Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

F1ngers wrote: »
    That means Utd will have to play BOU in 34 then.
    BOU play LIV on the 14th.

WBA and BOU........that's about as good as it gets for attacking players .........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Utd could play west ham the Thurs of gw 35 possibly. West ham and utd both have a fixture the Sunday of gw 36. Would suit utd not having to play 3 days before a cup sf

Utd could play west ham the Thurs of gw 35 possibly. West ham and utd both have a fixture the Sunday of gw 36. Would suit utd not having to play 3 days before a cup sf

So no dgw 34 but no blank 35
    Aaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh

km79 wrote: »
    So no dgw 34 but no blank 35
    Aaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh

Ye and a dgw 37. They could also move west hams Monday night fixture in 34 to a Sunday which would mean west ham play utd on the wed. Or of course just put bou utd as the midweek fixture. I just think there is going to be something unexpected happening due to TV demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ye and a dgw 37. They could also move west hams Monday night fixture in 34 to a Sunday which would mean west ham play utd on the wed. Or of course just put bou utd as the midweek fixture. I just think there is going to be something unexpected happening due to TV demands.

There was a post on FFS which made a very compelling argument that, for TV purposes, it makes more sense that the cancelled GW31 games go to DGW37 and the cancelled GW35 games go to DGW34.

This would change the DGW of Burnley, West Ham, Man City, Newcastle, Swansea and Arsenal from 34 to 37.

The DGW for Bournemouth and Huddersfield would move to 34.

Would make TC34 and BB37 a far more viable option.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    There was a post on FFS which made a very compelling argument that, for TV purposes, it makes more sense that the cancelled GW31 games go to DGW37 and the cancelled GW35 games go to DGW34.

This would change the DGW of Burnley, West Ham, Man City, Newcastle, Swansea and Arsenal from 34 to 37.

The DGW for Bournemouth and Huddersfield would move to 34.

Would make TC34 and BB37 a far more viable option.

Ye I saw that. I'm hoping that's the case as I don't have a wildcard but I could play my FH in dgw 34 and would be able to get a strong 35 team and gw 37 team through FTs. Hits in 35 for lads that also have dgws.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ye I saw that. I'm hoping that's the case as I don't have a wildcard but I could play my FH in dgw 34 and would be able to get a strong 35 team and gw 37 team through FTs. Hits in 35 for lads that also have dgws.

That's interesting. I'm in the same boat, with only FH and BB left, but I was thinking of FH35 and BB37 if this becomes the case.

A big DGW37 gives me plenty of time, I can bring in doubles between now and 34, use my FH in 35 and then go nuts with doubles in time to bench boost in 37.

FasKXS2.png

Using the above table as source, but swapping the previously mentioned doubles.

In the lead up to 34 I would load up on BHA, CHE, LEI, MUN, SOT, TOT for their doubles (not too worried about BOU or HUD).

I could then FH in 35 to get rid of them for a week as they all blank. Then they all come back in time for DGW37, and I've time to add two more to em.

EDIT: Actually, looking at it again we're doing essentially the same thing. You give yourself 3 free transfers to bring in BHA, CHE, LEI, MUN, SOT, TOT players, and I give myself 2 to bring in ARS, BUR, MCI, NEW, SWA, WHM players. The question becomes which teams would you rather players from in the lead up to GW34.

Hmm that's one to ponder.

I wish they would just announce them

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Average fixture difficulty to end of the season.

DYplDllWAAEXXxA.jpg:large

Stay in the green and out of the red, you'll get ahead in this game if you just plan ahead.
    ;)

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brighton have a great run until the last three fixtures though so that chart can be misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

ShaneU wrote: »
    Brighton have a great run until the last three fixtures though so that chart can be misleading.

Great point as even then the season could be over for some teams so fixture difficulty with rotation thrown in goes out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

*puts fingers in ears*

No dgw in 34 u say? .... Not true if I can't hear you.

LllLlllaaaaallllll laaa lla LA la LA aba lllaaaa lllla LA LA la

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I already have a decent team for the upcoming gw so I'm delaying my WC until the week after when, hopefully, we'll know significantly more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

Will the fixtures be announced before the next game week on the 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

No dgw in 34 u say? .... Not true if I can't hear you.

I could be wrong but I think they just mean the double game weeks might be flipped so the smaller one would be 34 and bigger one in 37.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think they just mean the double game weeks might be flipped so the smaller one would be 34 and bigger one in 37.

Yes that's what we mean. The assumption has been that all gw 31 cancelled games become dgw34 and all gw 35 cancelled games become dgw 37. There is a chance that may not be the case now. There will still be a dgw 34 but perhaps not as big as anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Benimar wrote: »
    Man Utd v Spurs Cup SF set for Saturday 21st April at 5.15pm

Man Utd are scheduled to play WBA on Sunday 15th and West Ham are scheduled to play Stoke on Sunday 16th.

Therefore the West Ham v Man Utd game will almost certainly NOT be rescheduled for GW34 - as it would involve one of the teams playing twice in 3 days.

This is bad bad news...already activated wildcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

sanket wrote: »

And guys with no wildcard have longer to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Why is it ‘bad news’ for those who have WC activated?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Did a little digging and found this: https://www.premierleague.com/news/353804, last years rearranged fixtures were announced on 20/03 with the rest being announced before 07/04.

• Advertisement

It may have made more sense to hold it till the bigger dgw if gw 37 ends up being a bigger dgw than gw 34. This may not happen either its just speculation at this stage. It all depends what way the fixtures fall which we don't know yet. It also depends on your individual situation with your current squad though and on what chips you have remaining. There are loads of ways to approach using your chips including the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Unless the fixtures are announced this week,the wildcard will be pretty useless. Hope they announce them soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Unless the fixtures are announced this week,the wildcard will be pretty useless. Hope they announce them soon.

Not really, you still know who has two games, and most teams were in ****e after 31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Also, when it comes to GW37 I think rotation might be a bigger issue for the double for a lot of teams with little to play for compared with 34, so harder to be certain of getting a full team who will play both games even with a WC the week before.

I think both 34 and 37 are still both good options for the WC, depends on the current situation/status of your team also. If there are 4 or 5 players who you need to ship out, it makes sense now rather than dragging out a few more weeks with a poor team for the sake of a few extra doubles imo. But if you team is in good shape at the moment, I can see the argument in waiting also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Also, when it comes to GW37 I think rotation might be a bigger issue for the double for a lot of teams with little to play for compared with 34, so harder to be certain of getting a full team who will play both games even with a WC the week before.

I think that's exaggerated.
    People said the same about the big DGW37 last year but most people who played BB that week scored 150+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The potential lack of a GW34 bonanza is a pity - especially as I have wildcarded this week.
    But have 14 players who have 8 gameweeks left. And Salah.
    So will need to be a bit conservative in picking players who will most likely get gametime. Smalling for example is looking too risky for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

https://www.premierleague.com/news/649658

Boom

Ok link not working but some games rearranged.

Just 4 rescheduled matches in 34.
    Brighton spurs
    Bournemouth utd
    Burnley Chelsea
    Leicester Southampton.

United now have WBA and bou...........
    But the week before FA Cup semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone have Ben Crelin's mobile number?

Advertisement