 with only two transfer from 34 is hard based on projected fixtures.

https://twitter.com/trevg1977/status/974274368942592000?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

So WC now is the popular choice? I need to anyway as the team is in bits. Kun, Kane, Francis all injured, non playing Gomez, Bauer and Choupo, and bad fixtures for rest of the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

bantee wrote: »
    So WC now is the popular choice? I need to anyway as the team is in bits. Kun, Kane, Francis all injured, non playing Gomez, Bauer and Choupo, and bad fixtures for rest of the team

That's an easy decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

First draft:

DDG | Fabianski

Duffy | Mee | Azpi | Robertson | Smalling

Kenedy | Salah | Son | Ki | Sterling

Lukaku | Aubameyang | Murray

Wildcard activated....gone with the squad above as too tired to looking at alternatives at the minute.

0.000000m in the bank.

Gonna BB in GW34 and waste my TC sometime after that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Swapped out Kane for Auba on the app to avoid any more price drops!

Will probably WC some time in the next two weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

When are we expecting the DGW fixtures to be confirmed?

I had it in my head that I had another week to think about WC'ing, then banking a transfer in GW33 to carry 2 into GW34 for bench boost.

My eye has been well and truly off the ball of late, myself and Mick have even lost all interest in Price Changes as well.

Leaning towards holding the WC until fixtures are confirmed. I'm guessing they'll be confirmed soon though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »
    When are we expecting the DGW fixtures to be confirmed?

I had it in my head that I had another week to think about WC'ing, then banking a transfer in GW33 to carry 2 into GW34 for bench boost.

My eye has been well and truly off the ball of late, myself and Mick have even lost all interest in Price Changes as well.

Leaning towards holding the WC until fixtures are confirmed. I'm guessing they'll be confirmed soon though?

Monday hopefully

km79 wrote: »
    Monday hopefully

Cheers.

Will likely pull the trigger soon so.. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Wildcard activated....gone with the squad above as too tired to looking at alternatives at the minute.

0.000000m in the bank.

Gonna BB in GW34 and waste my TC sometime after that.

De Gea is dropping in price soon so might be better to take him out if you got him at 5.9.

Quick question- if you have used FH earlier in season....and have WC,BB and TC left to use what is the likely best order in which to use them..( if there is one)?....thanks for any replies/opinions.

Fab/Speroni
    Aguero Firmino Vardy.

Thinking of W/Carding this GW.

Thanks for any advice on if this is a decent time to W/C considering my current squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Fab/Speroni
    Aguero Firmino Vardy.

Thinking of W/Carding this GW.

Thanks for any advice on if this is a decent time to W/C considering my current squad.

I think most people that are using WC this week are probably doing so because they had filled their squad with lots of players from stoke, Bournemouth etc that had games this week.
    I used FH for GW31, so won't be using WC for GW32 as I'm happy enough with my regular squad. My current plan is to use my next few transfers to prep for DGW34 and BGW35, WC on GW36, then BB on GW37 (already used TC earlier).

Your squad looks very cheap? Have you alot in the bank?

I think most people that are using WC this week are probably doing so because they had filled their squad with lots of players from stoke, Bournemouth etc that had games this week.
    I used FH for GW31, so won't be using WC for GW32 as I'm happy enough with my regular squad. My current plan is to use my next few transfers to prep for DGW34 and BGW35, WC on GW36, then BB on GW37 (already used TC earlier).

Your squad looks very cheap? Have you alot in the bank?

Thanks for reply....have 10m in bank....got rid of a few decent players to have lads like Doucore for GW31(didn’t do much!:)).....didn’t have free hit left to use in GW 31.
    Considering my current squad do you think I need to WC this GW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Thanks for reply....have 10m in bank....got rid of a few decent players to have lads like Doucore for GW31(didn’t do much!:)).....didn’t have free hit left to use in GW 31.
    Considering my current squad do you think I need to WC this GW?
    Well it’ll probably take a few transfers to spend the 10m, so it may worth your while using the wildcard. Your scenario (a lot of players specifically for GW31) seems to fill the bill for a lot of the other wildcards around here.

How many transfers and at what points hit do you think you’ll need to get your squad right for GW32-35? Answer that question and you’ll probably answer your WC question.

• Advertisement

So this morning I faced a very difficult choice.....invest yet more time slogging through my notice period, handing over tasks I no longer care about to colleagues who have no interest in taking them on...

Or....I could put my talents to use and flute about with an add-on to Ben Crelin's much vaunted DGW planning file :D

So what I've come up with is the following (will be of most use to Wildcarders I think but might be useful for all hopefully):

Based on the Crelin fixture file, I've added another sheet called 'Team' to the file attached.

This will allow you to enter your squad in Column C and see their respective fixtures from now until the end of the season.

Note: the player name doesn't need to be official here so DDG, Bavies, TPT etc. won't cause any errors.

The key thing to get right is the three letter team code (CHE, TOT etc.) in Column D) which will pull the data from the other sheet. Any typos or spaces will screw with the lookups.

Perhaps the handiest feature is on Row 21 which will show you the count of GW players for each week.

Not ground-breaking I know but might save some manual work and headaches...would be great to have the full player database with values available.

There's no controls in place in relation to position (eg. picking 3 keepers won't show as an error) or teams (eg. 4 from the same team) so bear that in mind.

So are we all in agreement that we do a whip around to recognise and rewards Cartman78's dedication for handling in his notice in order to concentrate his work on managing his FPL team and putting together that Spreadsheet?

Serious dedication!!:D

Advertisement