Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Only burnley have a game in 35 of the DGW 34 teams
    Arsenal’s double is now 37
    Spurs have a lovely set of games from 35-38

I think I’ll get lukakau and not auba in
    Switch to Kane for 35

Chris wood or Ashley Barnes .........and taworski coming in this week
    Lukakau and De Gea

Chances of TC salah now very high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Interesting that Burnley have a Double in 34 as well as a game in 35.....
    Any team have a game in 35 and a double in 37?

If Cartman is still doing nothing in work, can he please update his spreadsheet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just 4 rescheduled matches in 34.
    Brighton spurs
    Bournemouth utd
    Burnley Chelsea
    Leicester Southampton.

Lost 3 DGW players with my current WC team. So either I delay my BB or switch maybe two of those players. Or still BB but with good single gameweek players. Still happy enough to have done the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A lot will be taking out Auba but 3 home games in their next 4, whereas 3 of their last 4 are away and they've been terrible away all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Cartman is still doing nothing in work, can he please update his spreadsheet :)

Arsenal city west ham swansea and newcastle. For those with no wildcard and a FH this is great news. Sign gw 35 players that have a double now and FH in 34 is what I'm doing. If you have no wildcard or FH its also good take hits in 35 for players from the above 5 teams. The BB is going to be a hindrance for some people I reckon. I'm playing mine in a sgw.

• Advertisement

Arsenal city west ham swansea and newcastle. For those with no wildcard and a FH this is great news. Sign gw 35 players that have a double now and FH in 34 is what I'm doing. If you have no wildcard or FH its also good take hits in 35 for players from the above 5 teams. The BB is going to be a hindrance for some people I reckon. I'm playing mine in a sgw.

Cheers, I am currently on WC but have no FH left.

Have to decide to plan for a BB in either 34 or 37 and TC the other. Though it's now looking like 37 will be better for the BB.
    Should have no problem fielding 11 players in 35 at this stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

WC active, BB and TC in the chamber (no FH).

All very confusing but likely will stick with the plan of getting a good WC team for 32, 33 and dgw34. So might have to twek my current wc a little.

BB 34.

Bank 2 transfers for 35 and maybe take an 8 point hit for players who play 35 and dgw in 37 (can justify a bigger hit here).

TC in 37.

Haven't thought this through much, but think it's best way to go in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What do you mean 'if'??? :D

I'll wait for Crelin to update the source data and do a refresh tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

How do we up date our spread sheets now? Should really have listened more carefully during my Excel Modules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Soooo..TC34, WC35, BB37 has certainly come into play!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'll wait for Crelin to update the source data and do a refresh tomorrow.

It's updated.

Benimar wrote: »
    Soooo..TC34, WC35, BB37 has certainly come into play!

Yeah it has hasn't it? Ugh I thought I had it all planned out.

TC Lukaku? Fixtures are nice but he just hasn't proven as ever being explosive.

Meanwhile Spurs should have WBA (a) and Newcastle (H) in 37, Kane seems very tasty for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Exciting times folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For those with all chips I reckon you would be much better served playing your BB in a sgw and the FH in a dgw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

giphy.gif

Right, here it is.

Current team:
    Pickford Coleman
    VVD Bavies Maguire Mawson Tomkins
    Salah Sterling Shaqiri Ramsey McArthur
    Kane Firmino WIlson

2FTs, £1.5m in the bank.

DGW34: 3 (4 if Kane has a Lazarus like recovery)
    BGW35: 10
    DGW37: 5 (6 with Kane)

I'm ignoring Coleman in all this as he doesn't play. I think this makes it obvious that a FH in BGW34 is the way to go.

My plan therefore is as follows:

Two transfers this week, most likely Kane -> Aubameyang and Wilson -> Vardy. This gives me 11 in GW35, and 7 doubles in GW37.
    I then have one FT in GW33, which will most likely be upgrading Coleman.
    FH time in GW34, to get 8 doubles and 3 Liverpool.
    Barring injury I should have 11 in GW35 and be in a positon to bank.
    Leaves me 3 transfers to bring in doubles for GW37, and I plan to take at least two hits in this time. Brings me up to 12 doubles and 3 Liverpool, set up to bench boost.

I need a sit down after that!

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah it has hasn't it? Ugh I thought I had it all planned out.

TC Lukaku? Fixtures are nice but he just hasn't proven as ever being explosive.

Meanwhile Spurs should have WBA (a) and Newcastle (H) in 37, Kane seems very tasty for that

Probably Lukaku, but maybe Salah.

If I did a pre-34 WC and BB34, TC37 it would involve:
    3 LIV
    3 BUR
    7 from LEI, MNU, TOT and CHE (for their double doubles)
    2 other DGW34 players

That gives 12 DGW players and 3 Liverpool in DGW34 for my BB

For GW35, I'd only have 3 LIV, 3 BUR and whoever replaced the random DGW34 players - almost certainly this would be Man City players - giving me 8 players in total. 8 is a bit light but getting in more involves hits and transferring out MUN/TOT/CHE/LEI player who have a double in 37.

Transfers in 35 and 36 would then be used on replacing LIV/BUR players with DGW37 players giving 10 DGWers and Salah in 37.

Of course, this assumes no injuries or suspensions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    United now have WBA and bou...........
    But the week before FA Cup semi

Good spot. You'd imagine De Gea and Lukaku would be safe though. Especially DDG.

Must say so far there's no real stand out teams for this DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I regret wildcard this week could have probably held my old team.

I have FH, TC and BB but unsure what to do. Any thoughts on how to navigate.

I'm tempted BB in first DGW, TC in blank week and FH for second DGW.

Incase you cant find Crellins updated Spread Sheet, here it is. If you have both his and Cartmans Spreedsheet saved to your own excel, updating one, should automatically update the other. It did for me, entering the information manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I wild carded and I have no regrets, couldn’t wait to get rid of Holgate,Elliott, Richarlison, Choupo, Wilson. I’m going for 14 Dgw players in 34 and BBing. So far behind I have to gamble.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    I wild carded and I have no regrets, couldn’t wait to get rid of Holgate,Elliott, Richarlison, Choupo, Wilson. I’m going for 14 Dgw players in 34 and BBing. So far behind I have to gamble.

Do you have your FH?

If not you will get destroyed in GW35 with that plan. At best you would have Salah, 3 Burnley and 2FTs. Liverpool, City and Arsenal have excellent GW35 fixtures an you will have a max of 3 (unless you take hits - which sort of negates your BB to be honest)

I'm also not sure there are 14 players I'd want who have doubles in GW34, as three of the teams have a cup semi straight after.

Benimar wrote: »
    Do you have your FH?

If not you will get destroyed in GW35 with that plan. At best you would have Salah, 3 Burnley and 2FTs. Liverpool, City and Arsenal have excellent GW35 fixtures an you will have a max of 3 (unless you take hits - which sort of negates your BB to be honest)

I'm also not sure there are 14 players I'd want who have doubles in GW34, as three of the teams have a cup semi straight after.

I don’t have a WC or FH and I don’t really want to TC anyone in 34 except salah
    I don’t know what to do now !

patmac wrote: »

No regrets here either. FH in GW35, as on current draft have 9 players. BB and TC, yet to decide which DGW to play them on. GW34, 7 playing twice. GW37 (on current crellin prediction), 10 playing twice.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Incase you cant find Crellins updated Spread Sheet, here it is. If you have both his and Cartmans Spreedsheet saved to your own excel, updating one, should automatically update the other. It did for me, entering the information manually.

I am useless with formulas, can't get it to work :(

I am useless with formulas, can't get it to work :(

I could never get my head around excel either. I managed to open Crellins/Cartmans SS on my excel, and then just changed the fixtures, one cell at a time, following Crellins most recent update. The formulas seemed to be saved when I orriginally opened them.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I could never get my head around excel either. I managed to open Crellins/Cartmans SS on my excel, and then just changed the fixtures, one cell at a time, following Crellins most recent update. The formulas seemed to be saved when I orriginally opened them.

I copied and pasted Grellins expected fixtures onto Cartman's and it seems to be working now :)

My WC team has now a lot more Doubles in GW 37 than 34.....looks like BB 37 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it mad to not look at BB in a DGW, cannot see me getting rid of Salah so that's at least one non DGW person in there

Maybe FH in 34 then TC in 37

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is it mad to not look at BB in a DGW, cannot see me getting rid of Salah so that's at least one non DGW person in there

Maybe FH in 34 then TC in 37

I'll have 29 players in GW37, Salah being the SGW player - BB for me.

TC in 34, FH in 35.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'll have 29 players in GW37, Salah being the SGW player - BB for me.

TC in 34, FH in 35.

I’m leaning toward TC in 34 now too and B.B. in37
    But TC who ???

• Advertisement

There's some players with great fixtures and some really proven players who only have one fixture in 34 and then play im 35.

Trying not to get too obsessed with the numbers game of " how many dgws do I have?". Yes I want a good few, but there needs to be a balance.

Any Liverpool or Arsenal player is a good pick, Arny too I will likely pick. I can see them outscoring an alternative dgwer that I shoehorn in and then will leave me floundering in 35.

It's such a delicate balancing act between proven points potential, fixtures, and managing the blanks with the doubles.

Needs to be a carefully considered balance between all these factors.

At the moment I have a team that should fair well in the lead in to dgw 34. Then I have 10 dgw players but my remaining 5 have great 34 fixtures for the BB.

This will leave me with just 6 for gw35. 2 fts to bring me to 8. Will likely take an 8 or 12 point hit to bring me to 10/11 players with also a view to maxing out dgw 37.

Even this plan might be a little too aggressive on 34...

More than 10 dgws on 34 without a FH in reserve seems too short sighted imo

Advertisement