Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

shineon23 wrote: »
    So are we all in agreement that we do a whip around to recognise and rewards Cartman78's dedication for handling in his notice in order to concentrate his work on managing his FPL team and putting together that Spreadsheet?

Serious dedication!!:D

Cheers.....I just couldn't balance work commitments and FPL any more so something had to give.

The missus isn't too impressed but I'll convince her eventually that the thrill of captaining an obscure OOP Huddersfield midfielder far outweighs the predictability of a steady job and regular paycheck.

Anyway...as the Cup games all went with the bookies odds I'm assuming there won't be any drastic changes to the schedule (?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Cheers.....I just couldn't balance work commitments and FPL any more so something had to give.

The missus isn't too impressed but I'll convince her eventually that the thrill of captaining an obscure OOP Huddersfield midfielder far outweighs the predictability of a steady job and regular paycheck.

Anyway...as the Cup games all went with the bookies odds I'm assuming there won't be any drastic changes to the schedule (?)

Indeed, this was my biggest concern yesterday - will Cartmans spreadsheet still work or will he need to do another one, and will I have to download it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Only got round to having a look at that now Cartman. Excellent work and a great resource for us all to use. Its time this forum reclaimed our Blank/DGW supremacy from Ben Crelin and his fancy spreadsheets:)

I'll refresh it and post here if there's changes....will keep an eye on Crelins Twitter feed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I for one welcome our new spreadsheet overlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You guys have to much time on your hands!

:p

<says me who has the Ben Crelin tab saved>

On subject, GW35 updated...

Saturday 21 April
    Everton 15:00 Newcastle
    Stoke 15:00 Burnley
    Watford 15:00 Crystal Palace

Sunday 22 April
    West Brom 14:15 Liverpool
    Man City 16:30 Swansea

Monday 23 April
    Arsenal 20:00 West Ham

That's gonna be an absolute nightmare for anyone without a FH I think

ScummyMan wrote: »

Held mine. Although I do fear normal service will resume, after GW31 points of 90+.

:o

Just need to DGWs to be confirmed now, and FFFix to update GW35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Why’s that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

GW31 was way worse for me. Looking at GW35, my current squad already has 9 playing so a couple of transfers in the next 2-3 weeks and I should be good.

• Advertisement

GW31 was way worse for me. Looking at GW35, my current squad already has 9 playing so a couple of transfers in the next 2-3 weeks and I should be good.

Yes, but you're very limited then as to your prep for DGWs 34 and 37. Any Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester, Man United, Tottenham, or Southampton players you get in for their doubles in 34 will immediately blank in GW35.

A FH would allow you to ignore this and just build for the doubles.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat though, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes, but you're very limited then as to your prep for DGWs 34 and 37. Any Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester, Man United, Tottenham, or Southampton players you get in for their doubles in 34 will immediately blank in GW35.

A FH would allow you to ignore this and just build for the doubles.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat though, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out in reality.

It’s going to be very tricky no doubt about it
    I’ll have double burnley and one arsenal anyway and keeping 3 pool and Hennessy so that’s 7 already
    I’ll have no saints at any point . Probably not Chelsea either . Son from spurs . De Gea from united . Brighton’s double and fixtures thereafter are horrible so none from them either

Thought I would give that oul Spread Sheet a go. Unfortunetly, its read only for me, as my version of Excel is 2007. Any ideas on how to open in my version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Mint Sauce wrote:
    Thought I would give that oul Spread Sheet a go. Unfortunetly, its read only for me, as my version of Excel is 2007. Any ideas on how to open in my version.

I downloaded a free program called Apache open office. That will sort you out.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I downloaded a free program called Apache open office. That will sort you out.

Opened it again, and it sorted its self out.

Current team.

GW34. 6 DGW players
    GW35. 8 players.
    GW37. 7 DGW players

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bit of talk that the big dgw may end up being gw 37 and not 34 due to TV demands. I reckon there will be some sort of an unexpected twist with the fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Bit of talk that the big dgw may end up being gw 37 and not 34 due to TV demands. I reckon there will be some sort of an unexpected twist with the fixtures.

I think there will be. I'd say the TV companies would like a game every night from Friday 4th May to Thursday 10th May, similar to last year.

FFFix still seems to have not fully updated yet for GW35. Team selection still shows I have a full squad, yet the the points predictor is giving me quite a low score, suggesting that it has caught up.

Do we have any idea when the DGWs will be confirmed?

Benimar wrote: »
    I think there will be. I'd say the TV companies would like a game every night from Friday 4th May to Thursday 10th May, similar to last year.

I'll TC salah in 34 and BB 37 if this happens

km79 wrote: »
    I'll TC salah in 34 and BB 37 if this happens

Daydreaming here at "work" - depending on how the Champions League goes, Salah at home to Brighton on the last day of the season might be a TC option.

Brighton should be safe and he could be on a goal hunt to seal the Golden Boot :cool:

• Advertisement

Daydreaming here at "work" - depending on how the Champions League goes, Salah at home to Brighton on the last day of the season might be a TC option.

Brighton should be safe and he could be on a goal hunt to seal the Golden Boot :cool:

Interesting ......

More tinkering, thanks to the Crelin and Cartman Spreadsheets.

GW34 is now giving me 11 of my team playing twice. With the possible Spurs fixtures in GW37, Kane fitness, and my abilty to buy him back into the squad, its looking like BB in GW34, FH for GW35 to add to my current 8, and TC in GW37.

WC activated last night, currently has my team looking like this with 2.0 in the bank...

Fabianski DDG

Morgan Mee Ogbonna Robertson Otamendi

Salah Groß Milivojevic Mahrez Son

Firmino Rashford Vardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

If Kane is missing for the next few weeks is Salah not just about guaranteed golden boot anyway.

If Kane is missing for the next few weeks is Salah not just about guaranteed golden boot anyway.

He should have the English wrapped up alright by then (assuming he doesn't get injured/rotated himself in the meantime) but am I right in thinking that there's a European golden boot thingy as well?

Anyway, I'm basically looking for a reason not to TC Big Rom in a DGW :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

He should have the English wrapped up alright by then (assuming he doesn't get injured/rotated himself in the meantime) but am I right in thinking that there's a European golden boot thingy as well?

Anyway, I'm basically looking for a reason not to TC Big Rom in a DGW :pac::pac::pac:
    Never thought about that. Go Mo.
    Big Rom and Andy Carroll broke my heart before in DGW. Never again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Hopefully there are a few teams with a GW 35 and a Double in 37. That will allow us to plan ahead in this Wildcard towards having a good few DGW 37 players while being able to field a full 11 for GW 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Already activated the wildcard. If the games end up in a super 37 then will adjust who I have picked but it's not the end of the world. I've a lot of 31 dross left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

dsmythy wrote: »
    Already activated the wildcard. If the games end up in a super 37 then will adjust who I have picked but it's not the end of the world. I've a lot of 31 dross left.

Definitely not the end of the world but t could change the order of planned BB/TC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Man Utd v Spurs Cup SF set for Saturday 21st April at 5.15pm

Man Utd are scheduled to play WBA on Sunday 15th and West Ham are scheduled to play Stoke on Sunday 16th.

Therefore the West Ham v Man Utd game will almost certainly NOT be rescheduled for GW34 - as it would involve one of the teams playing twice in 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Benimar wrote: »
    Man Utd v Spurs Cup SF set for Saturday 21st April at 5.15pm

Man Utd are scheduled to play WBA on Sunday 15th and West Ham are scheduled to play Stoke on Sunday 16th.

Therefore the West Ham v Man Utd game will almost certainly NOT be rescheduled for GW34 - as it would involve one of the teams playing twice in 3 days.

That means Utd will have to play BOU in 34 then.
    BOU play LIV on the 14th.

Advertisement